ADVERTISEMENT

Sushi Lover pulls out 5 ft tapeworm out of his

This is why while I think sushi is good, I rarely eat it. I just don’t trust the food supply chain in this country to assure the raw fish isn’t tainted or....has worms.

that is nasty as hell. i hope that food services looks into the sushi places that guy frequents.

My view on sushi is I will pay less money and have the chef COOK it.

If you eat raw bait, bad things can happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFBS
This is why while I think sushi is good, I rarely eat it. I just don’t trust the food supply chain in this country to assure the raw fish isn’t tainted or....has worms.
This is why I dont even trust restaurant seafood if you arent by the beach. I was on a trip in the gulf a few years ago (before the oil). We caught 5 nice blacks (grouper) and all 5 were infested with worms when we cut them open. Was the most disappointed I think you could be after that kind of a day. Ended up eating more grunt than anything.

The sad thing is there were people on the dock that wanted the fish and didnt care about the worms. (I think they were gonna make soup)

So a few years later my wife had a grouper sandwich at winghouse (against my judgement) and there were worms (cooked and harmless) but I laughed my a$$ off.

If you are more than 10 miles from the beach, dont order fish.

This is why I dont even trust restaurant seafood if you arent by the beach. I was on a trip in the gulf a few years ago (before the oil). We caught 5 nice blacks (grouper) and all 5 were infested with worms when we cut them open. Was the most disappointed I think you could be after that kind of a day. Ended up eating more grunt than anything.

The sad thing is there were people on the dock that wanted the fish and didnt care about the worms. (I think they were gonna make soup)

So a few years later my wife had a grouper sandwich at winghouse (against my judgement) and there were worms (cooked and harmless) but I laughed my a$$ off.

If you are more than 10 miles from the beach, dont order fish.
How far off shore were you when you caught the 5 blacks. Depth?

I grouper fish out of Naples which is a long drive from Oviedo just to fish. But we go out about 50 miles, 300’ depth. I have never had a problem with worms maybe because the water is colder at that depth.

I grouper fish out of Naples which is a long drive from Oviedo just to fish. But we go out about 50 miles, 300’ depth. I have never had a problem with worms maybe because the water is colder at that depth.
Yeah I doubt you would at that depth. At that depth I would think you are going for red snapper or gags though. We were just reef fishing on my dad's boat. Was an awesome trip though. Caught all sorts of crap. Triggers coming out of your a$$ (was the first time I had ever had trigger and it was pretty good), all sorts of assorted snapper. But brought up 5 grouper that 1 day and all 5 were infested.

Were you trolling with planers?

Last edited:
Anchored off the reefs, move from spot to spot. Catch reds, gag, and blacks. Also snapper, trigger, and occasional yellow tail. Have to be mindful of the season and limits. We have been boarded more than once by the coast guard to check the counts, lenghts, etc

It's great fishing out there but a long haul back to the marina at the end of the day.

Anchored off the reefs, move from spot to spot. Catch reds, gag, and blacks. Also snapper, trigger, and occasional yellow tail. Have to be mindful of the season and limits. We have been boarded more than once by the coast guard to check the counts, lenghts, etc

It's great fishing out there but a long haul back to the marina at the end of the day.
Anchoring at 300 feet sounds like a nightmare...Ive fished out that far on the Atlantic side and further for yellowfin but not on the gulf.

And the coast guard boarding a boat for fish is the biggest joke ive ever heard. Ive been boarded by the DEC in NY and I know the coast guard would do it to for rock fish and stripers but there is no other word for it than ridiculous.

Hey you see that trawler over there bringing in 10000 pounds of fish every pass, should we check it? nah, lets check the recreational guy to make sure he didnt take 2 reds. the rec fisherman is the one destroying our fisheries. So Effing stupid.

LOL now im suddenly pissed off :p

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The same words of come out of my mouth. Screw the weekend guys and let the large commercial boats have their way.....with none of the limits we have.

Anchoring at 300 feet sounds like a nightmare...Ive fished out that far on the Atlantic side and further for yellowfin but not on the gulf.

And the coast guard boarding a boat for fish is the biggest joke ive ever heard. Ive been boarded by the DEC in NY and I know the coast guard would do it to for rock fish and stripers but there is no other word for it than ridiculous.

Hey you see that trawler over there bringing in 10000 pounds of fish every pass, should we check it? nah, lets check the recreational guy to make sure he didnt take 2 reds. the rec fisherman is the one destroying our fisheries. So Effing stupid.

LOL now im suddenly pissed off :p

Well that's because the commerical fishers can afford lobbyists, no such thing for the recreational guys.

Well that's because the commerical fishers can afford lobbyists, no such thing for the recreational guys.
but the coast guard has to see the BS when they do it. they cant just be so blind when they board a 21 foot boat while the trawler is floating by right?

lmao @ ppl ITT thinking sushi is some crazy food. Let me know when you've sucked the eyeball from a rabbit that was living 5 seconds ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT