ADVERTISEMENT

Will UCF be ranked in the top 25 in 2023?

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Looking at the schedule UCF has a chance early in the season to be in the Top 25. If they win their first 5 games, they will be in the Top 25 but what happens after that will be impacted by the difficult schedule they have.

Many preseason predictions have UCF winning their first 3 non-conference games. Some preseason predictions have them beating Baylor at home (UCF 5th game) who is currently picked by ESPN to be in the Top 25 in 2023. However, the 4th game at Kansas State is their greatest early season challenge with many who say the away game will be too tough a test even though this Big 12 champion of last season isn't the same team and the score would be close.

After this they play Oklahoma away probably too much but I could tell them the easy way to beat sock boy (just have a really good rush on the offensive left side where he likes to throw with his left-handed passes. Seen him sitting on his behind in big games with a good rush while playing for us. The season remains difficult with a more realistic .500 record throughout these last 7 games.

8 or 9 wins would be a great start for UCF and so would being in the Top 25 at some point during the season as UCF enters the Big 12.

Reactions: dksdr1
Would it surprise anyone if we were ranked after a 3-0 start? We are going to get that P5 boost we've always bitched about other teams getting ranked ahead of us. Also, going into that K-State game if we are both undefeated espn/fox (I'm unsure who has rights to it) would want it to be a ranked vs ranked match up.

Would it surprise anyone if we were ranked after a 3-0 start? We are going to get that P5 boost we've always bitched about other teams getting ranked ahead of us. Also, going into that K-State game if we are both undefeated espn/fox (I'm unsure who has rights to it) would want it to be a ranked vs ranked match up.
Boise State @ Boise will be tough! We are going to have to get mean out there!

However, the 4th game at Kansas State is their greatest early season challenge with many who say the away game will be too tough a test even though this Big 12 champion of last season isn't the same team and the score would be close.
no team is the same as the previous year. the question is how do they change for better or worse? ucf gets no break opening league play in manhattan against what most feel will be a repeat conference contender led by qb will howard, the best interior o'lineman in league, perhaps country, cooper beebe, and a solid defense.

we look forward to hosting your knights introduction to b12 football. most everyone i read and listen to believes ucf will be the best of newcomers and finish somewhere in the middle of the conference. gus has been to manhattan previously. he's a fine coach.

Heard one guy on internet saying if our home and away schedule were swapped we would have a final better record and perhaps Top 25. Looking forward to the season...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT