ADVERTISEMENT

The writing is on the wall...

Only one G5 conference winner makes the NY6. They are setting us up to get jumped though. It shouldn't be this close. After 21 victories, including a Peach Bowl, we should be able to lose a game (while winning our conference) and still play in the NY6 bowl. Fresno and Utah don't have that kind of resume.

I'm not buying it. Fresno would have to jump a lot of 2-3 loss P5 schools to do this, and they have a loss to Minnesota. If they were undefeated I could see it happening but it doesn't fit the CFI committee's narrative, nor how G5 schools have been treated in the polls so far for 5 years. I doubt that happens because it makes what they are doing to us look bad as well. My guess is a 3-loss G5 team would jump Fresno with even a so-so win against a very average other P5 program. Utah State isn't even ranked at this point. Houston blew its chance last week. I think a 1-loss Houston with their only loss to Texas Tech might have warranted some wiggle room but that is off the table.

We're on our own. It is up to us to carry the mantle for ourselves.

NY6 is only required to take one G5 team. They will not put two G5 teams in, no matter how highly ranked they get.

The other G5 team will not bring ratings or fill a stadium.

I think they might though. They did when TCU was still G5. I remember being so pissed that they put Boise vs TCU. The stage is already set for the P5 and G5 to split D-I since there is nothing a G5 can do to make the playoffs.

Where is Chad Barr? We need a lawyer to settle this in court!

I'm not buying it. Fresno would have to jump a lot of 2-3 loss P5 schools to do this, and they have a loss to Minnesota. If they were undefeated I could see it happening but it doesn't fit the CFI committee's narrative, nor how G5 schools have been treated in the polls so far for 5 years. I doubt that happens because it makes what they are doing to us look bad as well. My guess is a 3-loss G5 team would jump Fresno with even a so-so win against a very average other P5 program. Utah State isn't even ranked at this point. Houston blew its chance last week. I think a 1-loss Houston with their only loss to Texas Tech might have warranted some wiggle room but that is off the table.

We're on our own. It is up to us to carry the mantle for ourselves.
Totally agree. It’s all up to us. However good Fresno is, the fact is that they lost to a bad Minnesota team and we destroyed a decent to good Pittsburgh team. That killed Fresno.

Utah State actually should be ranked higher. They barely lost to a good Michigan State team.

Fortunately they both play Boise and maybe even each other in a CCG

JWB!

The only problem with the G5 vG5 theory is, they don't really respect us, so they'll want a P5 to crush us. Didn't work last year, but they're banking on UCF not winning it this year. As for TCU v Boise- they both had more respect, so it was a "destroy at least 1 of them" kind of thing. Now, they get rid of a temporary good Fresno, or Utah St by giving them a who cares bowl, and hope like hell a "great' P5 takes care of the pretender.

As if they give a damn about UCF.:joy: All it takes is 1 loss, even if it's after 5 undefeated seasons.

While we all rightfully get very upset by the constant disrespect, just think of this....

How IRATE are people going to be if we run the table, win another NY6 game and claim another National Championship?

They'll just have to deal with it bro. :sunglasses:

While we all rightfully get very upset by the constant disrespect, just think of this....

How IRATE are people going to be if we run the table, win another NY6 game and claim another National Championship?

It's going to have less impact the 2nd time around, and it won't be the same situation. It will be more akin to the several other undefeated seasons by other teams that went largely unrecognized.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It won't happen.
That is too much money lost to the G5 if they allow 2 G5 teams in the NY6 bowls.

The CFI is only obligated to place one G5 CFI ranked team in a NY6 bowl. If there is no G5 CFI ranked team then no G5 gets in. If currently ranked G5's lose and drop out it could be all P5's. They would never allow 2 G5's to play because they want the big bowl money to stay in house.

We should make a trophy if we do, make it in the form of a shrubbery...

SEC schools like shrubbery...so we should do all we can to get more shrubbery.

Everywhere I’ve looked states the at large slots, which are Peach and Fiesta, can choose any teams that are ranked high enough. I believe top 15. So yes they could make us play another G5 if both are top 15 in Fiesta. Peach I think is SEC vs at large.

Everywhere I’ve looked states the at large slots, which are Peach and Fiesta, can choose any teams that are ranked high enough. I believe top 15. So yes they could make us play another G5 if both are top 15 in Fiesta. Peach I think is SEC vs at large.
That’s a new twist that I’m not sure about

However, it would never happen. These bowls want to make money

It's going to have less impact the 2nd time around, and it won't be the same situation. It will be more akin to the several other undefeated seasons by other teams that went largely unrecognized.

It will have a bigger impact. They were pissed the first time when it was easily claimed. It will INFURIATE them if we do it again with even less of a claim.

And don't assume anyone else is going undefeated just yet. ND is certainly losing before its all said and done. Bama could lose and then beat Clemson.

Well let's not bash putting a G5 in, we brought the fans last year. Granted other G5 schools might not travel as well but if I were the Peach Bowl I'd love to have UCF come up again.

It will INFURIATE them if we do it again with even less of a claim.

Which devalues last year. They still get the money, nothing is being taken away from the team that wins the CFI or the P5. UCF could claim the next 50 championships, but in the end its not impacting the P5 and each time it gets done it will be less noticeable. It's better when there is actually a point to the claim, last year being an argument. At this point this year is less of an argument.

Reactions: mattropolis
“Which devalues last year. They still get the money, nothing is being taken away from the team that wins the CFI or the P5. UCF could claim the next 50 championships, but in the end its not impacting the P5 and each time it gets done it will be less noticeable.It's better when there is actually a point to theclaim, last year being an argument.”

I don’t think so. Win the regular season, CCG, and beat an SEC in our bowl. But don’t claim a NC again. Our schedule, no matter how much we wish otherwise, doesn’t pass the straight face test this year. Maybe if we won every game in a blowout... Our argument shouldn’t be about the NC this year. It should be about fair treatment and the reality that we, and every other G5 team that regularly excels, deserve to be taken as seriously as any other team. Keep proving it on the field, every year embarassing another P5 “power” and let’s quit worrying about NCs for now. WE WILL GET THEM UNDER THEIR RULES!!!!

Reactions: UCF0509
“Which devalues last year. They still get the money, nothing is being taken away from the team that wins the CFI or the P5. UCF could claim the next 50 championships, but in the end its not impacting the P5 and each time it gets done it will be less noticeable.It's better when there is actually a point to theclaim, last year being an argument.”

I don’t think so. Win the regular season, CCG, and beat an SEC in our bowl. But don’t claim a NC again. Our schedule, no matter how much we wish otherwise, doesn’t pass the straight face test this year. Maybe if we won every game in a blowout... Our argument shouldn’t be about the NC this year. It should be about fair treatment and the reality that we, and every other G5 team that regularly excels, deserve to be taken as seriously as any other team. Keep proving it on the field, every year embarassing another P5 “power” and let’s quit worrying about NCs for now. WE WILL GET THEM UNDER THEIR RULES!!!!
I agree with you. The big push is for playoff expansion. What they call a playoff is only a subjective popularity contest.:):sunglasses:

I disagree our fight is not about G5 competing year in and year out. It should be about the single year and all teams should be evaluated equally. Pedigree should not impact who the top team is. Your star rating from high school should not matter. How hard did you work the last 3-4 years? Team synergies and schemes play important roles.

This is the problem. They look at the TV line up and say oh we need a top ten matchup. Let's bump Kentucky into the 9 slot. Then the next week they do the same thing to Syracuse bump them up 11 spots to get interest in the TV schedule. It is a kangaroo court what do you expect.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I disagree our fight is not about G5 competing year in and year out. It should be about the single year and all teams should be evaluated equally. Pedigree should not impact who the top team is. Your star rating from high school should not matter. How hard did you work the last 3-4 years? Team synergies and schemes play important roles.

This is the problem. They look at the TV line up and say oh we need a top ten matchup. Let's bump Kentucky into the 9 slot. Then the next week they do the same thing to Syracuse bump them up 11 spots to get interest in the TV schedule. It is a kangaroo court what do you expect.
Having people that collect paychecks from Universities and Conferences and Networks decide who is good and who isn’t is a dumb idea. Need people that are unbiased.

Reactions: Shark59
If a selector like the Colley Matrix puts us at #1 at the end of the year we will repeat as Champs and rightfully declare just that.

Only if that happens, which with our SOS is unlikely.

If a selector like the Colley Matrix puts us at #1 at the end of the year we will repeat as Champs and rightfully declare just that.
Only if that happens, which with our SOS is unlikely.
The conversation has already started, ADDW ensured that. We'll see what happens at the end. Lot of football still to be played.

Reactions: UCF0509
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT