ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps immigration plan

It's funny in a sad way that people like you try justify bigotry. To "favor" someone is to discriminate against others. Logic. Try it sometime.
Sorry Honors, but I've gotta disagree.

The problem is that far, far more people want to get in ... than are allowed. So ... what do we do?

What has happened is that many of my colleagues take 1-2 years to even enter, and 5-10 years more to gain citizenship. These are educated members of society who the US will immediately benefit from. But instead, they had to wait years, even after entering, just to get a work Visa, much more Green Card ... even in the case of marriage! Every single one of them, whether they like Trump or not, does agree that some sort of 'favoritism' is allows ... in favor of what will benefit the US tax payer.

That's not bigotry. That's selection. Something is needed. It should not be just labeled as you're doing.

A lot of Americans are arrogant and assuming.

A lot of my colleagues have questioned my move to Birmingham, and I literally had to tell them that Birmingham and Huntsville are not southern Alabama, they are modern, newer towns, there are more PhDs per square mile in Huntsville than DC, and it's less racist and definitely less sexist than swaths of DC or even portions outside NYC for that matter.

I've never worked with more women in IT than before coming here in my entire career.
I've heard that about Huntsville before. What's the cause? Is there DoD advanced R&D in the area? I seem to recall a few programs operating out of Huntsville.

Sorry Honors, but I've gotta disagree.

The problem is that far, far more people want to get in ... than are allowed. So ... what do we do?

What has happened is that many of my colleagues take 1-2 years to even enter, and 5-10 years more to gain citizenship. These are educated members of society who the US will immediately benefit from. But instead, they had to wait years, even after entering, just to get a work Visa, much more Green Card ... even in the case of marriage! Every single one of them, whether they like Trump or not, does agree that some sort of 'favoritism' is allows ... in favor of what will benefit the US tax payer.

That's not bigotry. That's selection. Something is needed. It should not be just labeled as you're doing.

The problem is people who talk about politics don't bother to read or understand the US Constitution - the Supreme Law of the Land.

It's unConstitutional to limit immigration.

Don't like it? Make an Constitutional amendment.

The problem is people who talk about politics don't bother to read or understand the US Constitution - the Supreme Law of the Land.

It's unConstitutional to limit immigration.

Don't like it? Make an Constitutional amendment.
Did you even understand my point? I was not speaking as myself ... but as my colleagues who are legal immigrants!

I.e., the ones I feel should have been given Green Cards immediately!

Furthermore ...
Don't lecture a Libertarian on civics, especially the Constitution.

E.g., I'm not against "open borders."

But that requires three (3) things ...

1) Ending all subsidy of services, especially those based on fraud.

I.e., I have no problem with people who want to come here, work hard, and move on. Many Hispanic-Americans have that attitude, just like Irish-Americans did.

E.g., many Hispanic-Americans, who come here and pay into the system, and make our nation great. are tired of the services and subsidy afforded to those who do not work too.

Just like virtually all other western nations don't ... not even Canada and the EU. For some reason, it's not illegal to commit fraud in the US when it comes to taxpayer services.

2) I recommend you read 19th Century US history, let alone 20th. People have re-written it, but it's not the reality. The US has never had 'open borders.' Yes, we have 'more open' than now, but please re-read your history.

3) We encourage those who have trades and skills. Right now, we're preferring two (2) types of immigrants ...

A) Citizenship for pay (legal, look it up -- the "already rich")

B) Undocumented (illegal, under both US and EU legal definition -- the "loss of $200B/year in revenue")

The Jane and Joe immigrant, who speak English, possible even married an American, cannot get Green Cards. In fact, we have a "C" ... which is a non-immigrant ...

C) Work Visa (instead of Green Card) -- over 60% abused by major corporations (95% of the type granted didn't even exist before 1990)

We make some of the US' brightest futures come through the Work Visa programs, and they are basically 'indentured servants."

We Libertarians are sick of it.
The IEEE-USA and other engineering associations are sick of it.
Many small businesses are sick of it.

Our immigration is really screwed up.

What the Trump policy does is cater to the people tired of having to come through "C", while those under "A" and "B" are currently preferred.

I can understand their logic, and it would be better for America -- regardless how I feel as a Libertarian. I have to understand they are correct.

In fact, if I was to change things, I do ...

Regarding "3B" -- A "pay per entry," which makes them "legal," but if they bypass the system, it's "fraud." Most Libertarians have pushed this as a way to document most current undocumented, as well as 'better track' the 'repatriation of dollars' (e.g., sending money to family overseas)

Regarding "3C" -- These people are given immediate Green Cards. It's time to stop preferring "3B" and "3A".

As far as "3A" -- I think they have to actually invest in a real business, employing Americans, and not the current loopholes. But that's another debate.

In any case, "3A" and "3B" should not be preferred over "3C". But that is the problem right now. I hope you can see that was my argument.

Equal opportunity ... not preferred opportunity for the rich and those who bypass law and commit fraud.

I've heard that about Huntsville before. What's the cause? Is there DoD advanced R&D in the area? I seem to recall a few programs operating out of Huntsville.
Cliffs ...

It's where the US settled most of the German scientists involved with aerospace (and chemical**), largely because it was (at the time) a smaller town that already had a lot of secret munitions R&D and storage (e.g., chemical**).

I.e., a nice, quiet, but 'fairly secured' place to do leading R&D into rockets.

Over the last 60 years, a lot of general engineering has built up around it -- from aerospace to software. In the '00s W., and '10s post-W., era of 'small contractor only' bids, there's a 50% chance that the company that contacts me is based in Huntsville as well. One might say it's the "away from DC" lobbyist center for "small businesses."

It's becoming the center for a lot of biotech in the south as well, although UNC and others are still better known.

**NOTE: One of the US' master plans for the invasion of Japan was ...
if the general populace attacked our troops, was to gas them instead of fighting. A sad, but true reality of not just the US, but the final Pacific battles. I.e., the Japanese had also stockpiled chemicals in Manchuria for use on invading US troops. Manchuria wasn't something the US could touch, a political landmine with the Russians, and a big part of the reason FDR, later Truman, was frustrated with Russia. I.e., beyond everything else, they wanted those chemical stockpiles rendered useless.

The Russians only attacked Manchuria after the US dropped the A-bomb, in a desperate (and utterly failed) attempt to force a seat at the multi-national occupation table of Japan.

In any case, I don't think people fully realize how many lives the A-bomb spared. We had already firebombed Germany, with the RAF, and it was even more effective in Japan. No one talks about those bombings and how much worse they were than the A-bomb ... let alone what would have really happened in the invasion of the Japanese home islands. But most people don't understand the Japanese pre-1945 surrender, or even in the following years immediately after.

Rocket City
NASA, Redstone arsenal to name two.
MDA does a lot of their work out of Huntsville.
I've worked out there several times on related NASA/USAF et al. contracts while I was with Red Hat (2007-2016).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT