ADVERTISEMENT

The schedule is in!

firm_bizzle

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
The AAC was very friendly to us. No cold weather games. All games in the state of Florida after October 20th.

2018 UCF FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Thu., Aug. 30 -- at UConn*
Sat., Sept. 8 -- South Carolina State
Sat., Sept. 15 -- at North Carolina
Fri., Sept. 21 -- Florida Atlantic
Sat., Sept. 29 – Pittsburgh (Family Weekend)
Sat., Oct. 6 -- SMU*
Sat., Oct. 13 -- at Memphis*
Sat., Oct. 20 -- at ECU*
Thu., Nov. 1 -- Temple* [ESPN]
Sat., Nov. 10 -- Navy* (Homecoming)
Sat., Nov. 17 -- Cincinnati*
Fri., Nov. 23 at USF* (War On I-4)
Sat., Dec. 1 --Houston (Athletic Conference Game)
Sat., Dec 29 -- Georgia (Orange Bowl)
Mon., Jan 7 -- Alabama (Bay Area, MNC)

Last edited:
ive Seen conflicting info about the FAU game being on Saturday. I believe FAUs schedule lists it as Saturday the 22nd.

My prediction: 9-3. Yeah, yeah. I'd love 12-0 too. However, they way the games are structured, I think we got a damn good chance to at the very least play in the conference title game and get a return trip to the Peach Bowl.

10-3 with the AAC might be good enough for the G5 access bowl.

Thu., Aug. 30 -- at UConn* WIN
Sat., Sept. 8 -- South Carolina State WIN
Sat., Sept. 15 -- at North Carolina LOSS
Fri., Sept. 21 -- Florida Atlantic WIN
Sat., Sept. 29 – Pittsburgh (Family Weekend) WIN
Sat., Oct. 6 -- SMU* WIN
Sat., Oct. 13 -- at Memphis* LOSS
Sat., Oct. 20 -- at ECU* WIN
Thu., Nov. 1 -- Temple* [ESPN] WIN
Sat., Nov. 10 -- Navy* (Homecoming) WIN
Sat., Nov. 17 -- Cincinnati* WIN
Fri., Nov. 23 at USF* (War On I-4) LOSS

My prediction: 9-3. Yeah, yeah. I'd love 12-0 too. However, they way the games are structured, I think we got a damn good chance to at the very least play in the conference title game and get a return trip to the Peach Bowl.

Sat., Oct. 6 -- SMU* WIN

With all that usf lost in the off season you think we wont beat them?!

Sat., Oct. 6 -- SMU* WIN
Memphis and USF have new QBs. Plus if we have more than 1 loss we aren't getting a good bowl. 2 Losses in AAC and we don't win our side.

If this team continues to improve and it should we would expect 0, 1 or 2 losses max.
(# loses depends on leadership on this new group / a lot of carry over)

I liked the way Heupel spoke of transitioning in the OS interview :)

What we need for a big season: 1) Improved OL play (running game); 2) Good pressure on the opposing QB (don't care about formation 3-4 / 4-3) and 3) another CB to step up and play like Hughes did last year.

With no major injuries, expect everything else to continue to do well.

:)

Sat., Oct. 6 -- SMU* WIN

North Carolina was a three win team last year. I'd be more nervous of Pittsburgh who should have some confidence after beating Miami to close out the season.
then again Syracuse beat Clemson last year too...didnt do much.
Memphis will have a new QB. Temple could be improved. South Florida is implementing some new offensive players too.

FAU will pose big issues depending on who returns.

Reactions: Mikesi

Sat., Oct. 6 -- SMU* WIN

In case you have not heard... We don't lose to Memphis...11 in a row. Look for 12

FAU's QB quit also

While this is true, he quit because he was going to get beat out. Former highly touted 4* FSU recruit DeAndre Johnson is there (he got kicked out of FSU for punching a girl at a bar) after playing at D2. 4* Oklahoma transfer Chris Robison is there too. Driskel saw the writing on the wall. They also have that RB that ran for almost 2k yards last year. FAU might be our toughest game.

With all that usf lost in the off season you think we wont beat them?!
the roster outlook seems to never really matter, USF always plays UCF at an insane energy level which I wish our guys would match. The closest thing to domination from UCF against them was 16-0 and that was still 1 freak play away from being a 1 possession game. There haven't been any relaxing 4th quarters against them. It would be nice to have a game against them where UCF is up 21 with less than 5 minutes left

While this is true, he quit because he was going to get beat out. Former highly touted 4* FSU recruit DeAndre Johnson is there (he got kicked out of FSU for punching a girl at a bar) after playing at D2. 4* Oklahoma transfer Chris Robison is there too. Driskel saw the writing on the wall. They also have that RB that ran for almost 2k yards last year. FAU might be our toughest game.
good point. THX

Memphis & Usf lost their QB's. As long as you can stop Memphis run I think thats an easy game. I think this year will be UCF's largest MOV over USF.

Our three hardest games will be fau, smu & temple. You heard it here first.

DJ did not go D2. He went to Last Chance U, on Netflix, a CC in Mississippi and was at FAU last year. He had medical problems and probably a non factor this upcoming year.

Since we are playing them in West Florida, I suggest a Pirate themed uniform and since we will bring more fans than they will, it will feel like a home game with a late Halloween feel.

I think our hardest games are UNC (flashed talent last year), Navy , Houston (If we play in championship) and possible FAU (they have a Jekyll and Hyde thing in big games). That said barring injury (especially if MM) we should have 1-2 losses max.

Memphis & Usf lost their QB's. As long as you can stop Memphis run I think thats an easy game. I think this year will be UCF's largest MOV over USF.

Our three hardest games will be fau, smu & temple. You heard it here first.

I think Cindy may give us some problems. Fickle has been recruiting well thereand they’ve always had talent. I expect them to be much improved this year.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT