ADVERTISEMENT

Trump in North korea

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Surprised nobody mentioned this. It's remarkable that he is still trying diplomacy considering the left was so sure he was going to start ww3.

PRESIDENT TRUMP MAKES HISTORY, BECOMING FIRST PRESIDENT TO CROSS INTO NORTH KOREA
by Kevin Ryan

President Trump made history today, becoming the first sitting U.S. president to step into North Korea when he crossed the DMZ to meet with with Kim Jong Un. The two leaders then reached an agreement to restart stalled nuclear talks.

“Good to see you again,” Kim said, adding he would have “never expected” Trump “at this place.”

President Trump said that standing on North Korean soil was "an important statement for all."

“I think it’s historic, it’s a great day for the world,” Trump said.

Trump and Kim then met for nearly an hour at the Freedom House on the South Korean side of the DMZ, where the North Korean leader said he was “willing to put an end to the unfortunate past.”

Kim credited the “excellent relations between the two of us” for the development.

SOURCE: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/451044-trump-makes-history-crossing-into-north-korea-before-announcing

Surprised nobody mentioned this. It's remarkable that he is still trying diplomacy considering the left was so sure he was going to start ww3.
If you recall, Kim blasted SOS Mike Pompeo's involvement. Why you ask? Because it was Pompeo who at the last summit was the one 'holding NK's feet to the fire' by insisting there be actual actions instead of repeated promises.

Now we've got Kim kissing up to Trump again. Mark my words, Kim is setting it up so that during the next summit he can just meet one-on-one with Trump (pushing Pompeo out of the picture) and get him to agree to lift some of the sanctions in exchange for...more promises.

Last edited:
When conservatives do it then it's just towing the party line.
When has a conservative ever changed his or her view without it being a party line thing?

It's been my observation that that it's the only reason a Conservative ever changes his views. When Conservatives dramatically changed their views on executive power after the last election, are you telling me it had nothing to do with Trump being in the Chief Executive's chair instead of Obama?

When has a conservative ever changed his or her view without it being a party line thing?

It's been my observation that that it's the only reason a Conservative ever changes his views. When Conservatives dramatically changed their views on executive power after the last election, are you telling me it had nothing to do with Trump being in the Chief Executive's chair instead of Obama?
I’m sure you liked it better when Republicans rolled over and let Obama do whatever he wanted. Much better, I’m sure, than when one of them refused to play by the rules that Dems assigned to Republicans (how very Alinsky of them) and actually started playing by the Democrat’s playbook.

It's been my observation that conservatives have only been in favor of using executive action when it reverses earlier executive action. Yes, it's a little bit tit for tat, but it's at least somewhat excusable. That isn't changing or evolving your position 180 degrees like liberals in politics tend to do.

The closest thing to it on the right is the idea of tariffs. But I think you would be hard pressed to find someone on the right who has just made a total flip on that issue and went from being anti-tariff to completely pro-tariff. Some, if not all, will say that they are opposed to the idea in general but if it can be used as a threat to improve things then they are ok with it.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That isn't changing or evolving your position 180 degrees like liberals in politics tend to do.

Really? Hmmmm….let's see...
Once upon a time, Conservatives used to believe in the FREE MARKET, baby!!!
Now? It's screw the free market, we want tariffs.

Once upon a time, Conservatives used to be the biggest supporters of environmental protectionism.
Now? We don't need no stinkin' EPA.

Once upon a time, Conservatives were a reliable foe of Russia's autocratic leaders to the point of opposing any talks regarding arms control because Vladimir Putin "couldn't be trusted."
Now? Who cares what Russia does? Did they interfere in our Presidential elections? So what? Everybody does that stuff.

Once upon a time, Conservatives were all about gutting the Affordable Care Act, the backbone of which was covering people with pre-existing conditions who couldn't get insurance before.
Now? Republican politicians campaigned last fall telling their constituents they will "always defend" insurance covering pre-existing conditions.

Once upon a time, Conservatives were all about supporting our 9/11 responders.
Now? Getting Republicans to pass the original bill to address the impact of their support on their health -- as well as the subsequent reauthorization bill -- has been like pulling teeth. Why?

I could go on and on about Conservatives "evolving their position 180 degrees", but you get the picture.

I remember when Obama stated he wanted to try diplomacy and actually talk to NK, Fox news went at him hard talking about "How can he talk to Kim w/o "preconditions". Now I see Trump holding hands and making out with Kim on North Korea soil and Fox news is praising him for that.

Lefties make the incorrect assumption of thinking everyone must think and arrive at conclusions the same way they do.

They think that because they wait to be told what to think from their favorite news programs, everyone must do the same because they operate on rule by committee.

You see it when they say shit like "thats not a good look", because they think the ultimate sign of failure is not appealing to some imaginary group they've concocted in their heads.

Conservatives in-fight more than the left does. Its a conflicted party of corrupt NeoCons on one end of the spectrum and Patriotism on the other end.

Sorry to burst your bubble retards, but a lot of President Trump supporters dont give af what Fox News says. It just goes to show how out of touch you are to assume that most people still watch cable TV.

I’m sure you liked it better when Republicans rolled over and let Obama do whatever he wanted. Much better, I’m sure, than when one of them refused to play by the rules that Dems assigned to Republicans (how very Alinsky of them) and actually started playing by the Democrat’s playbook.

In what alternate universe did Republican's roll over for Obama? They wouldn't let him pick a SC judge, blocked his infrastructure proposal in 2015, his economic proposals ( many of which included tax cuts to small businesses), had a government shutdown over Obamacare when they couldn't get the votes to repeal it, etc etc. Was your post sarcastic?

Last edited:
It's been my observation that conservatives have only been in favor of using executive action when it reverses earlier executive action. Yes, it's a little bit tit for tat, but it's at least somewhat excusable. That isn't changing or evolving your position 180 degrees like liberals in politics tend to do.

The closest thing to it on the right is the idea of tariffs. But I think you would be hard pressed to find someone on the right who has just made a total flip on that issue and went from being anti-tariff to completely pro-tariff. Some, if not all, will say that they are opposed to the idea in general but if it can be used as a threat to improve things then they are ok with it.

Their position on the national debt most certainly evolves 180 degrees depending on who is in office.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
In what alternate universe did Republican's roll over for Obama? They wouldn't let him pick a SC judge, blocked his infrastructure proposal in 2015, his economic proposals ( many of which included tax cuts to small businesses), had a government shutdown over Obamacare when they couldn't get the votes to repeal it, etc etc. Was your post sarcastic?
Good points and you’re right, the Senate didn’t roll over. But when Obama was stonewalled in Congress, he went ahead and enacted policy through Executive Order and international agreements. In this, Republicans did nothing. Contrast that to the myriad of lawsuits launched whenever the Trump administration enacts a policy direction.

Good points and you’re right, the Senate didn’t roll over. But when Obama was stonewalled in Congress, he went ahead and enacted policy through Executive Order and international agreements. In this, Republicans did nothing. Contrast that to the myriad of lawsuits launched whenever the Trump administration enacts a policy direction.

The EO talking point with Obama is way over played. He used the EO far less than many previous presidents. Secondly, some of his EO's did get overturned by the courts, which isn't uncommon. But many were challenged in the court system.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The EO talking point with Obama is way over played. He used the EO far less than many previous presidents. Secondly, some of his EO's did get overturned by the courts, which isn't uncommon. But many were challenged in the court system.
It’s not how many, it’s the scope of the EO’s that was different.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It’s not how many, it’s the fact that I'm an admitted racist red hat and don't agree with the EOs, so I'm going to keep on parroting the fox news talking point about them since I'm utterly incapable of thinking for myself

FIFY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT