ADVERTISEMENT

The Knighted Ones - Ep.50: Highly Touted & Recruited: Early Offensive Preview/RJ Versus Kevin Smith

Knightbengal

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Welcome to The Knighted One’s Podcast, Episode number 50. FIFTY!!!! We are the ONLY podcast that features a former UCF National Champion, a former UCF radio host, an ESPN Analyst and Hoops Player, a INfamous rapper, Our Resident Influencer, and an IG star, shooting the breeze, talking UCF Sports. Remember to like and follow us Youtube, IG, and check out the 70+ teams and conferences on the College Huddle.

This week we take an early look at the offense and share our projected depths at each position, discuss who might be QB3, where a Hulkly RJ Harvey sits amongst the all-time RB greats, and breakdown some highlights from our first camp scrimmage.

Please comment for subjects that we should cover in our Intern Re-Education segment!

Introductions
Offensive Preview - 00:04:39
QB Who? - 00:05:06
- A Clear QB1
- QB3 Still Up In The Air
- QBs In An NIL World
- Tre Drops In w/ His Two Cents
- The Expectations Are Warranted
RB - 00:23:22
- Weapons All Around The RB Room
- Hulked-Out Harvey
- Trickling Down The Knowledge
- Is Harvey Already One of The Greats?
- Where Does He Rank?
- Roger Gets Blasphemous
- The Legendary Kevin Smith
Wide Receiver U? - 01:10:10
- A 1-2 Punch and Promising Depth
- Allen Isn't Convinced
- Much Better Than Before
- Some Solid Pass-Catching TE's
Offensive Line - 01:37:40
- Strategic Rotations
- Keeping a Stable Center
- Getting Continuity
- The Highly Touted, Tooted & Recruited
- Who's The True WR3?
- Breaking News: A 4-Star WR Recruit Flips To UCF!
- Will/Could Waltclaire Flynn Jr Step Up To Center Plate?
- Already A Top Prospect
Camp Update - 02:03:49
- Gus' New Motto
- 1st Scrimmage Highlights
- Some Standout Players
- Let's Get Physical
- ESPN Big 12 Preview Ranks UCF Low
- Pre-Season Honors
Listener Love - 02:18:47
Allen's Oxymoronic Stats Of The Week - 02:19:06
- Lot of Transfer Knights
Final Thoughts - 02:20:22

Rewriting history. Dude saying KZ was built for Frosts offense and everyone knew it from start. People wanted him replaced after 7 losses and he wanted to leave.

You guys are pronouncing Rizk like it rhymes with Risk. It’s not pronounced like Rizik?
It should be pronounced Risk phonetically according to SI although UCF has not released the media guide with the correct pronunciation this year yet.

Last edited:
Rewriting history. Dude saying KZ was built for Frosts offense and everyone knew it from start. People wanted him replaced after 7 losses and he wanted to leave.
He really was coming out of hs. At the time that he debuted (referencing the MD game) we talked about him a lot on Knightline and he certainly showed the skillsets to thrive. Word coming out of camp (Tre was on the team) was also saying he was special and that he was made for this offense.

There was a lot of expectations going into the Cure bowl and a lot of hate after it. KZ didn’t handle it well and KZ was homesick. He did leave at the time and Frost coaxed him back utilizing his experience at Nebraska as a reference. KZ had to earn his leadership of the locker room back as the team was not happy he left.

All of this goes back to the question about EJ. Thanks for watching and commenting. Would you play EJ over Rizk this year if we played QB3 in a blowout or out of necessity?

He really was coming out of hs. At the time that he debuted (referencing the MD game) we talked about him a lot on Knightline and he certainly showed the skillsets to thrive. Word coming out of camp (Tre was on the team) was also saying he was special and that he was made for this offense.

There was a lot of expectations going into the Cure bowl and a lot of hate after it. KZ didn’t handle it well and KZ was homesick. He did leave at the time and Frost coaxed him back utilizing his experience at Nebraska as a reference. KZ had to earn his leadership of the locker room back as the team was not happy he left.

All of this goes back to the question about EJ. Thanks for watching and commenting. Would you play EJ over Rizk this year if we played QB3 in a blowout or out of necessity?
I’m not in practice. But I doubt they play 3 guys. How often did Gus play 3 guys in same game since he’s been here? JRP played most of every game he started. Then the backup would come in for a couple series max.

Reactions: Knightbengal
I’m not in practice. But I doubt they play 3 guys. How often did Gus play 3 guys in same game since he’s been here? JRP played most of every game he started. Then the backup would come in for a couple series max.
The hope would be that we don’t have to find out, but I thinking 1 and 2 are pretty much set. After scrimmage one Brown seemed to have done well, scrimmage 2 he kind of showed he wasn’t as ready and learning, while Rizk did well in 7 on 7, and EJ was a frosh learning. Considering we haven’t had a qb start and end a season in four or five years I think it warranted a convo. We will give some more detail on the show we record on Monday.

Thanks for watching and interacting. It’s appreciated!

The hope would be that we don’t have to find out, but I thinking 1 and 2 are pretty much set. After scrimmage one Brown seemed to have done well, scrimmage 2 he kind of showed he wasn’t as ready and learning, while Rizk did well in 7 on 7, and EJ was a frosh learning. Considering we haven’t had a qb start and end a season in four or five years I think it warranted a convo. We will give some more detail on the show we record on Monday.

Thanks for watching and interacting. It’s appreciated!
Yeah 3rd is important if 1 or 2 gets hurt I guess. But hope that doesn’t happen. Probably only see backups play in 3 games or so this year barring injury.

Reactions: Knightbengal
Yeah 3rd is important if 1 or 2 gets hurt I guess. But hope that doesn’t happen. Probably only see backups play in 3 games or so this year barring injury.
That is the hope. We will bring in another qb next year and we look good with Duckworth. I am guessing Rizk and Trujillo transfer then. You never know. Cuse played the Cows with a tight end at qb last year.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT