ADVERTISEMENT

Texas MBB Coach Confronts 'Classless' UCF Players

GEGgr7KWoAAZCgK

UCF coach Johnny Dawkins told reporters after the game that Terry is “a great man” and that he has “a lot of respect” for the Texas program. Dawkins said he would review the footage and promised, “If there’s any action that needs to be taken on my end from our staff, I will do that.”

When Dawkins does watch video of the handshake line incident, he might be surprised how tame his players’ celebration was. They don’t seem to be flashing the Horns Down in the faces of Texas players. This wasn't the atrocity that Terry made it out to be.

The bigger concern for Terry should be his own team’s inability to protect a 15-point second-half lead. The Longhorns made only four baskets over the game’s final 12 minutes, following up a dreadful road loss at outmanned West Virginia with another costly setback against an unheralded UCF team in the midst of its debut Big 12 season.

And y'all thought Mikey Williams was the only "classless" player at UCF. Y'all got all these guys playing and not even enrolled.

Last edited:
All the video I have seen was put players huddled up doing it in their huddle. It wasn’t like they were flashing the crowd or the opposing players. This guy is just a soft ass sore loser. Our players showed way more class than him in the handshake line.

I love how the whole conference and national media is clowning them. What a dumb reaction, clearly just pissed at the loss and venting some frustration.

I wish Dawkins stood up for his players and called out Terry for his “classless” profane yelling at HIS players.

Hey Longhorns! Wait until you get an ass whooping at Kentucky or any of the SEC schools. They are going to “horns down” your asses until you’ll be walking bow legged!

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
He knows his players aren’t actually cows, right?

And classes is a slogan that encourages players to pimp out the other team. Telling your team to “hook ‘em.”……

Agree they shouldn’t have done it at a moment when you are supposed to be expressing sportsmanship, but I bet 80% of this was about the loss itself.
I don't think the players should have done it either but the behavior by Texas' coach yelling profanities was far more egregious than what the players did. It's up to our coach to talk to our players. But on the other hand it might make for an interesting matchup in the future.

Dan Patrick has the correct view. If you don’t want other teams to flash the horns down sign, then don’t flash the horns up sign.
Yes Texas players did the horns up many times but I would wait until they did it to us first... then give it back to them. Doing it during the the hand shaking is what bothers me.

The history here is that Texas have been whiney bitches about horns down for decades. They even got the previous Big 12 commissioner to make flashing horns down by an opposing player while the game is still going a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Just for Texas. Aggies had thumbs up, but if you did thumbs down, no penalty. Texas Tech has "guns up" but teams would put it to make like the loser sign against your forehead, no penalty.

So silly - just like when teams beat Florida (back when they were elite) they would do the gator chomp right at the players on the field, and the SEC was smart enough to not make that a penalty.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Yes Texas players did the horns up many times but I would wait until they did it to us first... then give it back to them. Doing it during the the hand shaking is what bothers me.
. When you say “wait until they did it to us first” I would say they (fans, and players) were doing it all game until it was clear they weren’t going to win. They’re not flashing the horns up when they’re losing, besides I thought the players did the horns down thingy in their team huddle before they got in the handshake line.

Last edited:
I give Texas my full admiration. It's difficult to play BB while wearing diapers. Are you kidding me, babies? This is not any different than trash talking, in fact, it's far better than what comes out of many sports player's mouths. WOW, are they going to cry once they realize that no-one in the SEC is going to cater to them like the Big XII did.

As a side note: this baby crap gives me more admiration for everyone that broke the sport's color barrier and had N- thrown in their faces.

My daughter goes to A&M and they’re loving this. She’s been forwarding me some hilarious texts and memes.

Can someone please make a video of this guys comments mixed in with his reactions when they won at Cincinnati.
+1000

What is the penalty EVERY single time Wichita State plays an away game in front of fans who have the internet?

I'm sure there are no insensitive hand gestures at their games ever......

. When you say “wait until they did it to us first” I would say they (fans, and players) were doing it all game until it was clear they weren’t going to win. They’re not flashing the horns up when they’re losing, besides I thought the players did the horns down thingy in their team huddle before they got in the handshake line.
The more I hear from other people more familiar with Texas and how they do the Horns up to rub it in the more I understand why many fans and pundits feel that if Texas doesn't want Horns Down don't do Horns up.

Reactions: Knight59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT