ADVERTISEMENT

Tubberville is an Idiot

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
First off, it in mindboggling that Senator Tubberville from Alabama is blocking over 600 military appointments.

Secondly, it is equally mindboggling that one politician in Congress can single-handedly bring the American military to a screeching halt. I've yet to understand how the fcuk something like this is allowed to happen. This kind of bullshit grandstanding should've been outlawed ages ago. But I guess Congress never imagined there would ever be elected officials (i.e. the MAGA clowns) who would ever consider jeopardizing our nation's security by pulling off such an idiotic stunt.

Wait, you mean to tell me a guy who was semi decent at throwing a ball around isn't fit to be a politician and represent America?

Next thing you are going to tell me is a guy who got paid to be punched in the face doesn't make the best journalist.

Time and time again, Republican lawmakers wave the Stars and Stripes and talk about how much they value our troops and the nation's first responders.

But when it comes to crap like Tubberville's stunt or the Republican-led efforts to screw over the 911 first responders, we see a different story.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Time and time again, Republican lawmakers wave the Stars and Stripes and talk about how much they value our troops and the nation's first responders.

But when it comes to crap like Tubberville's stunt or the Republican-led efforts to screw over the 911 first responders, we see a different story.
Is this a symptom of only 1 political party? That's the picture you're painting with that broad brush.

I still shake my head and wonder what happened to my old party who championed a strong defense. We're jeopardizing our military leadership.....over abortion benefits??!? WTF has happened to our Congress? If politicians what to fight over abortion rights, so be it. But to put our country's defense in jeopardy is assine.

I felt the same way when my savings took a hit this week due to the (surprise, surprise) downgrade of our country's credit rating. Oh, but McCarthy's bullsh*t stunt was 'necessary,' right? :rolleyes:

I still shake my head and wonder what happened to my old party who championed a strong defense. We're jeopardizing our military leadership.....over abortion benefits??!? WTF has happened to our Congress? If politicians what to fight over abortion rights, so be it. But to put our country's defense in jeopardy is assine.

I felt the same way when my savings took a hit this week due to the (surprise, surprise) downgrade of our country's credit rating. Oh, but McCarthy's bullsh*t stunt was 'necessary,' right? :rolleyes:
GOP being hypocritical?!? Shockedpikachu.jpg

Evidently this dipshit gave a speech to a bunch of USAF officers on Maxwell AFB and claimed 70% of children grow up with one or fewer parents.

Evidently this dipshit gave a speech to a bunch of USAF officers on Maxwell AFB and claimed 70% of children grow up with one or fewer parents.
He should have been booed off the stage given his blatant disrespect for our military.

There must be something about the way some soldiers and police officers are wired that they continue to support the MAGA crowd despite the disrespectful way they routinely treat our military and law enforcement.

He should have been booed off the stage given his blatant disrespect for our military.

There must be something about the way some soldiers and police officers are wired that they continue to support the MAGA crowd despite the disrespectful way they routinely treat our military and law enforcement.
He basically was. 3 people out of an audience of 900+ clapped when he entered, with some loud coughing drowning them out.

It was the military equivalent of having bottles of urine thrown on stage.

The man is a literal traitor to the Constitution.

Reactions: DaShuckster
The man is a literal traitor to the Constitution.
The last seven years or so have highlighted A LOT of weaknesses in our government. How in the hell can ONE SENATOR bring our military leadership approval process to a standstill??!?

Unfortunately, we've operated under the good-faith premise that while we might have politically different solutions for our country's ills, we are united in wanting to do what was best for our country. Today's MAGA crowd could give a sh*t about our country -- as Tuberville's and McConnell's theatrics have clearly demonstrated.

The Senate Rules Committee voted yesterday to bring to the floor a Senate resolution that would bypass the Tubberville blockade to military promotions (now up to 350.) The resolution passed by a 9 to 7 vote. Despite widespread condemnation by both parties, seven Republican lemmings voted to support Tubberville's nonsense.

We'll see what happens when the full Senate votes on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT