4. Kingsley Keke (TA&M) - 4.95
5. Khalen Saunders (WIU) - 5.01
6. Renell Wren (ASU) - 5.02
7. Trysten Hill (UCF) - 5.04
8. Dexter Lawrence (CLE) - 5.05

Just looked at the combine website.

Couple of interesting 40 times by running backs

Armstead from Temple-4.45 (impressive)

Darrell Henderson-4.49 (slower than expected, but similar to Dalvin Cook)

Devon Singletary-4.66 (dude is slow!)

Tony Pollard- 4.52 (nothing special for a
supposedly elite kick returner).

Nick Brossette (LSU). 4.72 and 15 reps at 209 pounds. Dude sucks. The ONLY reason he did anything vs UCF in the Fiesta Bowl is because the defense was tired. SEC speed. Yeah..., OK

Some interesting times for the QBs as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Looking good in the combine drills.
Very fluid and quick.
7th fastest 40
Should have helped his position today

1. Quinnen Williams (ALA) - 4.84
2. Kevin Givens (PSU) - 4.87
3. Jerry Tillery (ND) - 4.94
4. Kingsley Keke (TA&M) - 4.95
5. Khalen Saunders (WIU) - 5.01
6. Renell Wren (ASU) - 5.02
7. Trysten Hill (UCF) - 5.04
8. Dexter Lawrence (CLE) - 5.05
UCF keeps proving that they have talented players with speed year in and year out.

With Hill, it’s never been about size, speed, overall talent, technique, or ability.

It’s been about maturity, adaptability, injuries, attitude, being coachable, and being an every down player week in and week out.

Fortunately for him, he’s going to fool some NFL executive with barely a high school degree into picking him too high. Good for him!!!

The so called “experts” screw up many times a year by not doing their research and falling in love with combine performances, highlight films, etc.

With Hill, it’s never been about size, speed, overall talent, technique, or ability.

It’s been about maturity, adaptability, injuries, attitude, being coachable, and being an every down player week in and week out.

Fortunately for him, he’s going to fool some NFL executive with barely a high school degree into picking him too high. Good for him!!!

The so called “experts” screw up many times a year by not doing their research and falling in love with combine performances, highlight films, etc.
[thumb2] +1

the sad part is that at his size and athleticism he would have been wasted as a 3-4 nose tackle. being a 4-3 DT is in his best interest from a financial standpoint. and he was too hard headed to see it Randy Shannon's way because he had some success at the nose in college and that's what he is.

Reactions: Mikesi
the sad part is that at his size and athleticism he would have been wasted as a 3-4 nose tackle. being a 4-3 DT is in his best interest from a financial standpoint. and he was too hard headed to see it Randy Shannon's way because he had some success at the nose in college and that's what he is.
If he interviews well he could go to any team that likes him. He’s played in both bases.

Montez sweat ran a 4.42 40. Hes a frigging dlinemen.

Interesting but pointless.

The whole reason why 40s are even measured was originally to figure out if someone was quick enough to cover a punt. A dlineman will never do that. Ever.

And most punts should never be done.

Dumb stuff / habits dies slow.

I don't think college was ever his end game but he certainly has tremendous upward potential. His biggest challenge will be his mental aspect. Hope him the best and he got light for combine but should line up between 315-325 for NFL. When he's motivated he was a game changer for us.

Reactions: Mikesi
I don't think college was ever his end game but he certainly has tremendous upward potential. His biggest challenge will be his mental aspect. Hope him the best and he got light for combine but should line up between 315-325 for NFL. When he's motivated he was a game changer for us.
308 is a good weight. He may add to that a little.

I think at times he was 325-335 during the Frost years, but actually slimmed down a bit this past year

He definitely has the quickness of an interior defensive lineman in the NFL.

I was a little disappointed with his 28 reps in the bench press, however. I don’t think there were many players with a stronger lower body in all of college football

I may be off base here and I would love to be proven wrong but following Hill's career it seemed like he never cared for UCF the Program, liked some of the off field 'distraction:pimp:s' of being in Orlando but was more about his box score than elevating the Locker Room. I don't expect him to rep the Program like L. Murray or S. Griffin if he has any success in the NFL. He basically trashed Heup and Shannon on the way out.

I may be off base here and I would love to be proven wrong but following Hill's career it seemed like he never cared for UCF the Program, liked some of the off field 'distraction:pimp:s' of being in Orlando but was more about his box score than elevating the Locker Room. I don't expect him to rep the Program like L. Murray or S. Griffin if he has any success in the NFL. He basically trashed Heup and Shannon on the way out.
I think that he was into the UCF program with Pittman as his mentor in 2016/2017. When Frost/Chinander left and the defense went to a 4-3, his selfishness and immaturity showed
He pouted and threatened to transfer. To him, being a NT in a 3-4 was being “the guy” on the defensive line. The cornerstone of the defense

The main issue I had with him and maybe the only issue is basically busting my ass and paying to go to Arizona to see him and my Knights play and guess what?

With the game on the line in the 4th quarter and Nick Brossette wearing us down, he’s nowhere to be found.

He quit on the fans and his teammates. I usually side with the experienced coaches who are men vs a 20 year old player in this “it’s all about me” society.

Trystan Hill owes me nothing and I don’t owe him anything either. I’ll always remember him as the guy who quit the Fiesta Bowl and we lost. That’s just me. Other UCF fans can remember him how they want to. We didn’t lose because of him, but he quit.

. I don't expect him to rep the Program like L. Murray or S. Griffin if he has any success in the NFL
You got that right. I think he’s done with UCF. Sad

He was entertaining young kids and engaging with their families and fans in a very positive way after the 2018 spring game. It was genuine

53456043_608076236280348_995328275364446208_o.jpg

Last edited:

Why do you care?

As long as he gets drafted high and Is from UCF that’s all that matters. I hope this whole experience helps with his development as a young man and that he does well and sticks with a team.

Why do you care?

As long as he gets drafted high and Is from UCF that’s all that matters. I hope this whole experience helps with his development as a young man and that he does well and sticks with a team.
Why do I care about what? That he’s possibly going to get drafted higher, because a team is going to overlook some things? Hope he does

Just making an observation about how some NFL executives/teams draft players. You would think it was a little more thorough. That’s why you have the Bill Belichick led teams winning the Super Bowl every year and all the rest of the teams making foolish decisions.

The thread is about Trystan Hill

So.. someone is supposed to post his combine performance and the thread is supposed to end there without additional comments? Or only positive UCF blinders comments?

It’s the slow season dude

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
I guess that’s all that matters. However if he continues to be immature and all about himself and fails to succeed at the next level, I hope he develops as a young man because of it just the same

I think that he was into the UCF program with Pittman as his mentor in 2016/2017. When Frost/Chinander left and the defense went to a 4-3, his selfishness and immaturity showed
He pouted and threatened to transfer. To him, being a NT in a 3-4 was being “the guy” on the defensive line. The cornerstone of the defense

The main issue I had with him and maybe the only issue is basically busting my ass and paying to go to Arizona to see him and my Knights play and guess what?

With the game on the line in the 4th quarter and Nick Brossette wearing us down, he’s nowhere to be found.

He quit on the fans and his teammates. I usually side with the experienced coaches who are men vs a 20 year old player in this “it’s all about me” society.

Trystan Hill owes me nothing and I don’t owe him anything either. I’ll always remember him as the guy who quit the Fiesta Bowl and we lost. That’s just me. Other UCF fans can remember him how they want to. We didn’t lose because of him, but he quit.
Just to clarify, you aren’t blaming him for losing... right??

He was a Lineman in college. If they like you they find a spot for you. No matter what you played in college. Even 3-4 teams like the Steelers bring in not so big D Lineman and transform them into hybrid players.
It's common for undersized college ends to be converted into 3-4 rush OLBs because that fits their size profile and pass rushing skills. I don't see what that has to do with Hill. There are many spots for Hill that he's ready made for in the NFL right now, no conversion necessary. In a 3-4 he could be one of the ends. Teams want a zero technique that has the strength to hold the middle while double teamed. He might develop into that kind of player in an NFL strength program, but that just seems like a waste for a guy with his athleticism (top 6 forty, 2nd best vertical jump after Ed Oliver at 35", great agility, etc.).

Reactions: KnightLife1
I'm thankful for his contributions and only the coaches know all the inside stuff on him. He spoke about his stepping ability in interview. Maybe there were some teams where he found the weakness in the line to step by lineman and other teams that matched up well against him. Time will tell. Most NFL teams will have very good OLs. Again, hope him the best and we NEVER would have made the last bowl game without his play against Memphis.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Wonder if they will interview UCF staff about him?
A quality organization should/will. That’s being thorough. Yes, when he’s at his best he IS a 2nd or 3rd round talent.

He said good things about UCF as he should have. He helped UCF and they helped him. Especially by giving him the opportunity to play so soon

The last year issues appear complicated and not completely known to fans

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT