ADVERTISEMENT

The sleeping giant

WhiteandSlatonWVU

Four-Star Recruit
Apr 27, 2007
Has it officially arived? We heard that saying for maybe 20 years. When we were 0-12 that was a low moment. Big east past on us and that was kick to the gut. We thought winning the fiesta would spring board us but we feel too 0-12 again and hope looked lost. Than frost arrived and we loved it. Uniforms finally changed and we got excited. Wins and a Bowl game was reached and we saw hope. Than we amazingly went 12-0 and beat Auburn. With a coaching changed we are still undefeated will the center of CFB at UCF this weekend. The sleeping giant in my mind has arrived.

I don't see any 0-12 seasons in the near future. I think we are 10+ win team every year for the foreseeable future. Woke Giant? Not sure about that yet. I think in order for that to happen, we have to get into a P5 conference. Otherwise, the stigma of "not playing anybody" will always be there. Get into the ACC Coastal and start dominating it like Clemson does the Atlantic, and we can say the Giant is awake. As unfair as it is, it's hard to call yourself a giant when people still don't even think you can compete in a so called Power 5 conference.

Sleeping giant awoke in 2004. We appear to still be on an upward trajectory now, and going forward.

I don't see any 0-12 seasons in the near future. I think we are 10+ win team every year for the foreseeable future. Woke Giant? Not sure about that yet. I think in order for that to happen, we have to get into a P5 conference. Otherwise, the stigma of "not playing anybody" will always be there. Get into the ACC Coastal and start dominating it like Clemson does the Atlantic, and we can say the Giant is awake. As unfair as it is, it's hard to call yourself a giant when people still don't even think you can compete in a so called Power 5 conference.
Miami and FSU will ensure we are never members of the ACC.

Reactions: Knight Strength
You’d be surprised what QB play can do. Even in Miltons first year we only won 6. Why would you say we win 10 every year after him?

I think the only missing piece is getting into a P5 conference.

I hate to consider it, but let's say we start dropping off next season and just become mediocre for a few years. It'll be hard to climb back out of that.

Like The U, UF, FSU? Programs will have ups and downs. That is part of the deal. If we fall, we can climb back. Hell last time we fell we were back within 2 years.

You’d be surprised what QB play can do. Even in Miltons first year we only won 6. Why would you say we win 10 every year after him?

Because now we have a modern identity, incredible facilities, amazing campus, the best AD in the country and national notoriety. We are are going to continue to get players that the rest of the AAC is not going to be able to compete with. We have P5 facilities with access to the best talent in the country and playing against teams that are going to be outmatched. And an AD that knows how to utilize every strength we have.

QB play? Milton isn't the first great QB at UCF. We had Duante and Bortles before him. We'll get as good or better ones after him.

Because now we have a modern identity, incredible facilities, amazing campus, the best AD in the country and national notoriety. We are are going to continue to get players that the rest of the AAC is not going to be able to compete with. We have P5 facilities with access to the best talent in the country and playing against teams that are going to be outmatched. And an AD that knows how to utilize every strength we have.

QB play? Milton isn't the first great QB at UCF. We had Duante and Bortles before him. We'll get as good or better ones after him.
At this time, other teams in the AAC are recruiting just as well as us. Anybody remember that 4* DL that never enrolled at Auburn? The one who was from FL... he's at Memphis. They have great identity too.

The only thing we have that nobody else can compete with is DW. When Norvell and Heup leave our programs, DW will be able to bring in a better replacement than Memphis will.

Give DW another raise!

Not yet. Need to solidify the fanbase in Orlando. UCF football should be the #1 sporting event in Orlando (unless the Magic are in the Finals).

Reactions: AAC6800
Agreed that we are in a much better place than we ever have been in terms of branding and facilities...but Milton is definitely a special talent.

While I’m sure There will be other good ones, it’s not a given to have one every year. Let’s not take him for granted.

Agreed that we are in a much better place than we ever have been in terms of branding and facilities...but Milton is definitely a special talent.

While I’m sure There will be other good ones, it’s not a given to have one every year. Let’s not take him for granted.

I don't think you need a Milton every year for UCF to win 10 games though. Not if you keep filling the clown car up at WR, RB and TE.

I think the Fiesta Bowl was the awakening. Dominating win, top 3 in the draft, we were for the first time a part of the scene and not as a crazy upset.

Now the giant is moving and shaking things.

I don't think we'll have arrived until we win a consensus national championship. When the giant imposes its will on college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT