ADVERTISEMENT

The Eliminator - Irish, UCF and 5 other teams better luck next season

ucfversusbcs

Golden Knight
Oct 14, 2010
The P(ussy) 5 would end if a G5 got in and was able to win the playoffs. There are millions at stake. There's no way it will happen. If it weren't filled with Pussy 5 representatives, there'd be a lot of wonderful steak dinners etc. in their future just to guarantee no G5 gets in.

A lot of ppl are beginning to see how unfair these playoffs are. A decent amount of ppl complaining in the comments section on our behalf.

I'm on there and it's just ridiculous. "If UCF wanted to be considered they should have played more P5 teams" like we could just tell ECU we weren't going to play them this week and Ohio State was coming to Orlando to play us instead.

I'm on there and it's just ridiculous. "If UCF wanted to be considered they should have played more P5 teams" like we could just tell ECU we weren't going to play them this week and Ohio State was coming to Orlando to play us instead.

Yeah, I love the idiots who think we control the conference we are in and we can just drop it whenever we would like.

It's a complete asinine type of thought that reeks of ignorance.
I was talking to a friend a week ago and asked, "You have the knowledge of today. It's 5 years ago and everyone has to say yes... who should UCF have scheduled?"

He said Alabama and Georgia.

Let's say, we even win those two. We beat Alabama (instead of them beating FSU) and we beat Georgia (instead of them beating ND).
Look at Bama's and UGA's resume with those changes. Those are now "OK" wins, both would probably be outside the top 10. In that alternate universe, we wouldn't be included in the playoff and we should have scheduled Oklahoma/Miami... if we beat them, it should have been Bama/UGA.

It's a shell game. We can't even win these theoretical scenarios with knowledge 3/4 of the way through a season, but we should have "scheduled better" 4+ years in advance.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT