ADVERTISEMENT

The Scott Frost UCF Rebuild

Auggie25

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
The rebuild of UCF football looks even more difficult after watching the AAC's Bowl season.

The AAC is currently 0 - 4 in bowl games.
The AAC has dropped bowl games to C-USA (2x), the Mountain West and the MAC.

UCF was 0 - 4 to the 4 AAC teams that lost their bowl games and the average margin of defeat was 32 points

[sick]

Reactions: UCFhonors
What happens in bowl season doesn't necessarily correlate to the regular season. Correlation does not imply causation. Just like what happens in game 1-10 in an NFL season doesn't correlate to what teams do the rest of the season and into the playoffs. This was said on here ad nauseam in 2006 and 2008 as well, and we bounced right back.

UCF needs to solely worry about UCF, which is way more than enough right now.

Frost is bringing a whole different animal to town. Let everyone else worry about us soon enough.

I don't think many people realize how bad a D Coordinator Bresnahan was...even with an offense that devalues TOP I doubt the UCF defense will ever be that bad. They were giving up 3rd and 20s routinely. Then you add an offensive coordinator that has never called plays in his life being replaced by Frost

I don't think many people realize how bad a D Coordinator Bresnahan was...even with an offense that devalues TOP I doubt the UCF defense will ever be that bad. They were giving up 3rd and 20s routinely. Then you add an offensive coordinator that has never called plays in his life being replaced by Frost

A weaker eastern AAC helps us come back faster and we will be fast.

Both great points. I want the AAC to be great. This bowl season is painful.

Good coaches will turn things around here quickly with young experienced players who are 2 of the best recruiting classes for UCF.

This year was the slowest I've ever seen our defense play.
They did play slow. Sometimes it looked like guys were jogging in pursuit. I attribute a lot of that to being young and thinking. If a defensive player is thinking instead of reacting, it makes them play slow. By the end of the year I would have hoped that wouldn't have been the case, but they looked like they were still thinking. They needed to simplify the defense and just let the guys play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT