ADVERTISEMENT

The Obviousness of the Truth: Not Helping Matters

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
I still remember 2016, from countless games to the screaming to bench Milton during the 2016 bowl. Then the article that came out during the 2017 run about how Milton almost transferred out and how Frost shared his similar experiences at Nebraska when he was well disliked for leaving the state, only to return.

This should be obvious, but it's sad it's not.

It's not helping matters that we're now giving the players plenty of opportunity to see us as a whinny, disloyal fanbase. I'm even seeing people threatening to withhold their paultry $25/mo NIL funding, and using the fact that players are paid, even if the majority are very poorly, to criticize. Oh yeah, that'll help. Talk about 'piling it on' them!

UCF Football is not a 'product' you buy as a 'consumer' fan. "Oh, 2 losses in 2024... I'm out."

And if you think firing coaches with $12M+ buyouts just 2 years into the P4 will build the program better, then we have far, far more examples of it ensuring it will be worse, than better. UCF is a desired location because of loyalty by the booster, ensuring a coach has time to build his system. And... it ensures our kids know who is going to be at the head of the team too.

Even Prime had lavish praise for Gus as a man, and even the Auburn fans who wanted him fired felt the same... and many (not all, but far more... especially as the current coach is throwing kids under-the-bus) now regret him being fired too. That says a lot to me. To have a coach that, regardless of his play calling or results, everyone has very high praise for the man and how he approaches everything in dealing with parents and their kids.

So even if you want to pony up $12M+ to fire Gus now, this message many are sending here it NOT helpful with the kids, let alone future prospects.

We have 7 games left, and a key recruiting season. Showing up, keeping your commitments going, and supporting the kids is more important than ever!

But I guess I'm an idiot for not complaining, yelling and screaming at these losers, and their 'loser energy,' right? *

Sigh... society makes me wonder sometimes, in how we're so keen to 'tear people down,' instead of 'building them up.'

I guess I wish our fanbase could be a role model when we lose too, instead of before (hope) or when we (actually) win... we'd get a lot more, top recruits if we did. And yes, it's more than just NIL people!

And that also starts with the type of man our coach is too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.