ADVERTISEMENT

They did it! Home game Wed! Get tickets. One win away from Madison Sq. Garden!

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
BJ willed us to a win, despite a horrible tie up call by ref.
What a classy team! Everyone a hero. Dawkins brought us a winner and showed these players the way, but they bought in and sacrificed for everything they got. Nobody every rolled over for us. ISU, a bad shooting team, played way above their ability, and UCF still showed them. We were down 8-0, 14-1, 17-3, and ISU made a last second long 3 to end the half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Jim
Marc says to buy your tickets! "Students back on campus, bring your friends."

BJ being interviewed now on 740 the game.
Quotes: "Great atmosphere. We've been in those type of spots before. Second half, we ran them off the line. We were more aggressive. We forced them to go into 'man' (defense). That's what AJ does. He slashes to the hole. We practice that play every day (the 4.3 second left). Once I saw the defender didn't put his foot on the line, I knew I could attack and draw the foul (it's a double screen with BJ reading it perfectly). It was the same dud (ref) who called the bad foul. Let's pack the place Wednesday."

Last edited:
My favorite UCF plays were the two late blocks. Nick blocked the cripple shot by his former teammate he'd hugged before game time, and AJ's flying block to prevent the steal-breakaway.

OMG. Where is my bumper sticker, "How'd they win that?"

Rewinding DVR in the 2nd half and make sure I really saw what I saw. Down 18...win the game?

The tie up was the quickest whistle ever. But in fairness BJ did foul their player on their last possession. He stuck his hand in and grabbed the guys wrist.

The tie up was the quickest whistle ever. But in fairness BJ did foul their player on their last possession. He stuck his hand in and grabbed the guys wrist.
I watched the replay. The camera angle cannot tell. Unfortunately, that type of steal is seldom rewarded by refs who just assume there was contact.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT