ADVERTISEMENT

There is lame and then there is nebraska:

Our Booster season is in Spring and Summer. And all the coach has to do is attend some speaking engagements. Our UAA does all of the fund raising, but the recent push has been to raise money for the new baseball facility so they can build a new football facility on the current baseball site. They aren't concerned about raising money to pay coaches.
Same with us. But here we are raising money. Why do you think?

Our Booster season is in Spring and Summer. And all the coach has to do is attend some speaking engagements. Our UAA does all of the fund raising, but the recent push has been to raise money for the new baseball facility so they can build a new football facility on the current baseball site. They aren't concerned about raising money to pay coaches.
No one cares

Reactions: Mikesi
No one cares

BNGAD cares. We were discussing Frost contributing to the Excellence Fund and why he would do that if he might leave. He asked if Shannon had contributed to the UF version of the Excellence Fund (we don't have one). I simply answered his question the best that I could. No need to get defensive.

It's gonna be very interesting. As much as it surely can happen, it does still seem hard to envision Frost telling the players he's leaving before they finish the mission. It's a business, but I can see where the players would be pissed. If he goes, it will be before the bowl game. I'd be surprised if the team isn't divided if he tries to stay through the bowl.

Isn’t that what Herman did at Houston? I mean the current Georgia HC was allowed to be Bama’s OC through their bowl games, I don’t see why it’s sooooo crazy to think that Frost wouldn’t take the same path.

Reactions: G8RLegist
And so many of you are up in arms as to why the December 3rd (or right around there) date is being thrown out there - biggest reason? The early signing deadline is December 10th.

I’m sorry to say, in no way can UCF pay Frost “what he’s worth” and what a school like Nebraska or Florida could, it’s just not feasible.

I guess I should rephrase that as you are correct about the dollars. Hopefully they are trying to pay him what he would accept to stay at UCF and enough to show him their commitment.

Isn’t that what Herman did at Houston? I mean the current Georgia HC was allowed to be Bama’s OC through their bowl games, I don’t see why it’s sooooo crazy to think that Frost wouldn’t take the same path.

He might do it. I think with everything Danny White and the boosters are doing to try and keep him, it might be too awkward to stick around though. What's the point? He's going to be trying to prep a team he is no longer the coach of, be a new dad, start preparing for his new job and try to move his family...during Christmas time. He'll be checked out anyway. Letting him coach the game would be giving a reward to a guy that just left you after 2 seasons. That might be a bad PR move for DW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT