ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Williams New DC

???????????? Because he is getting paid. If he refuses a new UCF assignment, then he is opting out of his contract - right? so we don't owe him anything. If we are going to pay him regardless, get him in a productive role is my point. Patrol the campus at 4 am every night to make sure football players aren't out making trouble. Anything.
Do you have some kind of inside info on the details of his contract? I think his contract having a clause saying that if he refuses a different assignment that he's breaching his contract is a pretty big assumption. His contract was based around him being the defensive coordinator for our team.

what incentive did CGM have after making 49 million from Auburn? if you love coaching then you will coach.
Are you serious?? You don't see the difference in Gus Malzahn taking a job that was the same position he was fired from at a different university, and Shannon remaining at the university that ostensibly just fired him, and taking a lesser job?

Do you have some kind of inside info on the details of his contract? I think his contract having a clause saying that if he refuses a different assignment that he's breaching his contract is a pretty big assumption. His contract was based around him being the defensive coordinator for our team.
sigh sheesh sigh. That's literally all I was asking in my original post. Does anyone know?

???????????? Because he is getting paid. If he refuses a new UCF assignment, then he is opting out of his contract - right? so we don't owe him anything. If we are going to pay him regardless, get him in a productive role is my point. Patrol the campus at 4 am every night to make sure football players aren't out making trouble. Anything.

This would not be a good move for UCF's long term image and interests.

Are you serious?? You don't see the difference in Gus Malzahn taking a job that was the same position he was fired from at a different university, and Shannon remaining at the university that ostensibly just fired him, and taking a lesser job?
I thought you meant take a lesser job as in go to another school as LB coach or something

Reactions: Colonel Mortimer
Pretty sure reassigning someone to a job that one would not want in hopes he quits, would have some ramifications. At the very least send a terrible message to other prospective coaches and anyone in the program that likes Shannon would find it incredibly disrespectful.

Pretty sure reassigning someone to a job that one would not want in hopes he quits, would have some ramifications. At the very least send a terrible message to other prospective coaches and anyone in the program that likes Shannon would find it incredibly disrespectful.
Plus sometimes it’s better to just pay the buyout or not accept a 2 week notice. People will mail it in and could sabotage on way out.

I like his energy during the press conference. Dissipointed in the questions asked related to the defense he is going to run. He answered multiple formations which is not uncommon. I want to know what base defense he is going to run. Did I miss it? 😎

So.....if we are paying him, why not keep him in some role instead of paying him to golf? Can UCF change his title/assignment while still honoring his contract?

There is an offset provision in his contract. Sure he can golf and collect a full paycheck but if he decides he is not ready to retire he can easily find a decent paying job and UCF would only be responsible for the difference in pay that is anything less than $1M

I like his energy during the press conference. Dissipointed in the questions asked related to the defense he is going to run. He answered multiple formations which is not uncommon. I want to know what base defense he is going to run. Did I miss it? 😎
Look at what UM ran. Most defenses are 4-3 so I’m guessing that.

Reactions: knight_tracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT