ADVERTISEMENT

Timeout chair

Frankly, the "handful of people" you've mentioned should be banned so the rest of us can actually engage in civil and respectful debates here.

Yes, political discussions can sometimes get heated but the behavior we've been witnessing here is completely unacceptable by any message board standard.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
Frankly, the "handful of people" you've mentioned should be banned so the rest of us can actually engage in civil and respectful debates here.

Yes, political discussions can sometimes get heated but the behavior we've been witnessing here is completely unacceptable by any message board standard.
Just so I’m clear, are they people you agree with or disagree with?

So that you can spew your opinion without anyone to check you? Unreal. I responded to your nonsense in a reasoned manner and you immediately bitch and whine for a ban? Pathetic

So that you can spew your opinion without anyone to check you? Unreal. I responded to your nonsense in a reasoned manner and you immediately bitch and whine for a ban? Pathetic

If I had a dollar for every insult you hurled at various posters over the past weekend, I'd be a rich guy. This board is about discussing ideas, not seeing how nasty you can be towards other posters.

Grow up.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I just brought this over from the otber board because I didn't want 85 turding everything up over there, too.

Why do you keep repeating this phrase, that you "go to places I lie about going?" I've never lied about going anywhere. If you're going to try to insult me, at least try to make it something good. I'm not like you. I don't feel the need to lie on a message board. My penis is small, and I'm okay with it.

...and don't act like you're so awesome abandoning your wife with a newborn while you sell weapons to third-world despots. You're pretty much scum.

Moderator- this disturbed person is making heinous and vile attacks against me. He has involved me in an attack post he made on me from the Dungeon.

@BG_Knightmare honestly if you review @chemmie posting record you will see that he’s unfit for this board and cannot handle it.

The post above is reason enough to ban @chemmie for at least one month

@BG_Knightmare in the new more respectful WC, there is surely no room for people like @chemmie who just made a vile personal attack on me

That is one of the more disgusting posts of the year

When does @chemmie get his long due ban?

Chemmie is going to get his toadstool slapped but is he wrong? There's a lot to be unpacked in his post.

The little snowflake finally melted.

85 never answered my question before getting the mod to delete my post...

"Why do you keep repeating this phrase, that you "go to places I lie about going?" I've never lied about going anywhere. If you're going to try to insult me, at least try to make it something good."

Ooooooooooohhhhh please share!!!!!!! Has he threatened to kill you yet like ninja always claims???????

No actually I was just asking if he was dishing Warnings to people like Chemmie who once again involved my personal family in a disgusting hate attack

He’s a touchy moderator

I would love to see posts engaging in thoughtful discourse without descending into a partisan diatribe. None have been banned for their political points of view despite what some would have you believe.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I would love to see posts engaging in thoughtful discourse without descending into a partisan diatribe. None have been banned for their political points of view despite what some would have you believe.
It's not even so much the partisan diatribe - that has pervaded since the dawn of differing ideology. It's the personal attacks, name-calling and general vile behavior from the people on both sides that is the problem. I realize the WC (and now the Dungeon for that matter) are not unique in this regard, but something has to be done. That's why I advocated for a timeout chair. Give these people a week or so to cool off and then maybe they'll get the picture. I'm not here to tell anyone how to live, but this type of conflict and back-and-forth is unhealthy for the engaged parties. I don't understand why one can't simply ignore when they disagree or feel like they've been personally attacked. I can assure you that a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of minds/viewpoints have actually been changed from message board debate. You're better off just picking up your ball and going home then engaging in meaningless debate that devolves into personal insults on a friggin' message board.

It's gotten so bad that I'm ready to move on from here. I can hardly open a thread anymore without having to wade through insults. It's childish at best, but really it's just sad.

It's not even so much the partisan diatribe - that has pervaded since the dawn of differing ideology. It's the personal attacks, name-calling and general vile behavior from the people on both sides that is the problem. I realize the WC (and now the Dungeon for that matter) are not unique in this regard, but something has to be done. That's why I advocated for a timeout chair. Give these people a week or so to cool off and then maybe they'll get the picture. I'm not here to tell anyone how to live, but this type of conflict and back-and-forth is unhealthy for the engaged parties. I don't understand why one can't simply ignore when they disagree or feel like they've been personally attacked. I can assure you that a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of minds/viewpoints have actually been changed from message board debate. You're better off just picking up your ball and going home then engaging in meaningless debate that devolves into personal insults on a friggin' message board.

It's gotten so bad that I'm ready to move on from here. I can hardly open a thread anymore without having to wade through insults. It's childish at best, but really it's just sad.
ninja should be the first person banned. i think his only reason for being here is to personally insult people. not that i would notice, i have him on ignore. of course he has at least 1 burner account he has created to skirt that.

This is even funnier because 85 used to have people on ignore, but he couldn't control himself and un-ignored, and now he is begging for people to be banned and have their posts deleted.

...it is pretty obvious who the problem is.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
This is even funnier because 85 used to have people on ignore, but he couldn't control himself and un-ignored, and now he is begging for people to be banned and have their posts deleted.

...it is pretty obvious who the problem is.

You do realize that you have long contributed to making this a truly toxic board, yes? Unlike most everyone else, you have routinely involved people's families and personal lives here to take disgusting pot shots, and you routinely launch pre-emptive uncalled for personal attacks even in the Dungeon.

In what reality do you find it ok to use a person's family to earn a personal attack on a message board? Are you that deranged that this seems acceptable to you?

I took you off ignore since I thought you were ready to be at least half way civil and tone down your extreme rhetoric but that hasn't happened.

You do realize that you have long contributed to making this a truly toxic board, yes? Unlike most everyone else, you have routinely involved people's families and personal lives here to take disgusting pot shots, and you routinely launch pre-emptive uncalled for personal attacks even in the Dungeon.

In what reality do you find it ok to use a person's family to earn a personal attack on a message board? Are you that deranged that this seems acceptable to you?

I took you off ignore since I thought you were ready to be at least half way civil and tone down your extreme rhetoric but that hasn't happened.

When have I ever said anything disgusting or hateful, or when have I "attacked" anyone other than you? You are lying again.

When have I ever said anything disgusting or hateful, or when have I "attacked" anyone other than you? You are lying again.

Ok, so you're admitting to harassment and personal attacks. A board violation.

You need a timeout or outright ban.

Good grief. Really, how hard is it to engage in an actual debate without resorting to personal attacks? This is an anonymous message board for crying out loud. Grow up!!!

Ive been called all sorts of things here. Still cant see any reason to ban someone.

This board is what it is: a place where people come to fight. Big friggin whoop. As long as it doesnt spill over into the other boards then its serving its purpose.

Ive been called all sorts of things here. Still cant see any reason to ban someone.

This board is what it is: a place where people come to fight. Big friggin whoop. As long as it doesnt spill over into the other boards then its serving its purpose.
That's what you see it as because you weren't around in the golden age.

Lordy, What a bunch of cry babies. Joe goes after me all the time, I may think he is an well educated idiot, but don't want him banned, I think chemmie will have to grow up to achieve man child status, but I don't want him banned either. FC is FC and his brain clearly is FC'd up, but I don't want him banned. So round up your balls put em back in the brass monkey and man up for a while.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I am fully in support of a permaban on the redice and knightsagainstblmandzog accounts. Would be nice to keep the members that keep creating troll accounts like that from just creating new ones as well.

I am fully in support of a permaban on the redice and knightsagainstblmandzog accounts. Would be nice to keep the members that keep creating troll accounts like that from just creating new ones as well.
in fact, i would go one step further. consider banning their IP addresses as well.

They both actually need to go. What they post is unacceptable.

in fact, i would go one step further. consider banning their IP addresses as well.

There's more than them actually. Several accounts have popped up where their 1st post is on this board, and surprise, surprise - they all come across as the evil right wingers that liberals seem to dream of.

I'd love an IP check because I can almost assure you these are FC troll accounts.

There's more than them actually. Several accounts have popped up where their 1st post is on this board, and surprise, surprise - they all come across as the evil right wingers that liberals seem to dream of.

I'd love an IP check because I can almost assure you these are FC troll accounts.
I welcome it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT