ADVERTISEMENT

Timmy McClain

I don't know why everyone seems to hate the idea of a 2 QB system. Everyone makes a big deal about how it's hard to prepare when you don't know which QB is going to start for the other team. Why not throw that wrench into the opponent's preparation every week?

(And no, I'm not talking about Wimbush/Gatewood coming in to run the wildcat. I'm talking about actual QB play).

I'm sure I'll get roasted below, but it's Thursday, and I'd love to hear about anything other than Baylor.

Plumlee will start again, however, unless he changes his style of play odds are McClain will be needed to come back anyways.

Reactions: Yaes
Timmy is definitely a good option to have as a backup. Without him we would not have been in the last two games without JRP. Think transition this year and losing sucks so team needs to continue to tighten things up across the board.

One thing to remember in 2016, Justin Holman and Nick Patti was identified as experienced QBs that gave the team the best chance to win. Scott Frost then decided to hand over the position to true freshman Milton.

Seemed to work out well.

I’ve seen enough of JRP to know he can’t make some of the throws Timmy can. JRP is a run-first QB, that while extremely athletic, has a history of both injury and turnovers against weaker competition. Based off his history, there is absolutely no way of knowing that we would have been more competitive in these last two games with JRP at QB.

With that, and given that Timmy has two more years of eligibility after this year, just play Timmy. The team will be better for it, especially next year, assuming Gus doesn’t chase off ANOTHER talented QB.
yep Gus but risks another portal entry for a QB that is more than serviceable w no guarantee he would have success attracting a better portal entry

But it seems he is going back to his Mississippi favorite Son at Kansas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT