ADVERTISEMENT

To all the Keene haters...

I’m more worried about other offensive talent transferring if JRP is starting next year. We have too much offensive talent to have a one man running offense. That will beat average teams, but smart coaches will hold JRP in check and force him to pass. That’s where the offense broke down and MK came in. JRP should be a receiver who runs the wild Knight formation and is the backup QB.

I can’t blame MK for anything. The four loses have been to Tulane, ECU, Navy and Louisville l. I want no part of any team we could have faced in the cotton bowl as long Gus is coach.

Also, I doubt MK would have been on the sideline if he was mad at his situation and set on transferring, but if he does it’s his career he has to protect. Why waste a redshirt and another year sitting behind a QB whose talents don’t make the team better. JRP is a very talented athlete, nothing against him.

Keene got selfish this era of NCAA redshirt don't mean shit unless for injury. Dude turned his back on the team, fans, and University. His bullshit stance definitely exceeds sock boys transfer last year.
WTF is this drivel? He played all-out in 4 games risking injury instead of bailing on us in August. He fulfilled his end of the deal. So did Gus. What Socko did was WAY worse, he refused to play even though he could have gotten a redshirt or a medical waiver. We sure have some stupid "fans" on this board at times.

He played all-out in 4 games risking injury instead of bailing on us in August. He fulfilled his end of the deal.
What in the f of what what? We all risk injury driving to work every day. Stupidest take in history.

He will always be a punk ass birch for this punk ass birch move. Anyone that ever touched a toe on a competitive athletic team sees exactly what his punk ass birch did.

What in the f of what what? We all risk injury driving to work every day. Stupidest take in history.

He will always be a punk ass birch for this punk ass birch move. Anyone that ever touched a toe on a competitive athletic team sees exactly what his punk ass birch did.

Why weren't you b*thing that Keene wasn't playing the FIRST SIX GAMES???

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

. Hindsight, Since we lost conference championship game, had to burn TC reshurt, Keene should have gotten no snaps this year. Malzahn helped him out by letting him play and he came back to selfishness. I don’t want guys like that as teammates. Get out of here and thanks for your selfishness during UCF’s biggest game and causing your teammate to burn his redshirt

Reactions: U C to the F
. Hindsight, Since we lost conference championship game, had to burn TC reshurt, Keene should have gotten no snaps this year. Malzahn helped him out by letting him play and he came back to selfishness. I don’t want guys like that as teammates. Get out of here and thanks for your selfishness during UCF’s biggest game and causing your teammate to burn his redshirt
Even bigger, maybe Gus rolls with him because Plumlee is beat up, but couldn’t. Maybe Mikey plays half or more of the game because Plumlee was gimpy. I mean, if it was some schlub bowl that doesn’t matter hardly anyone would have cared about his decision. This is everything you play for as a player…conference titles.

Are you suggesting he would have started? Or are you suggesting he should have made himself available once again over Gus’s continued refusal to start him. You’re saying he should have put A coach who has repeatedly exhibited disloyalty to him since he won the off season competition when measured by performance, and sacrifice his own eligibility? Insane.
So disloyalty deserves disloyalty. Guess that's a winning spirit. Gee, wonder if any future coach thinks about that. Hmmmm. Sometimes, YOU have to be the adult.

Probably far too many too young to remember, but there was at least 1 QB that willingly burned his redlshirt to get on the damn UCF field, in our lowly pre 1-A years.

But hell, he better transfer if the locker room is anything close to the mood of the fans.

Keene was not selfish. He made it clear to the team at the beginning of the season of his actions. He was open and honest.

If Keene is wrong for transferring then so is half our team that are transfers.

We have a stable of RBs and our QB is the leading runner. We have 3 elite WR and our QB throws 63%. Everything pointed to starting Keene but Gus committed to the wrong QB this team needed.

The core of the problem is Gus picked what best fit HIS OFFENSE not what OUR TEAM offers!

Last edited:
Keene was not selfish. He made it clear to the team at the beginning of the season of his actions. He was open and honest.

If Keene is wrong for transferring then so is half our team that are transfers.

We have a stable of RBs and our QB is the leading runner. We have 3 elite WR and our QB throws 63%. Everything pointed to starting Keene but Gus committed to the wrong QB this team needed.

The core of the problem is Gus picked what best fit HIS OFFENSE not what OUR TEAM offers!
Open and honest when he said "lets go win a championship"

You have a distorted sense of honesty.

Open and honest when he said "lets go win a championship"

You have a distorted sense of honesty.

I will be the voice of reason here. Keene made that statement probably not knowing that players in the transfer portal cannot play for their respective teams. That is a new rule that was instituted when the new transfer windows were established. Prior to this year players who were in the portal could play.

Basically when Keene found out (probably from Gus) that he would be ineligible to play in the Cotton Bowl, he said 'f*ck it.'

Last edited:
Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
This argument ends when we find a guy that makes it obvious there is no 1a and 1b at QB. That's what we really need to find.
Exactly. Gus called running plays and passing plays. Need a QB who can do both well and sees the WRs down field so he can get them the ball whether he is throwing to a spot or just has good timing with the WRs.

Exhibit A for a moronic idiot.....and mix in some spelling bitch

How bad a driver are you anyway? For even marginal drivers, the risk of injury is FAR less than a college football player.

Lol at people being pissed at a kid looking out for himself when he was just being used by Gus. Garbage defense lost the title game not who did or didn’t play qb.
Nobody was used, both sides benefitted since Keene did not get injured.

I will be the voice of reason here. Keene made that statement probably not knowing that players in the transfer portal cannot play for their respective teams. That is a new rule that was instituted when the new transfer windows were established. Prior to this year players who were in the portal could play.

Basically when Keene found out (probably from Gus) that he would be ineligible to play in the Cotton Bowl, he said 'f*ck it.'
Wrong.....yes he lied as I'm pretty confident Gus asked him to. Smart guy, sure he knew the rules.

Ultimately, it’s not Gus’s fault or Mikey’s fault. It’s the ugly reality of the transfer portal and NIL. Those of you supporting Keene’s decision 100% are making an argument that would apply to every backup QB in the country who thinks they should be the starter. It practically eliminates the concept of a reliable backup QB. If I’m not the starter, why should I play if there’s a chance it would limit my options at the next stop? How many backup QBs think the coach made the right decision picking the other guy? Only one guy can start. But in today’s world of college football you just transfer rather than commit to being that guy who comes in when the team needs you no matter what.
Not many backup QBs get much playing time unless the starter is injured or his team is so far ahead he comes in for mopup. Most backup QBs are never asked to do what MK was asked to do in both his first and second year. There would have been fewer wins in both seasons without MK and any one being fair knows that. I still blame a lot of all this on Gus who has an offense he wants to run whether he has the players to be successful or not. He doesn't seem to really adapt to the strengths of the talent he has. Let's face it, his offense that relies solely on a running QB is very old school, and, imo, the kind of QB he needs is a rare commodity.

Reactions: 90Knight
golesh recruited keene out of HS right? hmmmm
It was Halzle who we all suspected had a side piece in Arizona since he kept recruiting NGE Arizona QBs. Our recruiting and development (more specifically) under Huepel was so bad, this is why we are where we are currently.

It was Halzle who we all suspected had a side piece in Arizona since he kept recruiting NGE Arizona QBs. Our recruiting and development (more specifically) under Huepel was so bad, this is why we are where we are currently.
And kickers.

Maybe my last post on Keene. Looks like playing his 4 games and risking injury worked out for him. He is currently tied for 10th for QBs in the transfer portal rankings at 0.89 (the same grade JP had last year), and ranked ahead of these guys:

Cade McNamara
Drew Pyne
Graham Mertz
Haynes King
Jack Tuttle

Not bad, not bad at all……

Reactions: PhDee and Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT