ADVERTISEMENT

The Students

UCF students just don't care..lets accept it an move on. Been this way for most of UCF's history.

One thing to leave w say 5 minutes left up 3 TDs but one side never filled in and many more left way too early

it was a bad look and we had 100 Recruits visiting
They should give out wristbands with the tickets and scan them after the game. If you stay through end of game you get priority student passes yhe next game and avoid the lottery

Poolside...this is spot on. Please send this to TM, or at least to his team. I agree, this was a bad look considering the recruits we had visiting.

Come on. Was still a blow in the 3rd quarter. Beer stops getting sold in the 4th. They are ready to go out. Close game, they stay. It’s this way at every school

Honestly pool, we have much much bigger problems than our students. I agree but maybe we really are a wanna be p5 and after like 5 more years maybe today does happen and we have real players and coaches. Just unimaginable what I witnessed today. 😪 but ya know, Florida lost to Georgia southern at home, although not in the disgusting manner in today's record set.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The get ready for the Bars excuse doesn’t work for a 3:30pm kick . Bc if they weren’t there for a game watch party they are not showing up to Library or Bounce House Social before 10pm.

And it is not EDC Orlando weekend

We’ll never be like a Midwest school but the issue is they didn’t even fill the student sections up 100% at any point during the game and the ones that did come bailed way too early

Reactions: Yaes
Come on. Was still a blow in the 3rd quarter. Beer stops getting sold in the 4th. They are ready to go out. Close game, they stay. It’s this way at every school
No it's not...I've watched many SEC and ACC games this year, and it's not the same at every school. Not blaming the fans, but the fans, or lack there of in the 4th qtr do give a negative optic on TV.

After every game regardless of a blowout or not, the players want to celebrate with the students and fans.

Football games seem more like students want to make an appearance, say they were there and move on.

If the team loses the next two, WVU is going to be the louder fanbase in the first half.

Reactions: Knight59
The get ready for the Bars excuse doesn’t work for a 3:30pm kick . Bc if they weren’t there for a game watch party they are not showing up to Library or Bounce House Social before 10pm.

And it is not EDC Orlando weekend

We’ll never be like a Midwest school but the issue is they didn’t even fill the student sections up 100% at any point during the game and the ones that did come bailed way too early
Its time to cut the student section in half and sell those ither tix to people who care about the team

No it's not...I've watched many SEC and ACC games this year, and it's not the same at every school. Not blaming the fans, but the fans, or lack there of in the 4th qtr do give a negative optic on TV.
Were the games you watched close? Close gave the students stay. When they left tonight, it wasn’t close.

I bet most of them spent a lot of money to fly to the game. Doubt they're gonna be leaving earlier no matter what the score.
I work with two Baylor grads who attended the game. Not all flew in. Central Florida has a large diverse group of people which is why UCF was an attractive member for the Big 12.

After every game regardless of a blowout or not, the players want to celebrate with the students and fans.

Football games seem more like students want to make an appearance, say they were there and move on.

If the team loses the next two, WVU is going to be the louder fanbase in the first half.
You forgot their Instagram pic taken and then they are out.

It's not just the students. I know alumni that leave regularly at half time. I go for the game first, tailgate second. So, I think as a whole our fans have some maturing to do in order to be a true Power 5 fanbase. For some people, priorities are backwards.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I hate this topic its so stupid. Every program across America has this issue. They were up 35-7 its on the players to close that out not on the fans. That game was over. It's on coaching to win that. Close game yes, I get it, but 35-7 that game was over. The biggest comeback in Baylor history and its because of UCF students. Darin Hinshaw put his RB at the QB position 3rd and 5 not the students or alumni.

Reactions: Wings0fred
I hate this topic its so stupid. Every program across America has this issue. They were up 35-7 its on the players to close that out not on the fans. That game was over. It's on coaching to win that. Close game yes, I get it, but 35-7 that game was over. The biggest comeback in Baylor history and its because of UCF students. Darin Hinshaw put his RB at the QB position 3rd and 5 not the students or alumni.
Agreed. Those 365 guys said "35-7 is not a safe lead in the big 12". Ok well its the largest comeback in Baylor history, so from 1898 until this week, it was a "safe lead". At home.

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
Students leaving didn't cause them to lose. It did get noticed by players, it did get noticed by recruits. It does indicate that likely when this team is just battling to get into a bowl game the stands will have empty seats for all four quarters. That will impact how the team move forwards on the season and future seasons.

i was astonished at the empty stands. ucf fans will have to grow into the experience, i guess. but then again, i watched a ucf podcast last night and there was some ucf bubba with his hat backwards sporting a ku logo. at that point, i said to myself: well, that explains a lot - a school without an identity.

i was astonished at the empty stands. ucf fans will have to grow into the experience, i guess. but then again i watched a ucf podcast last night and there was some ucf bubba with his hat backwards sporting a ku logo. at that point, i said to myself: well, that explains a lot - a school without an identity.
Its like this at all sporting events. Heck college football is now running the clock on third down to keep interest, MLB had to force a pitch clock. Not everyone is a die hard super fan that will stay to the bitter end some are just wanting to do something on a saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT