ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Knight Nation! We put our best foot forward!

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Over the years I've been really hard on various, select 'fans' on our boards. But over the last few years, the super-majority of Knight Nation has really impressed me. This came full circle at the game yesterday, and just solidifies how we put our best foot forward this year!

You represented ... you were there, you were loud, you were nice to Auburn fans, even the tiny specs of Nebraska fans in the stadium (who claim to be 50x more numerous than they were).

You screamed ... and loudly, when George O'Leary was introduced. I love the respect George now gets when he's not our HC. I was afraid he wouldn't, and I was wrong (and that bodes very well for Frost too).

You influenced ... kept chanting, cheering the team, in the game, making the difference. Our guys took Auburn out of it early, and our fans made sure they knew we were the bigger fanbase there.

We've talked a lot about the Big XII, but let's also look at the realities of the "more local" conferences. Both the SEC and the ACC also took note that when UCF has a bowl game within 10 hours, the fans show up en masse! And our TV ratings are looking really good too.

The downturn at ESPN has been poorly timed, and I don't see any P5 conference adding us as a result. But that is not because of our doing, we literally took away any excuses they could make -- on-the-field, in-the-stands, on-TV and anywhere else.

I'm beyond proud of our fanbase.

Last edited:
Over the years I've been really hard on various, select 'fans' on our boards. But over the last few years, the super-majority of Knight Nation has really impressed me. This came full circle at the game yesterday, and just solidifies how we put our best foot forward this year!

You represented ... you were there, you were loud, you were nice to Auburn fans, even the tiny specs of Nebraska fans in the stadium (who claim to be 50x more numerous than they were).

You screamed ... and loudly, when George O'Leary was introduced. I love the respect George now gets when he's not our HC. I was afraid he wouldn't, and I was wrong (and that bodes very well for Frost too).

You influenced ... kept chanting, cheering the team, in the game, making the difference. Our guys took Auburn out of it early, and our fans made sure they knew we were the bigger fanbase there.

We've talked a lot about the Big XII, but let's also look at the realities of the "more local" conferences. Both the SEC and the ACC also took note that when UCF has a bowl game within 10 hours, the fans show up en masse! And our TV ratings are looking really good too.

The downturn at ESPN has been poorly timed, and I don't see any P5 conference adding us as a result. But that is not because of our doing, we literally took away any excuses they could make -- on-the-field, in-the-stands, on-TV and anywhere else.

I'm beyond proud of our fanbase.
Agree 100% with all of the above. Well stated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT