ADVERTISEMENT

There is lame and then there is nebraska:

I would wait a few weeks before you make that proclamation. I think everyone will know December 3rd.
Why is everyone from there giving a magical date of December 3rd? It's acceptable for a sitting HC to quit before a Bowl Game but not sooner? I don't think it's acceptable till after Bowl. An assistant yes, HC no.

Reactions: Mikesi
Why is everyone from there giving a magical date of December 3rd? It's acceptable for a sitting HC to quit before a Bowl Game but not sooner? I don't think it's acceptable till after Bowl. An assistant yes, HC no.
Because they are pulling info out of their asses and don't even follow football or know Frost. It's ridiculous

Because they are pulling info out of their asses and don't even follow football or know Frost. It's ridiculous
Does that mean December 4th we won't be seeing these clowns anymore or will they just pick a different date or say the offer was rescinded?

Because that is when the traditional open period begins for coaches. The regular season is over, including championship games, and head coaches are contractually allowed to speak with other teams.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Because that is when the traditional open period begins for coaches. The regular season is over, including championship games, and head coaches are contractually allowed to speak with other teams.
Not a sitting HC. He is still under contract. If they think it's acceptable to leave December 3rd just leave now. We would need time to hire a new HC before signing day. I'm not a fan of giving one of our assistants the job. Recruiting would take a big hit.

Is football politics new to you?
No.., but guessing wildly on an exact date (which has changed 2-3 times on this board) about merely a rumor is. So.. right EXACTLY ON THE MONDAY after the CCG, before the bowl, Riley who is the coach of Nebraska will be fired and Frost who is still the coach of UCF will announce that he's leaving while his players and the city are still celebrating

Yeah. Great investigating reporting. Nice work all.

No.., but guessing wildly on an exact date (which has changed 2-3 times on this board) about merely a rumor is. So.. right EXACTLY ON THE MONDAY after the CCG, before the bowl, Riley who is the coach of Nebraska will be fired and Frost who is still the coach of UCF will announce that he's leaving while his players and the city are still celebrating

The Wonder Years guy acts like he knows everything. He's the inner circle. Reports deadlines but then when deadline passes and he gets called out he says "they " changed their minds. Who TF is they? They is only believing their message board "sources" as the gospel. I have been burned from sources as well. People on here want everyone to believe they are part of the in crowd that makes decisions but if they were, they wouldn't be on here.

The Wonder Years guy acts like he knows everything. He's the inner circle. Reports deadlines but then when deadline passes and he gets called out he says "they " changed their minds. Who TF is they? They is only believing their message board "sources" as the gospel. I have been burned from sources as well. People on here want everyone to believe they are part of the in crowd that makes decisions but if they were, they wouldn't be on here.
Haha. "Wonder years"

I couldn't agree more. It's all 100% guesswork. The real people who know don't Troll other team's message boards and even their own.
It's laughable. There is an extremely small amount of people who know. This is all just friendly
(and sometimes not so friendly) banter/conversation.

No one at the Sentinel knows and Vegas put Scott Frost to Florida as the odds on favorite, so obviously they didn't have any inside info.

There are a lot of subtle and not so subtle clues that fans are completely overlooking because their emotions make them blind to it.

Feeding the trolls man. This post is like a buffet.
Scott will be Nebraska's next coach. He has class and is going to finish the season there regardless. He has a lot of appreciation for the UCF giving him his shot. He is going to make sure you are in good shape. The calls from home came a year or two earlier then he expected.

If I'm being honest, if he goes to Nebraska, he's going to go before the bowl game. As much as I like to think we'd support him through the bowl game knowing he was leaving, we wouldn't. It would get ugly and it would hurt the program overall.

When has the date of Nebraska announcing the hiring of Frost changed? Keep making shit up kid. Riley will likely announce his retirement within the next 10 days, hard saying if it will be before the Iowa game after the Penn St game or after the Iowa game. Bill Moos said in one of his FIRST interviews as AD for Nebraska that he doesnt fire coaches midseason unless it is bad conduct. Scott might announce to his players before the game, he will hold all the cards when it comes to when this information comes out of him leaving for Nebraska.

It's gonna be very interesting. As much as it surely can happen, it does still seem hard to envision Frost telling the players he's leaving before they finish the mission. It's a business, but I can see where the players would be pissed. If he goes, it will be before the bowl game. I'd be surprised if the team isn't divided if he tries to stay through the bowl.

When has the date of Nebraska announcing the hiring of Frost changed? Keep making shit up kid. Riley will likely announce his retirement within the next 10 days, hard saying if it will be before the Iowa game after the Penn St game or after the Iowa game. Bill Moos said in one of his FIRST interviews as AD for Nebraska that he doesnt fire coaches midseason unless it is bad conduct. Scott might announce to his players before the game, he will hold all the cards when it comes to when this information comes out of him leaving for Nebraska.
Frost is staying. You should be on the Wash St board

When every rumor is only coming from 1 side there is a very good chance it's bs. Their AD is trying to apply pressure through the media

I understand. I'm just saying, I don't know the man. I have zero idea what really motivates him, his family status with regard to moving around, what he ultimately wants to achieve in his career...For anyone to speculate based off hearsay or what they would do is futile.

If Frost gets hired by Nebraska, Im about 90% sure he wouldnt coach UCF's bowl. Why would UCF want a coach who just peaced out on them to coach the game?

Riley isn't retiring from coaching and Frost is coaching UCF in 2018. Bank it and stop acting like a psychopath

If I'm being honest, if he goes to Nebraska, he's going to go before the bowl game. As much as I like to think we'd support him through the bowl game knowing he was leaving, we wouldn't. It would get ugly and it would hurt the program overall.
Frost isn't leaving. Tell the Nebraska trolls to ask the wife how she feels about moving to Lincoln, Nebraska

Listen, the trolls like to argue, but we'd be just as bad and delusional to think there is no chance he leaves. It could very well happen. And you know what? That doesn't say anything bad about UCF, which is the narrative they are trying to sell. By most accounts, Frost said "No" to UF. That's a big deal. If he goes to Nebraska, it not CRAAAAZZZYYYY. If he left for any other middling hot mess of mediocrity in the middle of nowhere, yes, it would be CRAAAAZZZYYYY.

The guy is not afraid of a challenge. He took over an 0-12 G5 team. Now, he is very smart about which challenges he takes on. He weighs and measures whether or not its merely a challenge or if its a hopeless waste of time. We were a challenge. Let's see what he thinks Nebraska is.

Listen, the trolls like to argue, but we'd be just as bad and delusional to think there is no chance he leaves. It could very well happen. And you know what? That doesn't say anything bad about UCF, which is the narrative they are trying to sell. By most accounts, Frost said "No" to UF. That's a big deal. If he goes to Nebraska, it not CRAAAAZZZYYYY. If he left for any other middling hot mess of mediocrity in the middle of nowhere, yes, it would be CRAAAAZZZYYYY.

The guy is not afraid of a challenge. He took over an 0-12 G5 team. Now, he is very smart about which challenges he takes on. He weighs and measures whether or not its merely a challenge or if its a hopeless waste of time. We were a challenge. Let's see what he thinks Nebraska is.

The truth is his first two years wasnt as great as say Urban or Tom Herman. he's on a nice 9 game winning streak. First year was 6-7 including an embarassing bowl loss. I think most of the fan base will expect him to leave next year if were winning 20 games in a row and not having tackling problems. He would have to sink to Turner Gill lows for Nebraska to change their mind.

It's not a wild guess. I'm not saying Frost is leaving. I'm not even saying he will entertain offers. But you will know more on that date because the teams that are after him can make things more public from their side. UF may have someone locked up by then. Nebraska too. Again, this is my 6th coaching search in a very short time. There are patterns to everything. Schools don't poach sitting coaches during the regular season, but they absolutely do it immediately after the regular season and before the bowl games. When we hired Meyer we announced after his regular season was over, but he still coached in their bowl game (and won). As someone else said, its a business. The kids get that. If they didn't no one would ever leave early for the NFL.

It's not a wild guess. I'm not saying Frost is leaving. I'm not even saying he will entertain offers. But you will know more on that date because the teams that are after him can make things more public from their side. UF may have someone locked up by then. Nebraska too. Again, this is my 6th coaching search in a very short time. There are patterns to everything. Schools don't poach sitting coaches during the regular season, but they absolutely do it immediately after the regular season and before the bowl games. When we hired Meyer we announced after his regular season was over, but he still coached in their bowl game (and won). As someone else said, its a business. The kids get that. If they didn't no one would ever leave early for the NFL.
Frost said no. Get over it

Frost said no. Get over it

There's nothing to get over. I'm not in charge of the search. I trust my AD to take care of that. I'm just trying to explain most coaching searches are just getting started and you're not out of the woods yet when it comes to possibly losing Frost. I hope he stays at UCF. He's doing great things.

Frost is asking for donations. He wouldn't do that if he was leaving.
Sure he would. That's part of his job. Whether he will be back or not, his job is to help build the future of the program. Just like Randy Shannon is still recruiting for Florida even though he knows he won't be back next year.

But again, I'm not saying he is leaving.

I'm am enjoying the arguing and ball busting and insulting different schools and areas as much as anyone, but if I can be serious for a moment....

It's a very real possibility that Scott Frost leaves. Very real. I'd be surprised if it's UF just because there is so little smoke and all signs seem to be pointing to Kelly. I will not be surprised at all to see him go to Nebraska. I'm having fun counter trolling them, but in all reality, he very well may want to go there. I don't know the guy or his family. If he had NO interest like we want to believe, he would have already put it to bed. No reason not to. He hasn't done that. He's clearly, at least, giving it consideration.

Who knows what has happened or will happen? He may win the AAC CCG and in the middle of the celebration decide he doesn't want it to end yet. He may win the AAC CCG and be even more sure he wants to leave since he completed what he set out to do. He may lose between now and then and decide he's not leaving until he accomplishes what he set out to do....ya know...because Nebraska values and all.

Either way, lets have fun ripping each other. It's just meaningless sports anyway.

Reactions: clmssun
It's a very real possibility that Scott Frost leaves. Very real.
Not sure why you are saying that? You are way off. I spoke with one of the top Excellence Fund donors today and that's not true at all. You're not seeing the clues. Look at what he is saying and not what he isn't. He's concentrating on coaching the team right now. You're looking down the wrong path if you're thinking that he needs to make an announcement to squash the rumors

He's coming back in 2018. It's not even worth debating it anymore

Sure he would. That's part of his job. Whether he will be back or not, his job is to help build the future of the program. Just like Randy Shannon is still recruiting for Florida even though he knows he won't be back next year.

But again, I'm not saying he is leaving.
Recruiting yes. He can bring kids where he goes. Show me the emails where he is asking for donations and donating himself. I'll show you the one I got today.

perfect 9-0 record. A 94 percent graduation success rate. Our Knights are impressive on and off the football field, and they plan to keep this upward trend going.

“We’re building something very special with this football program,” says UCF Vice President and Director of Athletics Danny White. “UCF Football can continue to grow and get even better with the support of Knight Nation.”

UCF has the talent to help keep the program strong, but it needs more resources to take it to the heights White and Coach Scott Frost know it can go. The UCF Football Excellence Fund was established to enhance the program’s operating resources, with a goal of securing commitments of over $1.5 million annually for the next five years.

“By supporting the UCF Football Excellence Fund, our fans and donors can have a dramatic impact on the future of the program and help build the financial foundation necessary to compete at the highest level,” says White.

Coach Frost is a proud donor to the fund. “I’m very excited about the success we’ve had in our time here and I’m committed to helping the program continue growing. I’m hopeful my support [of the UCF Football Excellence Fund] will be a catalyst for others to jump on board and take part.”

Join Coach Frost to keep the football program growing by donating to the UCF Football Excellence Fund. Support at any giving level will make an impact. You may give online, or by calling the Golden Knights Club Office at 407.882.0411.

Thank you for your support of UCF Athletics.

Recruiting yes. He can bring kids where he goes. Show me the emails where he is asking for donations and donating himself. I'll show you the one I got today.

Our Booster season is in Spring and Summer. And all the coach has to do is attend some speaking engagements. Our UAA does all of the fund raising, but the recent push has been to raise money for the new baseball facility so they can build a new football facility on the current baseball site. They aren't concerned about raising money to pay coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT