ADVERTISEMENT

The two ref calls.

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
I was buzzed on beer during the game but my eyes weren't that blurry to see the refs erroneously call back the TD in the endzone and then the 2nd toe tapper in the 2nd half.

Both toe tappers that looked to stay inbounds. Did I miss something? Even the announcers were saying they were catches.

I may have to go watch on DVR again. Or, maybe not.

The refs seemed to be leaning on TTU side, but I admit that I'm biased. Just seems fishy.

I've moved on with the loss, just want to hear other's opinions on those two overturning calls. The first one looks like it would have been legal in the NFL with both toes in with no heel. The 2nd one, the refs called it a catch, but then the ref said it was called an incomplete. During review it looked like it was a catch then they called it incomplete. Wtf did I miss on that?!?

I was buzzed on beer during the game but my eyes weren't that blurry to see the refs erroneously call back the TD in the endzone and then the 2nd toe tapper in the 2nd half.

Both toe tappers that looked to stay inbounds. Did I miss something? Even the announcers were saying they were catches.

The refs seemed to be leaning on TTU side, but I admit that I'm biased. Just seems fishy.

I've moved on with the loss, just want to hear other's opinions on those two overturning calls. The first one looks like it would have been legal in the NFL with both toes in with no heel. The 2nd one, the refs called it a catch, but then the ref said it was called an incomplete. During review it looked like it was a catch then they called it incomplete. Wtf did I miss on that?!?
The rule on that is even though toes touch first, if your follow through has heels touch ground, that’s one continuous motion and considered out of bounds. It’s a dumb rule.

The toe tap out of bounds ruled incomplete was ridiculous. That was a clear catch with a foot down.

The toe tap in the back of the endzone to me during reply could not tell the heels hit, looks as though they didn’t. They could have, but you couldn’t positively say they did. It was called a TD, so how could they overrule something you couldn’t see definitively?

I remember George O'leary would say in his radio shows that he put some of the suspect calls into the league office to examine. I wonder if they still can do that.

At least give the refs a bad trip advisor review or something.

I remember George O'leary would say in his radio shows that he put some of the suspect calls into the league office to examine. I wonder if they still can do that.

At least give the refs a bad trip advisor review or something.

I didn’t get the sideline call. I thought it was initially ruled a catch, but the announcers kept saying ruled incomplete. If it was initially called a catch I don’t see how it was overturned.

Reactions: Robert0122
I didn’t get the sideline call. I thought it was initially ruled a catch, but the announcers kept saying ruled incomplete. If it was initially called a catch I don’t see how it was overturned.
One ref called it a catch and spot it, when camera went off that ref , another came over and said no catch. Then it went to review.

Marc Daniels said something funny on last night's basketball radio call. He was getting frustrated from the supposedly mystery bad calls in the basketball game against UCF. He said something like, "I thought we left the bad ref calls in Lubbock yesterday."

Reactions: Nautiknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT