ADVERTISEMENT

The rankings.

TheBullsFan

Four-Star Recruit
Nov 23, 2017
Hey there UCF trolls. IDK if you noticed the disrespect of the AP and Coached polls but you guys should at leat's be ranked 10 spots higher and USF should be ranked too. Instead of trolling USF how about you start making a difference and go after the voters on twitter you keyboard knights!

Reactions: UCFhonors
Hey there UCF trolls. IDK if you noticed the disrespect of the AP and Coached polls but you guys should at leat's be ranked 10 spots higher and USF should be ranked too. Instead of trolling USF how about you start making a difference and go after the voters on twitter you keyboard knights!
USF ranked?? Are you serious? Beat Georgia Tach and then you will at least have an argument there. Should be an interesting game. Good get for a home game.

Hey Heifer, Tell your sellout crowd not to wear red to your home games. It looks like they are disguised as empty seats!!!

Maybe instead of trolling us, you should try to drum up ticket sales for your team.

Reactions: Mikesi
We won 14 in a row and are at 19 so you think the college football elitist will rank USF after one game vs a high school team?

USF is getting votes in AP and coaches so if they keep winning they should end up in the polls in a handful of weeks. We want them ranked just like last year. Considering our current status we want every team we beat to be having killer years with key wins over P5 programs. I am rooting for the bulls hands down this weekend over GT.

Last edited:
The Bulls very nearly beat us last year. Yes, they should also be ranked. So should Memphis and Houston IMHO. Just ain’t gonna happen until these teams each win 6 or 8 eight games straight.

Reactions: Knight Strength
The Bulls very nearly beat us last year. Yes, they should also be ranked. So should Memphis and Houston IMHO. Just ain’t gonna happen until these teams each win 6 or 8 eight games straight.

Bulls barely finished in the Top 25 last year. No way they were going to start near the top 25 this year. Same for Memphis. Houston has a lot of potential, but needs to live up to that potential. Houston has a great shot to make a big move with two P5 opponents the next two weeks, while UCF has the Ga Tech opportunity. If they keep winning I think we could see both in the Top 25 by the first week of October.

I agree with this message. usf, and Memphis should be ranked. UCF should be in the Top 5, at least.

Too early to know about usf yet this year due to them playing an ooc fcs opponent in the first week.

IMO, pre-season rankings are stupid... they skew the sos, making it easier for those at the top (or with opponents at the top) to stay near the top or move up even if they don't deserve it, and make it harder for those further down to climb up. Shouldn't have rankings until week 3 or so, IMO. The pre-season rankings, which often seems to be based on what a school accomplished many years ago (with a totally different team!) help create early season rankings that are bogus due to someone having played a ridiculously overrated team like Miami.

That said, I feel that last year's usf team should have been ranked higher towards the end of the season than they were, but they were an opponent of UCF (that thorn in the side of the "P5 Invitational" scenario). Gotta keep that pesky G5 team's sos from going up too much, ya know.

Remember, you're not paranoid if they REALLY ARE out to get you.

Too early to know about usf yet this year due to them playing an ooc fcs opponent in the first week.

IMO, pre-season rankings are stupid... they skew the sos, making it easier for those at the top (or with opponents at the top) to stay near the top or move up even if they don't deserve it, and make it harder for those further down to climb up. Shouldn't have rankings until week 3 or so, IMO. The pre-season rankings, which often seems to be based on what a school accomplished many years ago (with a totally different team!) help create early season rankings that are bogus due to someone having played a ridiculously overrated team like Miami.

That said, I feel that last year's usf team should have been ranked higher towards the end of the season than they were, but they were an opponent of UCF (that thorn in the side of the "P5 Invitational" scenario). Gotta keep that pesky G5 team's sos from going up too much, ya know.

Oh gosh. I swear 99% of people who cite SOS don't understand SOS at all. Rankings do not affect SOS at all.

SOS is a BS stat.

Reactions: clmssun
Would help the perception of our schedule if USF is successful this year, but I'll also get a good laugh if they get blown off the Bucs field on Saturday.

The Bulls very nearly beat us last year. Yes, they should also be ranked. So should Memphis
Both lost great QBs and major WRs and/or RBs. USF in 2018 minus Flowers is not the USF of 2017

Last edited:

Believe colley is the only ranking where all teams start on even footing.

Believe colley is the only ranking where all teams start on even footing.
...but still, by the end of the year, the only data included in any computer ranking is that season's data, as far as I know. (And obviously it *should* be that way with the human pollsters.,)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT