ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Threatens Iran

You know, there’s only so many times someone can call wolf before they aren’t taken seriously anymore.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction. Here's what Rouhani said:

"Americans "must understand that war with Iran is the mother of all wars and peace with Iran is the mother of all peace," Rouhani said while addressing diplomats Sunday in Tehran, according to Iran's state-run news agency IRNA. The Iranian leader also had a message for US President Trump: "do not play with the lion's tail, because you will regret it eternally."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/22/world/iran-rouhani-mother-wars/index.html

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Not fond of this message being sent via twitter. Seems like a 14 year old puffing up his chest towards the kid that stole his girlfriend. Beyond that, Im glad he put it out there for the world to see.

Iranian harassment of U.S. warships in Gulf

2015: 22
2016: 36
2017: 14
This year: 0

Source: U.S. Navy

He’s polite to a guy whose country has killed exactly 0 US soldiers in the past 20 years and the left freaks out

He sternly responds to a threat levied by the leader of a country that has killed thousands of US soldiers in the past 20 years and the left freaks out

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
This is all part of the deal for Saudi Arabia to give us cheap oil. We take care of their Iran problem by agitating them into a war, Saudi keeps the oil spigots at wide open throttle at least through the election cycle.

US always has to have at least one war going on to appease the military industrial complex. Just don't get it - feed the war machine, yet cut NIH funding for things like cancer research. Really bad right now.

ZiYYoP1.jpg

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
We're doing Saudis bidding after they murdered a journalist? Wild times.

Actually we’re punishing a country that is responsible for thousands of US serviceman deaths over the years and is still causing terrorism in the region.

Good to see you going to bat for Iran though.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Actually we’re punishing a country that is responsible for thousands of US serviceman deaths over the years and is still causing terrorism in the region.

Good to see you going to bat for Iran though.
Saudi Arabia funded 9/11

Seems like a bit of an overreaction. Here's what Rouhani said:

"Americans "must understand that war with Iran is the mother of all wars and peace with Iran is the mother of all peace," Rouhani said while addressing diplomats Sunday in Tehran, according to Iran's state-run news agency IRNA. The Iranian leader also had a message for US President Trump: "do not play with the lion's tail, because you will regret it eternally."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/22/world/iran-rouhani-mother-wars/index.html
Didn't Saddam Hussein also promise us the "mother of all battles" back in 1991? Where did that get him?

Iranian harassment of U.S. warships in Gulf

2015: 22
2016: 36
2017: 14
This year: 0

Source: U.S. Navy
Actually, I think there have been 2 incidents in recent months.
But yes, they are way ... way down.

The US Navy has also shifted tactics, and basically showcased how Iran's capabilities would be neutralized rather quickly.
I.e., the politicians have removed themselves from naval strategy because ... the best defense, is showcasing deterrence.

What always upset me -- and a lot of veterans -- about President Obama, is that his passiveness in naval reactions was only causing more chance of an incident.
That included with Chinese and Russian 'engagements' as well.

Actually, I think there have been 2 incidents in recent months.
But yes, they are way ... way down.

The US Navy has also shifted tactics, and basically showcased how Iran's capabilities would be neutralized rather quickly.
I.e., the politicians have removed themselves from naval strategy because ... the best defense, is showcasing deterrence.

What always upset me -- and a lot of veterans -- about President Obama, is that his passiveness in naval reactions was only causing more chance of an incident.
That included with Chinese and Russian 'engagements' as well.
at the time i posted, it was correct.

Actually, I like how the administration gave Iran a virtual "debit card," with delayed withdrawl, by allowing it to sell oil to European countries, and the funds will be put in escrow until it "shapes up." Quite a good strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT