ADVERTISEMENT

The importance of our Strength and Conditioning

JAFFX2

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2016
http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-duval-2017-footballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/

“Zach deserves this award,” Frost told FootballScoop. “The transformation of our team in two years that he has engineered is unbelievable. We have also been the healthiest team in the country this year because of how he has trained our players. I can’t imagine that anyone has done a better job.”

Added defensive coordinator Erik Chinander: “Zach is awesome. We were strong and fast this year, thanks to his work. We had zero soft tissue injuries this year.”

Hope this is not being overlooked in terms of importance and finding a top notch replacement............

Last edited:
http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-duval-2017-footballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/

“Zach deserves this award,” Frost told FootballScoop. “The transformation of our team in two years that he has engineered is unbelievable. We have also been the healthiest team in the country this year because of how he has trained our players. I can’t imagine that anyone has done a better job.”

Added defensive coordinator Erik Chinander: “Zach is awesome. We were strong and fast this year, thanks to his work. We had zero soft tissue injuries this year.”

Hope this is not being overlooked in terms of importance and finding a top notch replacement............

This is my biggest concern about the new coaching staff. Remember the GOL days when we would get a lot of injuries. The same juniors and seniors on this team missed a lot of time in those days.

been the biggest Duval fan boy even before the 13-0 result, loved his methods and I hope this is not overlooked with Heup. You could argue he was the most valuable assistant that led to this 13-0 Season. He also did well at Wyoming

Reactions: muckdawg24
I tweeted a link for the article to DW, CJH and to Ellarbee

here are old threads from the archives with videos and links before 13-0. Even detailed enough to track their REM cycles during sleep. I don't want to go back to the old school method bc the injury bug will follow

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threa...to-ucf-football-with-ipads.47578/#post-954223
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/strength-and-conditioning.45570/
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/developing-adrian-killins-with-zach-duval.54637/

pre preach bowl
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/jordan-johnson-treasures-gift-of-sleep.58737/

Last edited:

Charmin Soft Huskers

even 0-12 UCF didn't have a player hospitalized & Taggart had the same thing happen when he went to Oregon.

Just further proof Floridians are savages and tougher than the rest of the country's recruits :pimp:
The whole previous staff was soft, they could literally "earn" days off of working out. In what world does that help? the month-plus off from no bowl game doesnt help. It is an understatement to call them soft. New Sheriff in town, cant wait to see what the end product is. Read some articles on the changes ZD made at UCF and it was more than just "more weights" everything was calculated. Thank god Frost brought everybody, especially Duvall!

Hopefully Hype has a good plan for the S and C not to take any steps backwards at UCF.

The whole previous staff was soft, they could literally "earn" days off of working out. In what world does that help? the month-plus off from no bowl game doesnt help. It is an understatement to call them soft. New Sheriff in town, cant wait to see what the end product is. Read some articles on the changes ZD made at UCF and it was more than just "more weights" everything was calculated. Thank god Frost brought everybody, especially Duvall!

Hopefully Hype has a good plan for the S and C not to take any steps backwards at UCF.

It definitely made a difference at UCF. We had fewer injuries and guys were in great shape. Duval was fantastic. He'll get 'em straightened out.

Reactions: NU_FTW

I can confirm this. Nebraska has had a couple players hospitalized due to Zach intense workouts. I also feel it is a huge reason UCF was able to go 11 weeks straight.

What about our spiritual strength? Our emotional conditioning? Are they not important?

I want to be the team chaplain/happiness guru. 150,000 a year plus sideline during games and carried on and off the field in a rickshaw pulled by Knightro.

I will be their Oprah.

Oh brother, the Cornhole turds are on this thread too.....
Shockingly, a little heavy workout almost wiped the present Cornholio players from existence. They really are a mess. Guess they have been eating bon bons and big Turkey legs on the couch with the trolls and watching Nebraska glory day videos. You know, the ones before they were born.

holidays-are-over-get-in-shape-codie.jpg

Oh brother, the Cornhole turds are on this thread too.....
They are so obsessed and envious of us, that they have to monitor every thread 24/7 and either have to comment or “like”’ their comrades comments. They have Cornholio radar.

Is there even still a Nobraska board? Were they banned? Maybe they don’t stand out enough or get the same attention as on our board.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Is there even still a Nobraska board?

That’s rich. It’s well established that you are quite familiar with the location of the Nebraska board.

YOU along with a couple notable pricks from their side were the ones who were 100% responsible for the cornholio invasion on this board, and for the knight invasion on theirs.

There have been some reasonable corn who have tried to post up here. And they were drowned out by the moron corn.

Same thing on their side. When the crap started going around, the reasonable UCF posters on their board were drowned out by your and one other knight fan flaming. Post after post after post. Which triggered a horde of them to come over here.

And they’re still here.

Our board owes you a great thanks for the last 3 months of corn invasion. Well done.

That’s rich. It’s well established that you are quite familiar with the location of the Nebraska board.

YOU along with a couple notable pricks from their side were the ones who were 100% responsible for the cornholio invasion on this board, and for the knight invasion on theirs.

There have been some reasonable corn who have tried to post up here. And they were drowned out by the moron corn.

Same thing on their side. When the crap started going around, the reasonable UCF posters on their board were drowned out by your and one other knight fan flaming. Post after post after post. Which triggered a horde of them to come over here.

And they’re still here.

Our board owes you a great thanks for the last 3 months of corn invasion. Well done.

Don't have the bawls to post this under your real account????

And they’re still here.

Awww. You had to post this for your 1st. Must be hiding.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2

And they’re still here.

Awe. I think your feelings are hurt. By the way, I don’t post on other teams boards or ask any Cornholio pricks to come here. Additionally, I don’t start any posts regarding Nebraska. Why would I? So.., you guys being total douchebags and coming here to start trouble is 100% on you all.

Awe. I think your feelings are hurt. By the way, I don’t post on other teams boards or ask any Cornholio pricks to come here. Additionally, I don’t start any posts regarding Nebraska. Why would I? So.., you guys being total douchebags and coming here to start trouble is 100% on you all.

And his profile says he just joined today. He is definitely hiding something, if he just joined today and knows what waa going on here 3 months ago.

Reactions: Mikesi
And his profile says he just joined today. He is definitely hiding something, if he just joined today and knows what waa going on here 3 months ago.
Absolutely. He was another poster that we have dealt with for months and was banned or changed his name. I’m done talking to or about Nebraska and their fans. UCF and Nebraska were never rivals and barely a thought amongst most of our fanbase.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
have no issue with Nebraska fans that want to come over and get info on their new coaches
Some of us are here to keep up (or try to) with the UCF Football program. College football is the only sport I personally care about. I watch/root for Washington because my wife is from there, and since leaving the B12 Oklahoma because i have mad respect for that program due to our past, UCF is also on the list of teams i wont miss a game of watching. Granted some of Washingtons games i miss because they are Pac after dark and on really late at night half the time. Just trying to keep up with things in the off season. The only exception to me rooting for these teams is if for whatever reason Nebraska plays them.

Thank you for being a respectful UCF fan and not lashing out simply because i am a Husker fan first and a UCF fan 2c

We'll let you slide NU_FTW until you piss us off, then you're outta here! :p
Cant promise not to piss everybody off. There are those on this board who are simply offended by my presence here. For the most part i lurk, knowing even if i have something of substance to contribute it will start a flame fest with those certain people.

I really hope UCF becomes the 4 team CFP buster and forces expansion. Either way i think if UCF keeps it up they will get a P5 invite eventually.

Players have been probably sitting on a couch since Thanksgiving. First workout back after not working out for 2 months probably going to be tough. It's different if you are bowling and the layoff isn't that long. Frost (or Duval) should have eased them back in a bit better. Apparently it was a scaled back version of the program that the 0-12 UCF team got introduced to in 2016, but don't remember any similar issues in that transition. Must be the corn diet.

Players have been probably sitting on a couch since Thanksgiving. First workout back after not working out for 2 months probably going to be tough. It's different if you are bowling and the layoff isn't that long. Frost (or Duval) should have eased them back in a bit better. Apparently it was a scaled back version of the program that the 0-12 UCF team got introduced to in 2016, but don't remember any similar issues in that transition. Must be the corn diet.
They did a condition assessment prior to drawing up the plan. The fault is solely on the previous coaching staff and how lax and soft they were when it came to pushing these players. It showed on the field, this just confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt what we all already suspected. Mike Riley was dubbed "smiling mike" "mr nice guy" for a multitude of reasons, this being one of them. Just another reason why he and his staff needed to go.

BTW Nebraska is the 3rd in corn production, despite our name. We are 2nd in Beef production 5th in Soy production. This would indicate as a state Beef is #1. Not that you care was just informing you. Continue however you desire.

They did a condition assessment prior to drawing up the plan. The fault is solely on the previous coaching staff and how lax and soft they were when it came to pushing these players. It showed on the field, this just confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt what we all already suspected. Mike Riley was dubbed "smiling mike" "mr nice guy" for a multitude of reasons, this being one of them. Just another reason why he and his staff needed to go.

BTW Nebraska is the 3rd in corn production, despite our name. We are 2nd in Beef production 5th in Soy production. This would indicate as a state Beef is #1. Not that you care was just informing you. Continue however you desire.
So the guy that was fired 2.5 months ago is to blame? You'd be surprised how much conditioning can be lost in that time frame. Especially around the holidays.

Reactions: MotorBoater
So the guy that was fired 2.5 months ago is to blame? You'd be surprised how much conditioning can be lost in that time frame. Especially around the holidays.
Oh i understand fully, my point is it was crap to begin with before the break from no bowl season during the holidays. UCF didnt have nearly as bad of conditioning during their off time after 0-12. The workout was dialed back. There is a chance the these 2 kids were pushing themselves too far, but there is no denying that the assessment done prior to dialing back the usual transition routine is 100% on previous staffs conditioning. Like i said you could see it on the field everybody was calling for S&C improvements prior to MR being fired. This is just confirmation is all.

Maybe Nebraska Steers or Bulls would be more appropriate than Corn Huskers.........

Time for NU to rebrand! Nebraska, we makes the beef!

Nebraska has tradition in the nickname, too much to change simply because we arent #1 producing state in corn. We do still produce a massive amount of corn. If i remember the Numbers the top 4 or 5 Corn producing states provide over 60 or 70% of the nations corn. Most the corn we produce is for ethanol and feed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT