ADVERTISEMENT

Time Magazine 'Person of the Year' has now jumped the shark

Jedi.Knight

Bronze Knight
Apr 21, 2008
Need I say more..

22101208-7780825-image-a-9_1576069163783.jpg

She's what, 16 years old? I'm 41 and the world was supposed to end due to climate change by the time I was 5. We've passed at least 5 points of no return since she was born, and yet she is convinced that we only have a few years left unless we take measures that would lead to hundreds of millions of people starving or freezing to death. How dare you indeed.

She's what, 16 years old? I'm 41 and the world was supposed to end due to climate change by the time I was 5. We've passed at least 5 points of no return since she was born, and yet she is convinced that we only have a few years left unless we take measures that would lead to hundreds of millions of people starving or freezing to death. How dare you indeed.
100% correct. When I was a kid it was the coming ice age. She is an idiot teenager who is nothing more than a puppet hired to dance on command.

If she were near me I’d tell her to STFU.

Last edited:
Y'all know she's not doing the research right? You're acting like she's trying to mislead the public when she's relying on research from...

*checks notes*

...Literally every scientist.

But sure be mad about a teenager who's kids will be alive 100 years from now caring about what the world is becoming. Not everyone is middle aged and selfish. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll understand democrats.

Do you all agree or disagree with Donald trolling her on Twitter?

I think he should use his time a bit better. Not a great look.

No...it is bad look to troll a 15 girl even if she is putting herself out for it.

I honestly have no issue with someone speaking for the environment, but no Republican is going to win a person of the year for speaking out against various issues. Donald Trump should have really won with the economic expansion.

Both sides make a compelling argument

On the one hand you have a teenager who is citing consensus research from the scientific community and global temperature trends.

Vs.

Sir G saying:
When I was a kid it was the coming ice age. She is an idiot teenager who is nothing more than a puppet hired to dance on command. If she were near me I’d tell her to STFU.

Both sides seem very well informed on the topic. Who does the scientific community think it is, they have no basis to dispute Sir G and his hard hitting personal anecdotes from his childhood.

After some deliberation I'm going with the scientists.

Y'all know she's not doing the research right? You're acting like she's trying to mislead the public when she's relying on research from...

*checks notes*

But sure be mad about a teenager who's kids will be alive 100 years from now caring about what the world is becoming. Not everyone is middle aged and selfish. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll understand democrats.

Actually we understand democrats quite well. This is why you guys are so drawn to Greta- she acts like a spoiled, entitled child, yells at and scolds people at people as a way of communicating, and uses hyperbole in every major speech she makes.

Democrats and Greta demand that people do exactly what they say and if they don't, then they accuse everyone of wanting to kill people or wreck the environment. It's the lowest common denominator argument and you guys are all-in on that.

No...it is bad look to troll a 15 girl even if she is putting herself out for it.

I honestly have no issue with someone speaking for the environment, but no Republican is going to win a person of the year for speaking out against various issues. Donald Trump should have really won with the economic expansion.

Well, Donald won their cover in 2016.

My vote would have gone to the people of Hong Kong.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Actually we understand democrats quite well. This is why you guys are so drawn to Greta- she acts like a spoiled, entitled child, yells at and scolds people at people as a way of communicating, and uses hyperbole in every major speech she makes.

Democrats and Greta demand that people do exactly what they say and if they don't, then they accuse everyone of wanting to kill people or wreck the environment. It's the lowest common denominator argument and you guys are all-in on that.
When you say Greta you mean to type Scientists right? She's not created any of this data she is only publicizing it. Does the existence of the data hurt your feelings and you're mad that someone would dare to make it well known that the earth is at risk for climate change? You take it personally for what reason?

Not a great look???!? He's just following the shining example of the pompous blowhards here. If it's okay for them to spend their precious time trolling a kid, why not Trump?

[roll]

It's so predictable but funny. Lefties prop her up as a moral oracle and Jesus-like public figure as she herself demands the spotlight and hysterically yells at people to listen to her, and then in the next breath, insist you can't critique her because "she's just a kid!".

remember when they had stalin and hitler on the cover? yea times is pretty stupid
Those were legit. Person of the year doesnt necessarily mean "best" person of the year. Thurnberg hasn't been influential at all, in any way, unlike her predecessors for this honor. A better argument could be made for dozens of people, which is what makes this ridiculous. Trump, Boris Johnson, the whistleblower, Schiff, jussie smollet, Giuliani, AOC, and the Iran protestors have all made a bigger difference in the world this year than Greta.

Reactions: UCFWayne

*checks notes*

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Time Magazine Person of the Year has never been about 'best' or 'leadership' ... but it's always been about controversy, and 'who is everyone talking about?'

That's why she's a good pick ... just like Hitler too. And in the same regard, much like Hitler, she's not solving much, just blaming.

I am an UCF trained biologist. I have had chemistry, organic chemistry, physics , genetics, botany, zoology, conservation biology, and on and on. I then went to graduate school to earn a degree in environmental planning and resource management. I took classes like coastal planning, hydrology, pollution control, environmental law among a few. I was taught the scientific method and how good scientists are transparent in their work and are open to be questioned.

We over the years talked about climate change or global warming.. Had healthy debates in the 90s. I am sorry science is about seeking solutions and the truth. It is not about hyperbole and emotion and I honestly don't give a crap about what a 16 year old kid thinks on this topic. She has never had any rigorous scientific education. She has never had to sit through a year of chemistry or physics or meteorology . She is a high school kid where everything about the world was told to her and she did not learn from experience.

For everyone who thinks that life is so fragile just doesn't understand how damn resilient it truly is. I live in part of the country now where at the turn of the century in the 1900s we stripped the land and logged it. We screwed up watersheds , scraped entire mountainsides here in the Southern Appalachians. Yet after massive deforestation, unregulated logging, mining and arcane agricultural practices , the Smoky mountains are one of the most ecological diverse areas of eastern north America . There are more plants and salamander species here than anywhere else in the east. Yet, Greta and other scientist want me to disregard all that I was taught , the scientific method, observations and such just buy their conclusions Hook line and sinker? I am supposed to believe raising the mean global temperature by . 9 to 1.5 degrees centigrade is going to cause ecological collapse? Yet, some how 100 years ago , there was true ecological destruction here where I live and the forests, streams and rivers recovered. Huh, weird. Yet life can't figure out a 1 degree C temperature increase ?

Climate is dynamic , always has been and always will be. Time can do what ever it wants. The President can mock who ever he wants. Neither actually impact my life. Trump does because of taxes and stuff, Greta , what ever.

Time Magazine Person of the Year has never been about 'best' or 'leadership' ... but it's always been about controversy, and 'who is everyone talking about?'

That's why she's a good pick ... just like Hitler too. And in the same regard, much like Hitler, she's not solving much, just blaming.
The official mandate for POY is the selection of someone who "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year". By their own criteria, how has she influenced events of the year more than the Hong Kong protesters or the phony impeachment whistleblower?

Just when she was on her way back to obscurity like her attention-seeking predecessor David Hogg, now we've got to listen to this entitled little tw@t for years and possibly decades to come. At least the Nobel committee eventually came to their senses before it was too late.

Here’s our Person of the Year invoking the rhetoric of totalitarians who used the firing line for their political opponents. So brave!

“We will make sure we put them against the wall and that they will have to do their job.”

She is no scientist, and she is only repeating what her handlers tell her to do. Nothing more than a puppet for the idiot left.

Jesus, it's a frickin' MAGAZINE cover for crying out loud!

I've never seen so many adult men so bent out of shape about a kid being named TIME's 'Person of the Year.' You'd think from the overreaction here that this was something more than about selling magazines.

Jesus, it's a frickin' MAGAZINE cover for crying out loud!

I've never seen so many adult men so bent out of shape about a kid being named TIME's 'Person of the Year.' You'd think from the overreaction here that this was something more than about selling magazines.

lol stfu already

Reactions: UCFBS
By the time this kid is 21 she will be hooked on 12 different drugs and going through a string of horrible relationships. You know, just like all the other child actors out there.

Expect to see her on celebrity reality TV shows within a decade.

By the time this kid is 21 she will be hooked on 12 different drugs and going through a string of horrible relationships. You know, just like all the other child actors out there.

Expect to see her on celebrity reality TV shows within a decade.

How daaaare you!

Person of the Year now trying to lie about conditions on German trains, not knowing said German train won’t put up with her shit and lying, and reminds world that she and her wealthy activist friends are traveling in first class

[roll]

The irony of being Time magazine Person of the Year is how many trees were cut down to produce the 26 million magazine print editions claimed. I would have thought she would have refused this accolade in this type of media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT