ADVERTISEMENT

Trump threatens social media after Twitter fact-checks him

We literally have a POTUS who does not understand the first amendment. Incredible. I used to make fun of idiots in here like Wayne, Bob the knight or 85 when they would incorrectly whine about their 1st amendment rights being violated by a private company, but those people are just nobodies, when the POTUS doesn't understand how it works....wow.

Are they planning on have a task force of Republicans and Democrats fact checking? Are they going to fact check the guy that can't complete a sentence too?
Yeah, this is just a political thing.*

You've got Trump giving thinly veiled Twitter credence to old rumors that Joe Scarborough had an affair with a young staffer in 2001 and then she died -- under mysterious circumstances -- to cover it up. This is pathetic trollish behavior for ANY Twitter user, let alone the POTUS for crying out loud!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...affers-wants-trump-tweets-removed/5257828002/

Are they planning on have a task force of Republicans and Democrats fact checking? Are they going to fact check the guy that can't complete a sentence too?

I don't think the founding fathers thought there would be a single platform of data that is run by bias.

They already have rules which police their platforms. Those rules only apply to you and me, not the POTUS.

The 1st Amendment applies to the government, not content on a private company's platform which you choose to use.

They already have rules which police their platforms. Those rules only apply to you and me, not the POTUS.

The 1st Amendment applies to the government, not content on a private company's platform which you choose to use.

Lmao still trying to explain basic 5th grade level shit to MAGATs?

You are better off trying to explain quantum mechanics to a dog, at least the dog has some capacity to learn.

ive long said these social media companies are playing with fire. they pretty much only ban/block/remove conservative voices. if they really want laws/regulations, they should keep it up.

Reactions: fabknight
i also think its funny that trump tweeted about mail in voter fraud, twitter got pissed and "fact checked" it, only to have a mail carrier in va get arrested for mail in voter fraud that same day.

Definitely going to be massive fraud with mail in votes. That is the reason that some push no ids and mail ins.
The virus is just an excuse to push their agenda. Like Pelosi demanding we give illegal immigrants 1200 bucks because of the virus. Forget the fact that they have no way of tracking illegal immigrants, its just an added incentive to get more people to come here illegally. Global warming? Same thing. They are trying to use the fear over this virus as a way to push through an ideological agenda.

ive long said these social media companies are playing with fire. they pretty much only ban/block/remove conservative voices. if they really want laws/regulations, they should keep it up.
They block people who don't have money. I use FB ads often for one of my side companies. The same ads run by a billion dollar PE company are allowed but mine are rejected. Trump can send inflammatory conspiracy filled tweets but Alex Jones would be banned.

Reactions: UCFWayne
We literally have a POTUS who does not understand the first amendment. Incredible. I used to make fun of idiots in here like Wayne, Bob the knight or 85 when they would incorrectly whine about their 1st amendment rights being violated by a private company, but those people are just nobodies, when the POTUS doesn't understand how it works....wow.

Twitter can not be part of the content it carries without becoming a publisher. it stepped over the line when hiring any fact checker, and are they fact checking everyone else on it? I don't think so.

Twitter can not be part of the content it carries without becoming a publisher. it stepped over the line when hiring any fact checker, and are they fact checking everyone else on it? I don't think so.
They should have just banned him like they would any other user.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Why is hiring a fact checker stepping over the line?

Listen dipshit, how many times do I need to tell you I'm not going to read your poorly regurgitated fox news talking points until you apologize for labeling me as a Biden supporter. We all know you are an idiot, but at least pretend to try.

Why is hiring a fact checker stepping over the line?
Because it crosses the line between being a publisher and being an aggregator. They are basically assuming liability for anything that is posted on their forum, so de-facto they lose legal protections. Its a fine line that Google, Facebook, and Twitter have been balancing up until recently.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Because it crosses the line between being a publisher and being an aggregator. They are basically assuming liability for anything that is posted on their forum, so de-facto they lose legal protections. Its a fine line that Google, Facebook, and Twitter have been balancing up until recently.

They didnt change Trump's words, they just added a fact check.

They didnt change Trump's words, they just added a fact check.
Thats all fine and well, and I dont have a problem with it. But they are setting a precedent for themselves being an arbiter of truth, which leads to liability in defamation or libel suits. If I go on Twitter and claim that you are a child rapist, I can be sued for libel. Since they now are claiming that they verify the validity of claims, you can also sue them. Its a fine line to walk, but in the case of a high profile user like Trump, it sets a precedent that they would have trouble fighting in court.

Thats all fine and well, and I dont have a problem with it. But they are setting a precedent for themselves being an arbiter of truth, which leads to liability in defamation or libel suits. If I go on Twitter and claim that you are a child rapist, I can be sued for libel. Since they now are claiming that they verify the validity of claims, you can also sue them. Its a fine line to walk, but in the case of a high profile user like Trump, it sets a precedent that they would have trouble fighting in court.

I dont think it does any of that at all. They left his words up. If they were changing his words I would think you have a point. When a newspaper, magazine, book publisher fact checks they dont print things proven false, they take it out or alter it to make it correct. Twitter didnt do that, they simply added a fact check while leaving his words up.

Bro, Knighttime has got to eat through a straw or something. This man is a vegetable. Instead of believing that republicans lie, hes just like, "na, its the facts that are biased." You cannot be more of a brainless shill than knighttime, the man is the embodiment of the word chud.

Bro, Knighttime has got to eat through a straw or something. This man is a vegetable. Instead of believing that republicans lie, hes just like, "na, its the facts that are biased." You cannot be more of a brainless shill than knighttime, the man is the embodiment of the word chud.

I've thought for awhile that he's a liberal trying to make MAGAts look even dumber than they really are. It's sad really either way, he needs help. Got too painful reading his posts either way. The definition of Idiocracy.

Lol...^^^ guy walking around in a mask and gloves like a beta. Using 3rd grade insults like chud. Have you walked outside yet?

Do you have a degree from UCF or are you like a "knight dad" or something living vicariously through your kids. I mean you just cannot be college educated.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Do you have a degree from UCF or are you like a "knight dad" or something living vicariously through your kids. I mean you just cannot be college educated.

Seriously doubtful anyone in his family has even sniffed a college campus.

Na, some of our boomer fans got into UCF when it was a school for dumbasses in the 1960s - 2000s

There's a difference between "dumb old slightly racist boomer" stupidity posts and "eats paint chip smoothie sandwiches" inbred level posts by knight time.

Remember that time all the inbreds whined about Obama's executive actions...and now our child in chief is going to sign one over Twitter because his snowflake feelings are hurt.

Lmao you can't make up this level of hypocrisy.

You’re an imbecile that has been wrong about everything since coming onto this board.
For a guy who was touting Trump's stellar unemployment record back in March -- seemingly oblivious to the fact that millions of Americans were losing their jobs -- I'd be cautious about throwing out the 'imbecile' tag if I were you.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT