ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits Don Jr attempted to collude with the Russian government... but says he failed to do so.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
"Attempting a crime and being unsuccessful is not really a crime" is the spin I expect. Although I guess it could be "planning to receive stolen information isn't a crime." Or maybe I'll just get personally attacked for posting the presidents exact tweet. Let's wait a few posts and find out.

Why would they alert the FBI if no information of value was obtained? How is this different than the Steele dossier? Is the fact that the Trump tower meeting was known about via a FISA warrant authorized by Clinton collusion a crime? Is there proof that any money was used to obtain the information (that may not exist) by a foreign national?

IDK, but when Dershowitz says no crime was committed here I tend to believe him.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Why would they alert the FBI if no information of value was obtained? How is this different than the Steele dossier? Is the fact that the Trump tower meeting was known about via a FISA warrant authorized by Clinton collusion a crime? Is there proof that any money was used to obtain the information (that may not exist) by a foreign national?

IDK, but when Dershowitz says no crime was committed here I tend to believe him.
The steel dossier wasn't collusion with a foreign government. That's a lie repeated enough that people believe it now for some reason.

Steele is a private citizen working for a company that anyone can hire to investigate anything.

He is not a wing of the Russian government attempting to influence politics in their favor.

If you know someone is going to commit a crime and don't report it, you're a scumbag.

If you know someone's going to commit a crime and encourage them, it's a gray area.

If you know someone is going to commit a crime and you plan to receive stolen goods, it's conspiracy even if they don't go through with it.

If you know someone is going to commit a crime and you assist with the distribution of the stolen material you're guilty of the same crime.

We are just missing a few pieces of this to know for sure and my guess is that Mueller has them, which is why Trump is trying to get ahead of this today.

The steel dossier wasn't collusion with a foreign government. That's a lie repeated enough that people believe it now for some reason.

Steele is a private citizen working for a company that anyone can hire to investigate anything.

He is not a wing of the Russian government attempting to influence politics in their favor.

This is so weak it could be blown over by my desk fan. It has nothing to do with whether a foreign agent is working for a government, its whether a foreign agent is providing intrinsic value to a campaign. The trump campaign didnt pay for info, and they didnt get any. The Clinton campaign paid for it and perpetuated lies for the purpose of forwarding their campaign.

This is so weak it could be blown over by my desk fan. It has nothing to do with whether a foreign agent is working for a government, its whether a foreign agent is providing intrinsic value to a campaign. The trump campaign didnt pay for info, and they didnt get any. The Clinton campaign paid for it and perpetuated lies for the purpose of forwarding their campaign.
A campaign can pay for something and the net value provided is $0

A campaign can pay for something and the net value provided is $0

So is that a crime if they do? It seems from what I have read that the collusion laws are focused on what pacs can do and whether there is value to it. Just not understanding what exactly you are suggesting as far as illegal action goes.

u8c2tsufqae11.jpg

"Attempting a crime and being unsuccessful is not really a crime" is the spin I expect. Although I guess it could be "planning to receive stolen information isn't a crime." Or maybe I'll just get personally attacked for posting the presidents exact tweet. Let's wait a few posts and find out.

We all really do know this already. It just took some time before the idiot in chief opened up his pie trap. LOL. Lock-em all up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT