ADVERTISEMENT

THE UCF KNIGHTS ARE IN A GOOD PLACE

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
3-0 start puts us exactly where we want to be
Saturday morning, like most college football lovers, I flipped on ESPN’s College Gameday broadcast to watch the storylines. This past week, Kirk and crew were in Boulder, Colorado riding the wave of excitement that’s recently stirred up with “Prime” Deion Sanders and the (soon to the Big 12) Buffaloes.

Click here to read more.

Reactions: Yaes
Agreed as our primary goal should be extending our bowl game streak. Anything above 6-6 is gravy.

Good article. Yup, UCF not getting any mentions and definitely flying under the radar. The Florida 'Big 3' are all in the top 25 and lil' ole UCF is no where to be found. Even duh*bulls got more coverage with their moral victory over Bama.

But, here we sit at 3-0 and entering our biggest game of the season and our first conference game against last year's conference winner. I'd like to point out that Tulane went into Manhattan and came out a winner of K-State when they were arguably a better team last year. I'm optimistic we can repeat that. ---> gotta play mistake free football. Plus, I've found my lucky UCF visor behind the washer/dryer and so far that is 3-0. I'll be wearing it this Saturday.

Neon Deion PRIMETIME has definitely sucked up the eyeballs, including me. I found myself watching in amazement the past 3 wins including watching pre and post game interviews and such. They have been very entertaining and rightfully so. But, methinks their 15 minutes of fame is over:

Does the Colorado Buffalos 15 minutes of Fame end soon?

Sat Sep 23 @ #10 Oregon
Sat Sep 30 #5 USC
Sat Oct 7 @ Arizona State
Fri Oct 13 Stanford
Sat Oct 28 @ #22 UCLA
Sat Nov 4 #14 Oregon State
Sat Nov 11 Arizona
Fri Nov 17 #21 Washington State
Sat Nov 25 @ #11 Utah

Go Knights! Beat K-State!!!

Reactions: tjb74
Good article. Yup, UCF not getting any mentions and definitely flying under the radar. The Florida 'Big 3' are all in the top 25 and lil' ole UCF is no where to be found. Even duh*bulls got more coverage with their moral victory over Bama.

But, here we sit at 3-0 and entering our biggest game of the season and our first conference game against last year's conference winner. I'd like to point out that Tulane went into Manhattan and came out a winner of K-State when they were arguably a better team last year. I'm optimistic we can repeat that. ---> gotta play mistake free football. Plus, I've found my lucky UCF visor behind the washer/dryer and so far that is 3-0. I'll be wearing it this Saturday.

Neon Deion PRIMETIME has definitely sucked up the eyeballs, including me. I found myself watching in amazement the past 3 wins including watching pre and post game interviews and such. They have been very entertaining and rightfully so. But, methinks their 15 minutes of fame is over:

Sat Sep 23 @ #10 Oregon
Sat Sep 30 #5 USC
Fri Oct 13 Stanford
Sat Oct 28 @ #22 UCLA
Sat Nov 11 Arizona
Sat Nov 25 @ #11 Utah

Good post. It's a bit strange now that UCF has to wear Big Boy pants in the Big XII how the media ignores as the Big 4 . Time and winning are the things that will change this narrative .

Second , Prime is prime . He is a disrupter of sorts. Prime is to college football coaching as Trump is to politics , love or hate these guys the media can't get enough of them. I hate to break it to you,but as long Deion is Colorados coach they will be getting hours of fame ,not minutes.

Winning will cure UCFs current level of obscurity. Win Saturday and people will take notice. Win next week and more people will take notice .

Reactions: Central Floridave
Right now UCF's only non cupcake win is against Boise State, a team that got embarrassed on national tv the week before. Then the UCF game was a low scoring messy game with mistakes, injuries. 2017 team rose the rankings because they were winning and with style points. 1 Td and 4 fg is the opposite.

They can get ranked just winning, but they will get notice by making statements and not against FCS teams or teams that are on Temple/UConn level. They do that most years even when the team ends up with 4-5 losses.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Kansas state is currently 50 in total defense with passing defense being their biggest problem. With the caliber of offenses they have played, I would say UCF has a good shot to put up numbers against them. If TM gets in a rhythm early and gets the ball in the hands of our playmakers it should be fun to watch.

Good post. It's a bit strange now that UCF has to wear Big Boy pants in the Big XII how the media ignores as the Big 4 . Time and winning are the things that will change this narrative .

Second , Prime is prime . He is a disrupter of sorts. Prime is to college football coaching as Trump is to politics , love or hate these guys the media can't get enough of them. I hate to break it to you,but as long Deion is Colorados coach they will be getting hours of fame ,not minutes.

Winning will cure UCFs current level of obscurity. Win Saturday and people will take notice. Win next week and more people will take notice .
Big measuring stick for UCF this week. We'll know a lot more about this team on Sunday but, right now, it's time to put on the big boy pants and show the conference that we're capable of beating anyone in any place at any time.

Reactions: KnightLife1
"It appears we have a serviceable replacement for JRP, while he continues to heal from his leg injury. We’ll need Timmy ready to go as we travel to the “Little Apple,” next to play Kansas State."

"Serviceable" ain't going to get it done against Kansas State. Gus needs to hand Q the keys. It is the only way for the Knights to win, barring Kansas State beating itself. If UCF continuously tries to run its base offense and establish the run, it is going to be a long night.

McClain gets no respect. He has played in big games. He gave South Florida a chance to win every game, save Cincinnati, which played in the CFP, and Tulane, which I can't explain.

UCF won't win this game by protecting Timmy McClain, having him hit check downs, finding the outlets, throwing hitches, etc. The Knights have to attack K-State's secondary with both intermediate and deep routes.

Although it is not his MO, Gus has to trust the kid to make good decisions with the football. (For example, Gus subbed in a running back for Cam Newton to run the Wildcat during the first two or three games of the 2010 season.)

If Gus puts the ball in Timmy's hands, everyone will know who Q is by Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightLife1

Sat Sep 23 @ #10 Oregon
Sat Sep 30 #5 USC
Fri Oct 13 Stanford
Sat Oct 28 @ #22 UCLA
Sat Nov 11 Arizona
Sat Nov 25 @ #11 Utah

Yes, I bet reality sets in soon for Colorado.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT