ADVERTISEMENT

Talking Head "S.A.S.", as heard on Bianchi

ProAttitude

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
“This Place”, UCF Sports
What idiots pay someone with a niche following $3.5 MILLION to talk about SPORTS?

It's SPORTS!

Unfreaking believable that a school teacher or LEO can barely meek out a comfortable salary and some IDIOTS pay a talking head, $3.5 million to talk about SPORTS.

F#cking insane IDIOTS did just that.

The bar will never be lower for mediocrity.

Originally posted by ProAttitude:
What idiots pay someone with a niche following $3.5 MILLION to talk about SPORTS?

It's SPORTS!

Unfreaking believable that a school teacher or LEO can barely meek out a comfortable salary and some IDIOTS pay a talking head, $3.5 million to talk about SPORTS.

It's simple economics.

There are a lot of teachers and LEO's. There aren't a lot ( comparatively ) of people who talk sports and get decent ratings.

What's there to be mad about?

I could see being miffed about having millionaire coaches and assistant coaches with "student athletes" who can't be offered an extra meal from their "employers" without being suspended for violating the rules of "amateurism."

This post was edited on 1/26 12:05 PM by brahmanknight

Originally posted by brahmanknight:

It's SPORTS!

It's simple economics.

There are a lot of teachers and LEO's. There aren't a lot ( comparatively ) of people who talk sports and get decent ratings.

What's there to be mad about?

I could see being miffed about having millionaire coaches and assistant coaches with "student athletes" who can't be offered an extra meal from their "employers" without being suspended for violating the rules of "amateurism."

This post was edited on 1/26 12:05 PM by brahmanknight
It is simple math social value = profit. Therefore, society is 3.5 million times better with who ever this is about being on the television / radio than without them.

It's SPORTS!

roll.r191677.gif

So we should tether the pay for every profession to what LEOs and teachers do and don't get paid?

Jim Rome clears $40M per year. You must be near suicidal when learning that.

I never mentioned I am against free enterprise. Just that the people in charge of the entertainment networks are IDIOTS for perpetuating mediocrity.
Yes, because companies always strive to pay people more than what they're worth*

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:

It's SPORTS!

roll.r191677.gif

So we should tether the pay for every profession to what LEOs and teachers do and don't get paid?

That baffles me if true

Originally posted by UCFKNIGHTS88:

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:

It's SPORTS!

roll.r191677.gif

That baffles me if true
It's true. He makes $35M from his radio show syndication and $5M more in his TV show/advertising deals.

It's estimated his net worth is north of $140M.

I never mentioned I am against free enterprise. Just that the people in charge of the entertainment networks are IDIOTS for perpetuating mediocrity.
You could always go on a campaign to get cable providers to drop ESPN and the like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT