ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Rankings prediction

KnightNite

Bronze Knight
Sep 25, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm probably wrong, but this is how I see it shake out. Although it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them keep Michigan or put a 3-loss team ahead of us. They will use the MM injury as justification. Let's hear your guesses.
  1. Bama
  2. Clemson
  3. ND
  4. Georgia
  5. OSU
  6. Oklahoma
  7. UCF
  8. Michigan
  9. Florida
  10. Penn State

I think your not far off. I’m curious where the committee places Ohio State, they clearly felt we were the better team last week with the rankings. We go on to beat our opponent this week by 28 while they take down the #4 ranked team. I hope they don’t forget how Purdue took them down badly.

The committee should only consider what happens on the field and not speculate how we will perform without KZ. Once he was out we still rolled over USF with an impressive rushing attack and defense continues to improve.

All this is sour grapes, thoughts still with KZ.

Reactions: Vike Knight
Conservative we move up to 8. In one of the pre-CFI polls, one of them moves us up to 5 or 6? I just hope we can get some AP voters to unite together for the UCF cause (if Mac attack can win out).

Reactions: Shark19
Ohio State probably should jump us. Michigan is clearly better than USF. That was an impressive win.

Reactions: Lurky
I think we'll be #7. A win against Memphis would move us to 6 or 5 and there's the ceiling unless Clemson, Ohio State and OU all pick up a L.

Bama, Clemson, ND, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio St., UCF, Michigan, UF, Penn State

Hail Pitt! Hook 'em Horns! Go U Northwestern!

Reactions: Vike Knight
Michigan will still be ahead of us. Just like 2 loss LSU was ahead of us this past week

Not after that curb stomping.
A two loss LSU, lost 28-0 to Bama, and has been ranked ahead of UCF for weeks now. Michigan will be at 7, with two losses. The committee will put us 8 and say they have to take MM injury into account

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
LSU won’t be ranked ahead of us anymore...only rankings that matter come out at NOON on 12/2......JWB!!!!!!
CHARGE ON

Reactions: Mikesi
We really should be #4, zero loses should have some meaning. Loses by FAU, SMU and SC State didn't help yesterday, that would've been 3 more teams .500 or better, Pitt losing also stinks. Oklahoma has a loss, their best win is a now 3 loss WVU and the rest are a bunch of 6 or 7 win Big 12 teams, not a lot of good wins. Georgia got stomped by 20 to a 3 loss LSU, their best win is Florida, the committee might make Florida look good in the rankings but we know they aren't a top 10 team, then they have a bunch of average wins as well. Ohio State has the worst loss, before the Michigan win their best win was PSU then a bunch of 6-7 win average Big 10 teams.

We don't have as good a win as those 3, Cincinnati would give UF, Michigan and WVU a challenge but might be a step behind but still a good win for us. So if the committee is till handing out a Mulligan for a loss we are screwed. Would suspect Alabama gets one if it loses to Georgia and Clemson would still be ahead of us if they lose to Pitt who we smoked. They should just call it the ESPN recruiting rankings + NFL draft picks invitational because win/loss records aren't as important.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
LSU gets credit for "P5" membership and hanging in for 7 OTs.

We are held back by Milton loss.

We can go no higher than 8.

And I couldn't care less. Thoughts are with Milton. Hope our guy is comfortable and has everything he needs.

I thought those wanting Ohio St to win earlier this week were completely nuts. Anyone thinking Ohio St doesn't jump us with the win has no idea how little the committee thinks of UCF. The win could have been by 1 and they'd jump us. A win over #4 annihilates a win over a #25 and "bad SOS" and eye test i.e. biased opinion.

I thought those wanting Ohio St to win earlier this week were completely nuts. Anyone thinking Ohio St doesn't jump us with the win has no idea how little the committee thinks of UCF. The win could have been by 1 and they'd jump us. A win over #4 annihilates a win over a #25 and "bad SOS" and eye test i.e. biased opinion.
Didn't you just say Ohio State had no chance at jumping us?....like 2 days ago?
We should have jumped Ohio State last week and now they should jump us

Why is that so difficult of a concept to grasp? I never said that if they beat Michigan that they wouldn’t jump us. Additionally, Milton is out, so there’s another variable thrown into this mess

The committee now sees OSU at “back to form”
after destroying the #4 team. That’s how this game works. Are they better than us on a neutral field? With Milton, I say no.

What anyone wishes to happen in a game has
no bearing on an outcome. That’s scientifically proven. Just wanted to prove that the committee wasn’t TOTALLY out to get us

Last edited:
Didn't you just say Ohio State had no chance at jumping us?....like 2 days ago?
Go back and pull up the post, since that’s what you love to do. You can get off on it. Love to call people out on things loser. 2 days ago was Black Friday. Duh!!!!

While you’re at it, since you love posting history, pull up all your posts bashing our military

Yeah, but two days ago no one had any idea OSU would put up 60+ and win by 30.....statement win, going to the invitational
I think that even with a close win that they would jump us. If Michigan would have won, then they would obviously be behind us.

Either way, one of them is ahead of us and they would drop behind us with a Northwestern win

We're going to move up 2 to #7. Michigan is DONE. They are not even playing in a CCG. Realistically, the top 7 below are still in play for CFP.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
7. UCF
8. Michigan
9. Florida
10. Penn State

It’s kind of scary. If we win and OSU, Oklahoma and Clemson lose, we are probably in

However 2/3 are not happening. The odds of Pittsburgh beating Clemson are very very slim

Most likely OSU beats Northwestern

Not sure why the media is saying it’s impossible

It takes a miracle, but it’s not impossible

Last edited:
Reactions: Boston.Knight
We need UGA, OU and OSU to all lose, and of course we win bigly. Just might grab that #4 spot.

Northwestern upsetting OSU would be stellar. The thing we have going for us is that OSU has been inconsistent.

It’s kind of scary. If we win and OSU, Oklahoma and Clemson lose, we are probably in

However 2/3 are not happening. The odds of Pittsburgh beating Clemson are very very slim

Most likely OSU beats Northwestern

After Pitt's game yesterday, I give them near 0 shot at beating Clemson. The line on that game should be 24.

We need UGA, OU and OSU to all lose, and of course we win bigly. Just might grab that #4 spot.

Northwestern upsetting OSU would be stellar. The thing we have going for us is that OSU has been inconsistent.
We probably will not jump Georgia If they lose

It’s to Alabama and expected

The other angle besides Clemson losing is the UGA/Bama game. It's all about "style points".

Tough to put a two loss UGA squad that got blown out by Bama and LSU in the mix for national championship. LSU a team probably out of the top 10. Not to mention the crookery of having 3 SEC teams in the mix. It may be just what we need though to get this stupid 4 team playoff system fixed. Everyone will see how broken and corrupt it really is.

If we blowout Memphis, the public outcry (and the overlords at ABC) will be too
much in UCF's favor.

The other angle besides Clemson losing is the UGA/Bama game. It's all about "style points".

Tough to put a two loss UGA squad that got blown out by Bama and LSU in the mix for national championship. LSU a team probably out of the top 10. Not to mention the crookery of having 3 SEC teams in the mix. It may be just what we need though to get this stupid 4 team playoff system fixed. Everyone will see what it is. A corrupt money machine for SEC.

If we blowout Memphis, the public outcry (and the overlords at ABC) will be too
much in UCF's favor.
True. We need a blowout and one from Alabama

That’s one scenario. Just can’t see a Pittsburgh upset. I’ve watched Clemson. They completely shut down one dimensional running teams

IF UGA WIns:
1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. Notre Dame
4. Bama

Bama vrs Clemson Orange
UGA vrs ND Cotton

Sugar: Florida vrs Oklahoma (SEC/Big 12 Tie in)
Rose: Ohio State vrs Washington/Utah (Big 10/PAC12 Tie In)
Peach: LSU vrs Michigan or Penn State
Fiesta: UCF vrs Michigan or Penn State

I think this scenario precludes UCF playing LSU b/c both Michigan & PSU would be in the Top 12.
---------------------------------

IF BAMA Wins & OU Wins (I believe the OU win over TX would be > tOSU > NW)

Bama vrs OU Orange
Clemson vrs ND Cotton

Sugar: Georgia vrs Penn State
Rose: Ohio State vrs Washington/Utah
Peach: LSU vrs Michigan
Fiesta: UCF vrs UF (dumb, the Peach & Fiesta should flip, but whatever)

-------------------------------
IF BAMA Wins & tOSU Win, but OU loses:

Bama vrs tOSU Orange
Clemson vrs ND Cotton

Sugar: Georgia vrs Texas
Rose: Michigan vrs Washington/Utah
Peach: LSU vrs Oklahoma
Fiesta: UCF vrs UF

--------------------------------

IF BAMA Wins, but both OU & tOSU loses

Bama vrs UCF Cotton
Clemson vrs ND Orange

Sugar: Georgia vrs Texas
Rose: Northwestern vrs Washington/Utah
Fiesta:Oklahoma vrs Ohio State
Peach: LSU vrs Michigan
--------------------------------

Not a bad slate of games. In all possibilities looks like UCF can avoid OU because in the 4 team combinations for the Peach/Fiesta most scenarios have 2 of the 4 teams being from the same conference.

Don't care about the biased CFI rankins anymore. Do care about the unbiased Colley Matrix rankings. UCF could move up to #5 this week, and into the CM Top 4 after beating Memphis. Top 4 means UCF was left out of a unbiased playoff, and I will be claiming a natty.

So UGA loses and stays at #4 and has a rematch with Bama in the playoff?
If they are dumb enough to do this it will really piss off several P5 schools and conferences and push for an 8 team playoff. They won't do that, also they've yet to put a 2-loss team in.

So UGA loses and stays at #4 and has a rematch with Bama in the playoff?
If they are dumb enough to do this it will really piss off several P5 schools and conferences and push for an 8 team playoff. They won't do that, also they've yet to put a 2-loss team in.
Agreed, If it’s a close loss, they may put Georgia outside the top 4, but ahead of us. So many other variables

I'm probably wrong, but this is how I see it shake out. Although it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them keep Michigan or put a 3-loss team ahead of us. They will use the MM injury as justification. Let's hear your guesses.
  1. Bama
  2. Clemson
  3. ND
  4. Georgia
  5. OSU
  6. Oklahoma
  7. UCF
  8. Michigan
  9. Florida
  10. Penn State

I heard someone on the committee say that a team won't be penalized for a game that hasn't been played. Only the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT