ADVERTISEMENT

The Hoops Report - Pre-Season Scrimmage Edition

Hoops McKnight*

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2001
1. It's BASKETBALL SEASON!!

2. I told you guys it is a semi-retirement. The scrimmage ended early, and Mrs. McKnight is watching "The Voice" in the bedroom. Saturday night I'll get home from USF on the Victory Club bus after midnight ? don't expect a report anytime soon after that one.

3. It was a scrimmage, mostly 1st team vs. 2nd. You can't expect individual stats to translate into performance against UF or Memphis. But Isaiah has gotten better ? much better. I don't even care about his jump shot any more. His game tonight was about making his teammates better, whether it be at PG, 2G or SF. He's just a damn smart, quick and talented ballplayer.

4. Same steady Keith Clanton. Basically did what he wanted.

5. They played two 15 minute games, White team vs. Black. If you put them together, Black HC Shawn Finney suffered his first loss as a UCF HC (he won all 4games he served as HC when DJ had to sit out due to NCAA violations).

6. Kasey Wilson is also improved. His weight/strength gains appear to be lower body.

7. Rod Days played with a ton of confidence, and was actually the game's high scorer. He has the flattest jump shot trajectory in modern day basketball history, though. But Tristan seemed tentative the entire scrimmage.

8. Let's just say it was an intimate crowd…

9. Both Stephon Blair and Dylan Karell were very active around the basket. Still need work, but a lot of upside. Matt Williams not there (medical), and Tyler Coons wasn't able to show up until the 6:00 mark in the 2nd half.

10. No Knight Moves (sigh)…

11. Apparently Dwight McCombs is now a GA for the program.

12. Calvin Newell and Daiquan Walker played OK, but we need to see more to form an opinion.

13. Bobby Horodyski hit 2 looooong 3's

Ahhhhhhh.......

I feel much better now. Thanks!

P.S. I can totally relate to your "burden", sometimes some of my countdown's have worn me down in the past. Even a Hoops Report on a now and then basis is a beautiful thing.

Thanks again!!

TRK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT