ADVERTISEMENT

Trysten hill Leaving?

as long as the number doesn't get longer than 2, Heup needs to make sure of that. If Hill is gone Randy needs to get a couple other stud DTs in this class

also I know Danny White wants to make sure this momentum continues for this Football Program so he may be living around the Football building as much as Heup to talk down any players making emotional decisions

I found this out on Saturday night at the big sky saloon. One of the grad assistant coaches was there with him at 1am saying that JH didn’t offer him a job so he’s going to Nebraska and convining TH to go with him. I saw one fan telling him to go to bed because he spent good money on his tix. Lol

Don’t these players realize that they have to sit out a year for no good reason. Hill needs to learn to play DT in a 4-3 defense. He’ll have 1 more year left. Foolish move

I found this out on Saturday night at the big sky saloon. One of the grad assistant coaches was there with him at 1am saying that JH didn’t offer him a job so he’s going to Nebraska and convining TH to go with him. I saw one fan telling him to go to bed because he spent good money on his tix. Lol
I hope Heup is not too stubborn about the transition, I don't see the harm in offering at least one of the GAs even if Frost is taking all the official assistants

Hopefully after the players decompress we don't have too much roster attrition

Reactions: Mikesi
https://www.yooying.com/iam_trey9

Not sure what he does but NFL isn't out of the question with his resume.

He came in as strongest player on team at 18 and has only grown in strength
and been very good starter for us for 2 seasons.

If it wasn't this season it would be the next. He doesn't need to transfer.
What's he got to prove?
He looks like one we didn't include in our list for going to draft.

Is it 20 years old? Emotions running high on team shouldn't be surprising. I hope Heupel is ready for lots of counseling time in addition to recruiting this month as players are processing everything that went down this season.

One thing we have to come to grips with as fans is that some of our players haven't had a very good support system in their lives and don't want to lose that. This is why Heupel has to calm them down and take on role of seamless transition as best as possible. There are PLENTY of good players on our team to move forward and we can recruit more DTs harder this month.

Last edited:
He has a redshirt he could use, so he doesn't lose anything and gets another year to work on skills.

I said months ago, how Frost redshirted very few players and that would make us vulnerable to transfers. I expect 4-6 to leave.....but didn't think Hill would be one of them.

I would deny transfers to "that place"

He has a redshirt he could use, so he doesn't lose anything and gets another year to work on skills.

I said months ago, how Frost redshirted very few players and that would make us vulnerable to transfers. I expect 4-6 to leave.....but didn't think Hill would be one of them.

I would deny transfers to "that place"
I don't think his ulterior motive for using freshmen was to take them with him if he left. GOL started a lot of freshmen when he first came in too.

Not sure shark’s point was that it was intentional...just that it’s the situation we currently find ourselves in.

I don't think his ulterior motive for using freshmen was to take them with him if he left. GOL started a lot of freshmen when he first came in too.

I didn't say it was part of some plan where he knew an opening at "that place " would come up, but he didn't make roster moves for the long haul.....guys like Richardson and Logan-Greene had wasted seasons.

https://www.yooying.com/iam_trey9

Not sure what he does but NFL isn't out of the question with his resume.

He came in as strongest player on team at 18 and has only grown in strength
and been very good starter for us for 2 seasons.

If it wasn't this season it would be the next. He doesn't need to transfer.
What's he got to prove?
He looks like one we didn't include in our list for going to draft.
You have to be 3 years removed from high school. That's why he wasn't mentioned. He would have to transfer or play Canadian or XFL for 1 year.

I didn't say it was part of some plan where he knew an opening at "that place " would come up, but he didn't make roster moves for the long haul.....guys like Richardson and Logan-Greene had wasted seasons.
Richardson may have been the most confusing / disappointing of them all. Hope to see big things next year.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
You have to be 3 years removed from high school. That's why he wasn't mentioned. He would have to transfer or play Canadian or XFL for 1 year.
Thanx. I was just going to look rules up on internet.

Speaking of the internet, I have to rewatch game tonight on my fireTVstick since you
don't get all the replays and announcer stuff at the stadium :)

Link below:

I think once things settle down, all this transfer talk nonsense will go away. The kids are confused right now about leadership. Seniors are gone. Coaches are gone.

Once Hype settles in, players like Trysten and KZ will be groomed to be the new team leaders.

Furthermore, bailing out is not what being "family" is all about. You don't bail out on your family at the first sign of discontent. I don't think Frost wants to see that, or any of the former coaches / current seniors. Once cooler heads prevail and Hype and his staff starts building relationships, all this goes away.

Trysten isn't going anywhere. Once cooler heads prevail and Hype establishes himself with the team, the kids will settle down. We're family at UCF. We don't bail out on our family at the first sign of discontent. That's not what Coach Frost taught us all. That's not what the seniors want. That's not what the players want.

My message to Trysten and the players: Embrace the change. Roll with it. I know it seems turbulent now, but with time, it will get better.

Frosty was right - having more coaches gives you better diversity. It's just like having a different professor at school. For football, it's the benefits of the so-called "Coaching Tree".

Very few NFL teams run the 3-4. Probably about 6 teams. He needs to show he can play in 4-3 as well.

Not to mention Randy runs a highbrid that will utilize 3-4 as well as 4-3 fronts. Shannons pretty good at running a defense and Im sure the transition to a 4-3 will be a slow one until he gets more of tje recruits he needs to run that a majority of the time. Kid just needs a sit down with Randy Shannon.

Sucks if he leaves that leaves no returning starters on the defensive line.

Agreed but dont sleep on Joey Connors.
Kid will be a monster next year. He stepped up his game a lot this year. He destroyed Auburns OL on a lot of plays in the Peach.

Agreed but dont sleep on Joey Connors.
Kid will be a monster next year. He stepped up his game a lot this year. He destroyed Auburns OL on a lot of plays in the Peach.

This kid who transferred last year should be awesome as well.....

Former Oregon defensive lineman Canton Kaumatule has transferred to UCF, team sources tell Knights247.

Kaumatule, who took a medical hardship at Oregon in 2016, has been cleared by the NCAA and will be transferring to UCF. The 6-foot-7, 295-pound defensive lineman will have to sit out the 2017 season due to NCAA transfer rules. He has two years left of eligibility.

Kaumatule is a former Under-Armour All-American and was rated as a consensus five-star recruit and was the 17th highest-rated prospect in the 2015 class, according to 247Sports Composite rankings.

Say it ain't so Trysten....we need you here. You're the key to our Defensive Line going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT