ADVERTISEMENT

This was a fireable offense?

The Dean was seriously tone-deaf if she thought saying "all lives matter" wasn't going to raise eyebrows no matter what else her message said.

My radar says she was totally inept as the Nursing School's Dean and this 'controversy' gave the Chancellor an excuse to fire her incompetent ass.

It's the Right's FU response to the Black Lives Matter protests regarding police violence.

How about the Left’s Black Atlanta Mayor who shunned BLM by saying Blacks are killing blacks and we shouldn’t blame cops.

Or this man who lost his 8-year old. Are they right wing too?

Or maybe people are just saying what It is. BLM is a movement, who’s message has gotten perverted by radicals and is turning people off as they destroy neighborhoods, kill innocent people and ruin lives of business owners.

How about the Left’s Black Atlanta Mayor who shunned BLM by saying Blacks are killing blacks and we shouldn’t blame cops.

Or this man who lost his 8-year old. Are they right wing too?

Or maybe people are just saying what It is. BLM is a movement, who’s message has gotten perverted by radicals and is turning people off as they destroy neighborhoods, kill innocent people and ruin lives of business owners.
What even is your point? Yall act like liberals are fine with murder as long as it isnt cops doing it. No one is cool with any violence but black on black crime is a different issue. You act like every murder that isnt officer involved forgives the murders that are officer involved. They are not related. They are two seperate issues. Its bad when people get killed. Also, its bad when people get killed by police. Stop the convolution of issues that should have universal support.

What even is your point? Yall act like liberals are fine with murder as long as it isnt cops doing it. No one is cool with any violence but black on black crime is a different issue. You act like every murder that isnt officer involved forgives the murders that are officer involved. They are not related. They are two seperate issues. Its bad when people get killed. Also, its bad when people get killed by police. Stop the convolution of issues that should have universal support.

Black on black violence should get way more attention than the 9 instances of a cop killing a black guy per year, particularly in the black community.

Reactions: DAiello18

My point, you walking Kumquat, is that he said the Rights FU to BLM is ALM. That being said, what about these two people who called out BLM? Are they on the right? I called him out for making everything a Left vs Right issue. Not everything needs to be a political agenda, but Shucky over there screams THE RIGHT Every time something happens.

I love that you go on Tangents randomly to grandstand you basement dwelling idiot. For the 100th time. I hate both the left and the right. You both are idiots. You both politicize every death to make It fit your little narrative.

ALM is not a right wing FU to BLM. ALM is a tone deaf cry for attention. Spoiler Alert, that’s all BLM has become too. BLM is a cry to get a free pass to burn shit and kill people and Its a Damn shame because the message actually was important.

Next time you want to Interject, read what I replied to you moron.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You guys are ****ing idiots some times.
Black on black violence should get way more attention than the 9 instances of a cop killing a black guy per year, particularly in the black community.
What about white on white?

You guys are ****ing idiots some times.

What about white on white?

Idiots don't care about black on black violence. Or maybe they aren't idiots, just huge racists that like seeing black people kill each other.

You really reached a new low here.

Either All violence should be posted 24-7 or No Violence should be posted. You can’t pick and choose what stories to share when It benefits a narrative or sells clicks.

The problem, once again, is the media. Who’s job is to provide news unbiased. Its literally The first thing they teach in a journalism class in HS. You report facts, unbiased. Instead our news is slanted by the highest bidder. And don’t even get started on factchecking. Its easier To write an apology than get the facts right

Oh, so if I go out and protest with the message of "all lives matter" because of white on white crime, you're cool with that?
Im saying youre making the issue more complicated than it needs to be. The issue is police violence against black people that stems from systemic racism.

Its not about whatever youre trying to lump into it to belittle it.

Im saying youre making the issue more complicated than it needs to be. The issue is police violence against black people that stems from systemic racism.

Great. So quantify systemic racism. You can't, so all you have to point to is 9 deaths per year out of 350 million police encounters. Somehow 9 out of 350 million is a rallying cry to say that "black lives matter" and its a fireable offense is saying "all lives matter" while we ignore the thousands of black lives ended by other black lives? Just be honest and say that you don't care about black lives, you care about a political movement thats consistent with the worst movements of the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries.

so if the issue is plain - The issue is police violence against black people that stems from systemic racism.

Then why would the answer be attacking innocent people. Why would the answer be burning and looting.

If you can’t see that their movement has been betrayed by a radical subset to the point where their own people and mayors are calling them out to “stop blaming police” and “enough is enough” that you are being purposefully dense and ignorant.

If you want to argue the point of systemic racism, which is wrong based on evidence provided in other threads, that’s fine we can have that argument. To say BLM is going about change the right way to make that point, is a laughable claim at best given the current climate in cities that have had the protests.

Its not about whatever your trying to lump into it to belittle it.

Wait, when we showed you guys studies and statistics showing that white cops actually detain and kill more white people annually than black people, your response was that this is about "police brutality" as a whole and specific to that topic, which in itself does not necessarily imply a racist component. Cops were simply behaving badly at times, lacked training, and that applied to anyone they encounter.

Now you're saying it's about "police violence" specifically against black people that is the direct result of "systemic racism". In other words, police are recruited, trained, and indoctrinated to specifically target, beat, and kill black people (which is supported by exactly zero factual evidence)

Which is it? It can't be both.

so if the issue is plain - The issue is police violence against black people that stems from systemic racism.

Then why would the answer be attacking innocent people. Why would the answer be burning and looting.

If you can’t see that their movement has been betrayed by a radical subset to the point where their own people and mayors are calling them out to “stop blaming police” and “enough is enough” that you are being purposefully dense and ignorant.

If you want to argue the point of systemic racism, which is wrong based on evidence provided in other threads, that’s fine we can have that argument. To say BLM is going about change the right way to make that point, is a laughable claim at best given the current climate in cities that have had the protests.
No one is for those things. The mob is unruly sometimes. Most of the time protests happen without incident. Youre lumping in the bad actors to diminish the actual message just like I said you were doing.

Great. So quantify systemic racism. You can't, so all you have to point to is 9 deaths per year out of 350 million police encounters. Somehow 9 out of 350 million is a rallying cry to say that "black lives matter" and its a fireable offense is saying "all lives matter" while we ignore the thousands of black lives ended by other black lives? Just be honest and say that you don't care about black lives, you care about a political movement thats consistent with the worst movements of the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries.
I cant quantify systemic racism? Yes i can.

Its about more than just how many people are killed. Its about racial profiling. I know that you are aware of black people who have been stopped by cops for no reason. It doesnt always end in death sometimes it just ends in people's rights being denied.

Stop the convolution of issues that should have universal support.
That's how this game has been played by the Right-wing.

When the issue is first brought up, it always starts with "OF COURSE we don't condone George Floyd's death. That's a no brainer!"

But interestingly, even though this issue is supposedly "universal," the Right immediately pivot to: But what about cop deaths? But what about all those looters and rioters? But what about Black on Black crime? But what about? But what about? But what about? Gee, don't ALL lives matter??!?

But if you are successful (good luck) in focusing their attention back on the issue behind the Black Lives Matter protests: how police treat Blacks/Browns vs Whites, it's once again "Well, OF COURSE we don't condone deaths like George Floyd! That's a no brainer!"

And the cycle repeats itself.

That's how this game has been played by the Right-wing.

When the issue is first brought up, it always starts with "OF COURSE we don't condone George Floyd's death. That's a no brainer!"

But interestingly, even though this issue is supposedly "universal," the Right immediately pivot to: But what about cop deaths? But what about all those looters and rioters? But what about Black on Black crime? But what about? But what about? But what about? Gee, don't ALL lives matter??!?

But if you are successful (good luck) in focusing their attention back on the issue behind the Black Lives Matter protests: how police treat Blacks/Browns vs Whites, it's once again "Well, OF COURSE we don't condone deaths like George Floyd! That's a no brainer!"

And the cycle repeats itself.

No one on the right wants black people choked to death

No one on the left wants cops killed or stores looted.

but somehow when they frame the discussion it they change the subject to make it seem like if you are against black people being executed by police then you also condone looting. It makes no sense. We all agree on these individual topics that are unrelated but they get lumped together for no reason.

No one is for those things. The mob is unruly sometimes. Most of the time protests happen without incident. Youre lumping in the bad actors to diminish the actual message just like I said you were doing.

Im asking, how are they working to achieve their message? you said yourself the message is plain and simple. If It is so simple, why isn’t that message being the platform used. Why is It no justice no peace, why is It the other actions. I’ve yet to see a tangible plan of action based on system issues. Defunding police is not addressing a systemic approach that you claim It is. You can’t defund one state and fix a systemic problem that would be rooted throughout the country. I’m asking, where’s the plan to change from
The top down in the system? Nobody has brought one to the table. You can scream BLM all you want, but sit down at the table with a tangible plan

Im asking, how are they working to achieve their message? you said yourself the message is plain and simple. If It is so simple, why isn’t that message being the platform used. Why is It no justice no peace, why is It the other actions. I’ve yet to see a tangible plan of action based on system issues. Defunding police is not addressing a systemic approach that you claim It is. You can’t defund one state and fix a systemic problem that would be rooted throughout the country. I’m asking, where’s the plan to change from
The top down in the system? Nobody has brought one to the table. You can scream BLM all you want, but sit down at the table with a tangible plan
Do you ever think about what the algorithm is feeding you and how it might be a confirmation of your views using a small subset of incidents vs the statistical reality of the situation. If not, you should.

Do you ever think about what the algorithm is feeding you and how it might be a confirmation of your views using a small subset of incidents vs the statistical reality of the situation. If not, you should.

that’s rich coming from Mr. systematic issue despite the proven facts presented to him because the data didn’t feed his confirmation bias.

That being said I would love for you to show me a actual plan brought to the table by these activists that will change systematically things from the top. I would love to read It and see the feasibility.

No one on the right wants black people choked to death

No one on the left wants cops killed or stores looted.

but somehow when they frame the discussion it they change the subject to make it seem like if you are against black people being executed by police then you also condone looting. It makes no sense. We all agree on these individual topics that are unrelated but they get lumped together for no reason.

You have a total misunderstanding of the position that the right holds. The right wants equal justice when crimes are committed. It isnt the right that looks the other way or says "they deserve it because......" when there is recourse. The right doesn't endorse self loathing based on the sins of the past.

You have a total misunderstanding of the position that the right holds. The right wants equal justice when crimes are committed. It isnt the right that looks the other way or says "they deserve it because......" when there is recourse. The right doesn't endorse self loathing based on the sins of the past.
The right believes there is equal justice when there isn't. Black people are targeted for questioning, get longer sentences, get convicted on less evidince, are seen as worse witnesses, and have a much lower rate for parole.

that’s rich coming from Mr. systematic issue despite the proven facts presented to him because the data didn’t feed his confirmation bias.
Proven facts??!? Jesus Christ, talk about someone with confirmation bias! :rolleyes:

That being said I would love for you to show me a actual plan brought to the table by these activists that will change systematically things from the top.
If you'd been paying attention to the Defund Police discussions that are going on around the country, you'd have one. But you're too busy whining that it means abolishing law enforcement altogether which is bullshit.

The right believes there is equal justice when there isn't. Black people are targeted for questioning, get longer sentences, get convicted on less evidince, are seen as worse witnesses, and have a much lower rate for parole.

No, they don't. You're equating the right with racism and that is not true at all.

Literally every point raised here requires a lot more critical thinking and assessing of evidence to back these claims, but that's not where we're at here, is it?

Still waiting on a response to my above post, given how the entire goalposts just shifted when it comes to police violence.

You mean when they burn down cities, attack random people, loot, and destroy property? It is more than a few bad actors.
Yeah when people do those things its shitty. Its not everyone though. Stop trying to make it divisive, we all agree that stuff shouldnt happen but just because it does, doesnt mean black people dont have a legitimate reason to be frusterated. You all know there are issues with how they are often treated, why cant we just try to do better instead of changing the subject to looters (that we also all agree should be punished.)

Proven facts??!? Jesus Christ, talk about someone with confirmation bias! :rolleyes:

Yeah. The studies that show that blacks are not the victims of police brutality. You know, those numbers I posted that you all dismissed because you’d rather use percentage when Its not Feasible since one race is 11% of the population only.

If you'd been paying attention to the Defund Police discussions that are going on around the country, you'd have one. But you're too busy whining that it means abolishing law enforcement altogether which is bullshit.

Like I said above you giant moron, how is defunding the police fixing the problem? It doesn’t change the system It just replaces police. The justice system is still not changed now is It? If It is a systemic problem, for the 3rd time, you can’t just defund police and cure the problem. The police aren’t the system. How hard of a concept is that to understand? Also, you all say the same thing, longer sentences, etc. You shouldn’t be defunding the police, you should be wanting changes in the CJ System and Rehabilitation Reform. You are too caught up in race and the little fish to see the whole F***ing Pond is polluted.

Reactions: AAC6800
Like I said above you giant moron, how is defunding the police fixing the problem? It doesn’t change the system It just replaces police.
It's ridiculous to attempt to have a honest discussion on this issue when your notion of the plan (that you first said was nonexistent) is that it "just replaces police." :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous to attempt to have a honest discussion on this issue when your notion of the plan (that you first said was nonexistent) is that it "just replaces police." :rolleyes:

“I’ve yet to see a tangible plan of action based on system issues. Defunding police is not addressing a systemic approach that you claim It is. You can’t defund one state and fix a systemic problem that would be rooted throughout the country. I’m asking, where’s the plan to change from
The top down in the system? Nobody has brought one to the table. You can scream BLM all you want, but sit down at the table with a tangible plan”

My direct quote. There is no plan when all states aren’t doing the same thing. Hard concept for you? Or should I draw It in crayon

“I’ve yet to see a tangible plan of action based on system issues. Defunding police is not addressing a systemic approach that you claim It is. You can’t defund one state and fix a systemic problem that would be rooted throughout the country. I’m asking, where’s the plan to change from
The top down in the system? Nobody has brought one to the table. You can scream BLM all you want, but sit down at the table with a tangible plan”

My direct quote. There is no plan when all states aren’t doing the same thing. Hard concept for you? Or should I draw It in crayon

Is this why I dont want to see mass changes? Because there's no problem where I live?

Weird concept. Its almost like things need to be addressed locally instead of on an overarching national level. Its kind of like individualism is a thing.

Reactions: DAiello18
Is this why I dont want to see mass changes? Because there's no problem where I live?

Weird concept. Its almost like things need to be addressed locally instead of on an overarching national level. Its kind of like individualism is a thing.

Like it's apparently a hard concept to figure out. There is no plan. Some states are screaming defund the police. Other states are backing police. Other states have riots and looting. There is no plan, there is no message.

These liberal hateful lunatics that pass for professors are exactly why my child will be going to a trade school even though she has a full four-year paid scholarship to the College of her choice. I refuse to allow scumbags to brainwash my kid into hating her race & country. I didn't raise a commie, public school/college isn't going to turn her into one. Also, homeschool then trade school people & while you're homeschooling teach them valuable life skills such as gardening, hunting, building shelter, finding water, shooting & proper gun safety, self defense etc. Actual survival skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT