ADVERTISEMENT

TV Host Calls Golden State Warriors: "Gorillas" twice in broadcast

You can’t stop them,” he said. “You gotta outscore them. You can’t stop all them boys. They’ve got too many gorillas on the team. They coming to play, man. They got 800-pound gorillas on their team.”

Clay Travis trolling again.

You know the easy way to spot an actual racist?

Clay Travis doesn't care if black people get called gorillas he just wants to make sure he can call black people gorillas.
Actually, I went and read Clay's article. He's not really even upset about Steve Harvey calling the Warriors gorillas. He's more upset that ESPN fired a white tennis broadcaster a few years ago for saying Venus Williams was playing "guerrilla tennis" which was only homophonic to a potential racial slur, not even a real slur. He's pointing out the double standard that Harvey gets a pass for saying a word on a widely broadcast national telecast while a guy not even saying anything wrong on a small-audience internet-only broadcast got fired.

Actually, I went and read Clay's article. He's not really even upset about Steve Harvey calling the Warriors gorillas. He's more upset that ESPN fired a white tennis broadcaster a few years ago for saying Venus Williams was playing "guerrilla tennis" which was only homophonic to a potential racial slur, not even a real slur. He's pointing out the double standard that Harvey gets a pass for saying a word on a widely broadcast national telecast while a guy not even saying anything wrong on a small-audience internet-only broadcast got fired.
Exactly as I said. He's not mad at Steve Harvey he just wants to be able to saw whatever he wants with no repercussions

You disagree I guess. You think Clay Travis is mad at Steve Harvey or you think he's mad that the media is constrained.

He's upset at the double standard. Whoopty friggin doo. I get the fact that people of any stripe can use what would otherwise be offensive terms to describe their own sub-group but outside of the group its a no-no. Not sure why that part should bother anyone because its meaningless to begin with.

The idea that someone can lose their job for saying something benign that gets turned into a SJW battle is ridiculous, like the sports write who printed 'first chink in the armor', or 'guerilla warfare'. I hate the speech police in general but when they become militant is when they cross the line IMO.

Reactions: UCFWayne
He's upset at the double standard. Whoopty friggin doo. I get the fact that people of any stripe can use what would otherwise be offensive terms to describe their own sub-group but outside of the group its a no-no. Not sure why that part should bother anyone because its meaningless to begin with.

The idea that someone can lose their job for saying something benign that gets turned into a SJW battle is ridiculous, like the sports write who printed 'first chink in the armor', or 'guerilla warfare'. I hate the speech police in general but when they become militant is when they cross the line IMO.
So you're mad about the shit that's old as hell.

Don’t feed the pathetic troll

If you are enraged by "fairness" to white people, or reverse racism, or double standards towards white people, or you always feel the need to post black people behaving poorly posts, or call black people "Shaquanda and Tyrone," you are likely a huge dumbass racist.

To even try to compare "fairness" or double standards when it comes to whites and blacks is pure insanity. Nothing you have experienced in your life will ever compare to what black people experience regularly in this country.

Good summary. I figured people like fried chicken wouldn't read it or even Clay's tweet and then would post anyway and look like a fool.

@rediceknight imho need to dig a little deeper LARPy AF 1488 drivel & realize than the black vs. white garbage narrative in who actually promotes that? Hint: it is the “fellow white people” Someone like Louis Farrakhan actually has a lot of woke audio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT