ADVERTISEMENT

Traffic, Parking & Security Lines issues for tonight

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Rush Hour traffic on campus (so many local residents use UCF streets as shortcuts) is always pretty busy...add in a soldout softball game vs FSU (5:30 pm first pitch), a soldout basketball game plus probably more than a few extras hoping to scalp some tickets tonight...AND regular Wed Class schedule...traffic between 5:30 - 7:00 pm might get a bit crazy.
Not sure UCF will be getting extra metal detectors for tonight's game (yes, for those that haven't been to a basketball game yet, fans must go thru metal detector and purse/bag check first), lines to just get in the arena (after dealing with traffic/parking issues), might be LONG.

Give yourself plenty of time...no harm getting anywhere too early.

Is it too late requesting canceling evening classes and/or allowing weekday tailgating before the game?
If any Athletic Department folks lurking here, pleeeze go for it.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Is it too late requesting canceling evening classes and/or allowing weekday tailgating before the game?
If any Athletic Department folks lurking here, pleeeze go for it.

Probably (officially) but I hope some Profs give their students tonight off and or extra day to watch via online so they can watch or go to game tonight.

Rush Hour traffic on campus (so many local residents use UCF streets as shortcuts) is always pretty busy...add in a soldout softball game vs FSU (5:30 pm first pitch), a soldout basketball game plus probably more than a few extras hoping to scalp some tickets tonight...AND regular Wed Class schedule...traffic between 5:30 - 7:00 pm might get a bit crazy.
Not sure UCF will be getting extra metal detectors for tonight's game (yes, for those that haven't been to a basketball game yet, fans must go thru metal detector and purse/bag check first), lines to just get in the arena (after dealing with traffic/parking issues), might be LONG.

Give yourself plenty of time...no harm getting anywhere too early.
I'm leaving work early. I'm so nervous I may need some xanax!

Probably (officially) but I hope some Profs give their students tonight off and or extra day to watch via online so they can watch or go to game tonight.
Fan supply kit: black UCF shirt, panic pills, Jersey Mike's sub (you can use the inside door to walk directly into the area). And for newbies, no need to "silence your devices" because nobody will hear them, even you.

Fan supply kit: black UCF shirt, panic pills, Jersey Mike's sub (you can use the inside door to walk directly into the area). And for newbies, no need to "silence your devices" because nobody will hear them, even you.

It's a Jimmy Johns ( which is better than Jersey Mike's ;) ) and they don't allow people into the arena anymore through that entrance. Everyone is forced through the front now b/c of the metal detectors.

It's a Jimmy John's and they don't allow people into the arena anymore through that entrance. Everyone is forced through the front now b/c of the metal detectors.
Shucks! All the folks around us always had big messy subs. We did once, too. I guess the security scanners can't distinguish between jalapenos and ammo.

Shucks! All the folks around us always had big messy subs. We did once, too. I guess the security scanners can't distinguish between jalapenos and ammo.
Lol. You can bring Jimmy Johns into the arena, you just have to walk around to the front to enter the building. Jimmy Johns is the only outside food allowed in.

Reactions: UCFProf
Yes, the line to get a craft beer at Burger-U will be insane. LOL. Wish I was going. Watching on DVR after 10pm tonight, so I'll be off social media until then. Go Knights!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT