ADVERTISEMENT

The Tuohy's !!!

The Nation of UCF

Bronze Knight
Aug 31, 2001
.... I thought Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw were Michael Oher's "sponsors / guardians/ conservators , etc "..... What the Hell !!!!!

The Blind Side (2009)

Last edited:
Reactions: ProAttitude
I recall feeling a little queasy about the movie when it came out because it was supposedly a true story and the screenplay depicted Oher as mentally slow. Oher was playing in the NFL by then and refused (understandably) to do any interviews at the time. So movie audiences were left to assume he was. Something about the whole thing struck me as….odd.

Fast forward to Oher’s lawsuit and I got my first impression of him from an interview he had about it. I was like “Holy Cow, Michael is thoughtful and articulate! What a frickin’ hatchet job the movie did on him!”

I also found it ‘interesting’ that the Toueys’ first public response was to the lawsuit was to accuse Oher of a “shakedown.” A weird response from such “loving parents,” don’t you think?

I recall feeling a little queasy about the movie when it came out because it was supposedly a true story and the screenplay depicted Oher as mentally slow. Oher was playing in the NFL by then and refused (understandably) to do any interviews at the time. So movie audiences were left to assume he was. Something about the whole thing struck me as….odd.

Fast forward to Oher’s lawsuit and I got my first impression of him from an interview he had about it. I was like “Holy Cow, Michael is thoughtful and articulate! What a frickin’ hatchet job the movie did on him!”

I also found it ‘interesting’ that the Toueys’ first public response was to the lawsuit was to accuse Oher of a “shakedown.” A weird response from such “loving parents,” don’t you think?
It seems they’ve had a falling out for year. He told them all in a group chat he was going public well before it happened. In his memoir years ago he wrote that he signed paperwork with Tuohys and was not adoption papers. Not sure why he’s pretending he just found out.

I don't know what happened. I know that family stepped up and helped a young man out when few would. I didn't think Big Mike was stupid from the movie . He was quiet articulate towards the end of the movie . I took away the guy was a shadow in society that too many people ignored except for Lee Ann . I took away he just didn't seem to fit in anywhere not with his crackhead mom or the Touhy's .

The Touhys at one time appeared to own every Taco Be in the state of TN. 😆. They didn't need a penny from Orher . I don't know why this is coming up now or the particulars of the lawsuit. I will wait to the end of this to see what "truths" emerge . The movie is a script written based on a true story . Knowing that I realize there is some embellishments. I suspect Michael Ohers lawsuit has some embellishments as well.

we need to create another Tuohy thread
We don't have a thread about SJs sister yet . so there is room on Touhy boat for some more spin off threads . It could be like Yellowstone. We need a thread about the Touhy's before they met Orher , a prequel if you will. I am down with a Touhy goes to PepsiCo thread exploring his fascination with Taco Bell and how he became a multimillionaire hawking nacho bell grandes . 😆 The spinoffs are endless .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT