ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Elliot?

Lucky for them and us, clemson and dabo look pretty stable

Bama fans assume they'll get Dabo when Saban is done, and I don't see Saban leaving Bama any time soon.

Of course if there's a sex scandal or a 5-7 season, coaching changes could accelerate at either of those programs

Played at Clemson so if hired, here's hoping Clemson doesn't come vacant soon.
He played at Clemson and is now one step down from top guy at Clemson. So he's "been there, done that" as a player and coach. Can't see them pulling the heart strings to "call him home"

I'll believe rumors when we have official word. But to be honest I hope we get something done this week, we can't waste time.

I would take Tony Elliot over Sumlin. Tony Elliot offense proven. Sumlin has regressed a bit

I like Elliot great story the guy is focused on the players. He seems like he could be a good outside the box pickup. He took over as OC at Clemson when Chad Morris left :sunglasses:

a Florida HS guy praised him in the comments, seems well liked in recruiting circles in Florida

Last edited:
No but they guy has to have experience and believe in the type of system we are set up to run.

That wasn't the point. We asked and continue to ask about every candidate "how much was he calling plays?" The next guy may have never called plays and won't again. DW flat said it doesn't have to be an offensive coach.

That wasn't the point. We asked and continue to ask about every candidate "how much was he calling plays?" The next guy may have never called plays and won't again. DW flat said it doesn't have to be an offensive coach.
Danny White pretty much said in his presser he wants to keep the offensive mind model

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

And it's a fair question to ask to assess a guy's qualifications considering the player make up we have. Would also be a valid question for a defensive guy if we were looking in that direction.

Irrelevant to football, but him graduating from Clemson with an industrial engineering degree (according to Wikipedia) is quite impressive.

The rest of the engineering disciplines typically look down upon industrial engineering, just sayin

Lol jk... kind of

Yeah but that's just pedantic nerdy engineering line of thinking. Walk on football player, graduates with somewhat impressive degree (Tebow got a degree in what, family studies?) with a respectable GPA. That's a smart guy on paper. I'm just saying that certainly adds to his resume as a coach and I know DW and our admin really holds that in high esteem. It's why it would be unlikely for a clown like Kiffin to show up here no matter how good he is (for better or worse that is on our *football* program)

remember this about Dabo....one school put him out of coaching....Alabama...one school gave him a chance when no one else ever would have.....yeah....you know

Tony Elliott story....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT