ADVERTISEMENT

The Knights return to CFE Arena on Tuesday night to battle Memphis at 7 p.m. on CBS Sports Network

Having dropped consecutive games, Memphis will be looking to earn its first true road win of the season at UCF, which has gone 7-2 at home this season. The Knights, though, haven’t beaten a team ranked better than 186th at Kenpom.com. Who was that 186th-ranked team? East Carolina, which UCF beat twice this month. The same East Carolina team that just went into FedExForum and stunned Memphis 84-83 on Sunday. ...
http://www.commercialappeal.com/spo...e-University-of-Memphis-vs-UCF-366472131.html

It's going to be interesting tonight. If we just minimize turnovers at least we have a shot (Oh did I mention boxing out and rebounding! :) )

Ughh. Ucf basketball sucks.

What?

Did you even watch the game?

UCF shot 53% last night, a season high by a Memphis opponent...but it took a season high shooting from 3 pt land by Memphis (who came into the game shooting just 29.8% from downtown) as they hit 12-19 from downtown that was the difference in the game.

What Shaq Goodwin makes a 3, his first of the season, while another 3 bounced off the rim 20 ft in the air and went down...sometimes its just one of those nights....as the 3 pt shot is the great equalizer.

That's how Memphis lost to last place ECU on Sunday...as it was ECU that shot a season high 53% from downtown (made 11) while Memphis shot just 23% from downtown..as ECU won by 1 in the closing seconds.

Props to McBride for a gutty performance...as this great kid off the court is giving his all when he is on the court.

Yes, I watched the game. Thanks for asking. I wish they would play some defense. Block someone out. Hustle back on transition defense. And put someone on goodwin who obviously had the hot hand last night. I guess I should say UCF defense basketball sucked as the offense was just ok, but not good enough to win.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
What?

Did you even watch the game?

UCF shot 53% last night, a season high by a Memphis opponent...but it took a season high shooting from 3 pt land by Memphis (who came into the game shooting just 29.8% from downtown) as they hit 12-19 from downtown that was the difference in the game.

What Shaq Goodwin makes a 3, his first of the season, while another 3 bounced off the rim 20 ft in the air and went down...sometimes its just one of those nights....as the 3 pt shot is the great equalizer.

That's how Memphis lost to last place ECU on Sunday...as it was ECU that shot a season high 53% from downtown (made 11) while Memphis shot just 23% from downtown..as ECU won by 1 in the closing seconds.

Props to McBride for a gutty performance...as this great kid off the court is giving his all when he is on the court.
I agree, McBride got fired up and went to town. But Tulsa was "just one of those nights" also.

Chance had a freshman shot and turnover (he's going to be great).He had a layup over Shaq.
KL, You failed to mention 16 turnovers and some terrible shots.

Every time we came back, Memphis hit 3's.

Defense suffered too. Taco and McBride were both too slow to cover Shaq and Memphis' big men.

Once again....rebounding is not good (does Donnie teach it?)

I had mixed emotions last night. I see improvement, but (me and others) see a non-motivated team and coach who's like a stick in the mud with emotion. Some of those calls last night were SO bad by the refs, I thought for sure Donnie would get fired up and give them a piece of his mind!!! Get on the floor Donnie! Take a technical for the team. IMHO :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT