ADVERTISEMENT

This is why we cannot have nice things ...

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
If you told yourself, from 2 years ago, about our 'current problems,' how would yourself, 2 years ago, react? I guess that's why I started labeling some of our 'fans' "Krytros," because it doesn't matter how much fun our season is, the Krytros will still be negative.

I mean ...
  • The Frost trolls, along with our need to 'explain' what's wrong at NU, UF, et al. (I admit, I've been guilty of this at times too)
  • Disappointment with Chinander for not blowing out UConn (within 7 of spread, before last second TD)? SMU playing it close (we weren't favored by that much more)? Etc...? (I'm sick of this, never liked the negativity towards him -- he's done us right)
  • The CFP Committee 'issues' (although I admit, I was wrong to say I'd trust them, and now just laugh at them)
  • Etc...
Let this sink in ...
  • We're 9-0 for the first time in program history, we've never gone undefeated, and only undefeated in conference 1 time
  • We keep winning and we're going to go to a NY6 bowl, win and we'll definitely crack the top 10 ... again
  • ABC network broadcast of G5 v. G5 ... in our house (not just 2013 SEC South Carolina) ... no way!
  • We have a very, very bright future ahead of us, post-GoL, and we'll continue to be on top
  • We are looking at a seriously great future, with a very likely P5 association in 5 more years
I'm loving this season, and refuse to let anything change my mind. Boise went through this as well.

Let's just enjoy our nice things. It's no longer just 2013, it's 2017 ... and beyond! I waited 15 years for our first, non-contingent Bowl invite (heart broken back in '98), 20 years for our first Bowl win against a P5, 23 years for our first NY6 Bowl win and now, after 27 years ...

We're going to be doing a lot more of it starting this year in 2017! The dream will continue ... beyond.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT