ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 losses this week

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
I think we’ll see at least one top 10 team trip up, hopefully 2 or 3. Here are the potential losses:

3 Notre Dame @ 12 Syracuse
7 West Virginia @ Oklahoma St
Arizona @ 8 Washington St
10 Ohio St @ Maryland

I think UCF would jump WV, Wazzou, and OSU. Notre Dame would stay ahead of us (for now) and Syracuse would prob leap us.

Syracuse is gonna beat notre dame I think. notre dame has regressed since the Michigan win.

I still think the best long term solution for us is:

- GA beats Bama in the SEC championship game and they both go to the playoff like last year
- Notre Dame wins out and gets in
- Clemson gets bumped off by Pitt in the ACC championship

This would put 2 SEC teams in plus Notre Dame, effectively shutting 3 Power Five conferences out of the playoff. I just threw the Clemson thing in there for fun. Last slot still probably Clemson or Michigan.

Finally might be a conversation about a greater than 4 team playoff.

I'm in the minority that thinks the committee will not put in a team that lost their conference championship game. I know it's stupid, but for some reason I think they believe losing your division is ok, but losing in the last week of the season is not.

We need to win our game this Saturday before we get to looking around for teams to lose in front of us. I personally don't think we can make the College Football Invitational even if we do win out, but if we can win this weekend against Cinci it will be interesting to see what happens if any of the top 10 lose.

JWB! I want to go to the Fiesta Bowl!

That’s all I care about and that’s our best attainable goal

I think we’ll see at least one top 10 team trip up, hopefully 2 or 3. Here are the potential losses:

3 Notre Dame @ 12 Syracuse
7 West Virginia @ Oklahoma St
Arizona @ 8 Washington St
10 Ohio St @ Maryland

I think UCF would jump WV, Wazzou, and OSU. Notre Dame would stay ahead of us (for now) and Syracuse would prob leap us.
It would be awesome to see Ohio State lose at Maryland. Herbie might not be able to do any TV time for the rest of the day.

Syracuse beating ND is very bad for us. We get jumped by Syracuse and ND won't fall below us.

WVU losing to Oklahoma ST and then beating OU is the best outcome for us.
And then OU winning the conference titIe game, thus completely eliminating the Big 12 .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT