ADVERTISEMENT

The importance of our Strength and Conditioning

CJH remains focused on our S&C program.....

How can this be?? I thought it was written in stone that in order for you to have a well conditioned, fast, strong and explosive team that you have to have a coach that looks like this:

images

Not this!

how-to-get-fat-picture-id172670808

Reactions: JAFFX2
Well, your coach is the donut boy for sure. Pretty sure he cut his chops with Mangino.
And you’re 4-8 in 2017, presently 0-0 and looking at at least 5 loses in 2018. Go over your schedule a few times. Get ready to put your savior in at QB. I’m sure he can still run faster than half the team that’s on Ventilators in a Lincoln ICU

Your coach is still the donut boy. You insulted much, but never refuted a thing I said.

He may do well for you, but he learned at Mangino's training table

Your coach is still the donut boy. You insulted much, but never refuted a thing I said.

He may do well for you, but he learned at Mangino's training table
So.., how many players are going to end up being admitted to the hospital when spring practice starts? Do they have enough beds in the Lincoln ER? Should they call in additional physicians from Omaha? Should they add a medical tent to the practice facility? Will it be able to withstand snowstorms?

You’re never really able to answer the tough questions

Last edited:
While weight training is important, there are also additional components that are at play here:
1. Rest
2. Nutrition
3. Tailored programs for each position group

I applaud CJH for his weight efforts thus far, but I think the main concern for us fans is not backsliding into an GOL regime of eating as much as you can and lifting tons of weights until failure.

Duvall brought us into the modern S&C era, so I'd rather here more information on the other components as well.

Reactions: Knight Strength
While weight training is important, there are also additional components that are at play here:
1. Rest
2. Nutrition
3. Tailored programs for each position group

I applaud CJH for his weight efforts thus far, but I think the main concern for us fans is not backsliding into an GOL regime of eating as much as you can and lifting tons of weights until failure.

Duvall brought us into the modern S&C era, so I'd rather here more information on the other components as well.

I believe there is clear evidence that # 2 and 3 are being addressed.....

"The current UCF Football Recruiting Lounge, located at the football stadium will be renovated and renamed the Garvy Center for Student-Athlete Nutrition. The space will serve as a nutritional headquarters for all 435 UCF student-athletes."

“.......It’s my belief, because of some of the experiences that I’ve had, that you train your players based on what position they play. An offensive lineman is different than a defensive lineman, a DB is different than a linebacker, a wide receiver is different than a tight end. There’s some things in the weight room that they’re all going to do, some core lifts, core movement, but I think at the end of the day you’re trying to make sure that each kid has the ability to reach his potential." (CJH)

http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-duval-2017-footballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/

“Zach deserves this award,” Frost told FootballScoop. “The transformation of our team in two years that he has engineered is unbelievable. We have also been the healthiest team in the country this year because of how he has trained our players. I can’t imagine that anyone has done a better job.”

Added defensive coordinator Erik Chinander: “Zach is awesome. We were strong and fast this year, thanks to his work. We had zero soft tissue injuries this year.”

Hope this is not being overlooked in terms of importance and finding a top notch replacement............
This is just as important as any coaching or play calling. If the guys are always hurt or not in the best shape can have the best HC in the world and they won't be able to win. Tough to lose Zach, he will be hard to replace.

This is just as important as any coaching or play calling. If the guys are always hurt or not in the best shape can have the best HC in the world and they won't be able to win. Tough to lose Zach, he will be hard to replace.
Agreed. Sports performance staffs #1 job is to not hurt the athletes. Doesn't matter how fast or strong an athlete gets if they are too injured to play.

http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-duval-2017-footballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/

“Zach deserves this award,” Frost told FootballScoop. “The transformation of our team in two years that he has engineered is unbelievable. We have also been the healthiest team in the country this year because of how he has trained our players. I can’t imagine that anyone has done a better job.”

Added defensive coordinator Erik Chinander: “Zach is awesome. We were strong and fast this year, thanks to his work. We had zero soft tissue injuries this year.”

Hope this is not being overlooked in terms of importance and finding a top notch replacement............

Dude - great post. The amount they got these kids focused and believing in NUTRITION, was the secret sauce to the success of this season. Customized nutrition shakes per player? wtf?? Man, that ROCKS!

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
This is my biggest concern about the new coaching staff. Remember the GOL days when we would get a lot of injuries. The same juniors and seniors on this team missed a lot of time in those days.

Great insight. We had a lot of nutrition problems in the rear view mirror. And I thought a lot about Ed Ellis. In reality, he was more of a gym rat than a more well rounded guy that could do it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT