ADVERTISEMENT

There's a camera everywhere it seems

EweSeaEff

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2007
Clearwater
And now these two morons are going to jail. Good riddance.

Police: Alaska man, son caught on video killing bear, cubs

A father and son skied to a remote bear den on an Alaska island, shot a mother bear in front of her two cubs and then one of them turned his rifle on the shrieking newborns, killing them, authorities said Wednesday.

The men didn’t know that the black bears were part of an observation program and the slaughter was caught on video by a motion-activated camera outside the den.

Andrew Renner, 41, and son Owen Renner, 18, have been charged with multiple counts, including the illegal killing of a bear and both cubs in the April incident. Under state law, it’s illegal to kill black bear cubs or sows with cubs in most of Alaska, including where the shooting occurred.

The father and son then drag the mother bear from the den and realize it has a Fish and Game collar.

“Undeterred, Andrew Renner states, ‘I’m gonna get rid of these guys’ while tossing the cubs’ limp carcasses onto the snow outside the den,’” the documents say.

In another video clip, the younger Renner says, ’We got the collar off,” the court papers say. “Andrew Renner says, ‘We’re gonna skin it that way,’” and points away from the den. Owen Renner agrees, saying, ‘They’ll never be able to link it to us.’ They proceed to butcher the sow and place it in game bags, then ski away.”

https://www.apnews.com/f19f0650ba03...a-man,-son-caught-on-video-killing-bear,-cubs

shot a mother bear in front of her two cubs and then one of them turned his rifle on the shrieking newborns, killing them, authorities said Wednesday.”

These people are assholes, no doubt, but holy shit this reads like some mass murder of children in a classroom.

Reactions: UCFWayne
shot a mother bear in front of her two cubs and then one of them turned his rifle on the shrieking newborns, killing them, authorities said Wednesday.”
These people are assholes, no doubt, but holy shit this reads like some mass murder of children in a classroom.
When it comes to the 2nd Amendment, this just brings 'hunters' under the 'same fold' as school shooters, for political purposes.

In retrospect, as much as I don't like their 'demonize anything about guns' attitude, this is pretty good anti-2nd Amendment fodder.

I.e., the US media finally has a solid story that is not just hunters abusing their rights in ignorance of gaming law, but covering-up their misdeeds... all on-camera.

So ... now there will be massive outcry against hunters, and demonizations that they are all like this.

When it comes to the 2nd Amendment, this just brings 'hunters' under the 'same fold' as school shooters, for political purposes.

In retrospect, as much as I don't like their 'demonize anything about guns' attitude, this is pretty good anti-2nd Amendment fodder.

I.e., the US media finally has a solid story that is not just hunters abusing their rights in ignorance of gaming law, but covering-up their misdeeds... all on-camera.

So ... now there will be massive outcry against hunters, and demonizations that they are all like this.
tumblr_mgdfat7Gut1qer7yko1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT