ADVERTISEMENT

They found Gabbys body

Sad story. What I don't understand is hundreds of people,if not thousands, go missing every year and why does this story make national news? Every weekend in Chicago dozens and sometimes multiple dozens of young people are murdered and that does not make national news radar. yet , this story does. It's interesting how one story is picked up over another. I feel for her family . May they find peace .

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Sad story. What I don't understand is hundreds of people,if not thousands, go missing every year and why does this story make national news? Every weekend in Chicago dozens and sometimes multiple dozens of young people are murdered and that does not make national news radar. yet , this story does. It's interesting how one story is picked up over another. I feel for her family . May they find peace .
She's white and attractive. That's all the explanation you need. Nevermind the statements to the police by both her and the boyfriend that she assaulted him and he didn't fight back. Just assume that he killed her. The story works, and it sells.

She's white and attractive. That's all the explanation you need.
^^^ Boom!

Nevermind the statements to the police by both her and the boyfriend that she assaulted him and he didn't fight back. Just assume that he killed her. The story works, and it sells.
Even better if he has a history of not having many girlfriends ... especially if he hasn't ever abused anyone. It's all about the incel and other narratives.

This is why most young men have 'checked out' of it all. I don't blame them.

When we start treating everyone with the same considerations, maybe history will be a lot less violent. We can start by not glorifying women who batter men.

She's white and attractive. That's all the explanation you need. Nevermind the statements to the police by both her and the boyfriend that she assaulted him and he didn't fight back. Just assume that he killed her. The story works, and it sells.
It is a little more than that though. She was also pretty popular on social media. She’s nowhere near an actual celebrity, but her account had a few hundred thousand followers.

Edit: nevermind… apparently nearly a million people have followed her account since she went missing. That’s f*cking weird, man.

It is a little more than that though. She was also pretty popular on social media. She’s nowhere near an actual celebrity, but her account had a few hundred thousand followers.

Van life has kind of taken off with the early-20s crowd, and for someone to be murdered who had a social media following for doing van life… it sparks interest immediately because of the dangerous perception of living in a vehicle.

Of course with her looks, and his immediately suspicious behavior… it’s going to attract attention.
Fair enough. But had an African-American or Hispanic-American couple/family been like that... not sure it would garner nearly as much interest, maybe just from politicians at some point (if it served them well).

Edit: nevermind… apparently nearly a million people have followed her account since she went missing. That’s f*cking weird, man.
I think the reason is popular is the mystery: couple went around the country in a van and he came back alone with her van. What was he thinking? I'll go home and nobody is going to ask about her? This case is ready for the movie/TV episode.

It is similar to the case where mom and dad helped junior kill, dismember and bury the wife/gf in St Cloud and she was Latin.

Reactions: Knight In TN
I think the reason is popular is the mystery: couple went around the country in a van and he came back alone with her van. What was he thinking? I'll go home and nobody is going to ask about her? This case is ready for the movie/TV episode.
It is similar to the case where mom and dad helped junior kill, dismember and bury the wife/gf in St Cloud and she was Latin.
Yeah, he should have reported things immediately ... unless he was guilty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT