ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter locks McConnell campaign account over video of protesters hurling threats

there were about 400 deaths from rifles in 2017. how many people do we have in this country again?

i think people are afraid of those rifles because they are.... black....

Reactions: UCFBS
Look, we either do something about gun violence or we don't. That is where we are in society right now, and have been for years. We can argue the definition of an assault rifle until we are blue in the face, but that doesn't change the fact we have a gun problem that we either fix, or we simply acknowledge that dead kids and people are acceptable in this country. And this isn't directed just at you, this is a pretty common tactic, but one doesn't have to be an expert on guns to see that we have a gun problem. So bringing the conversation to that level is basically used to take the conversation away from the actual problem. Yes, we obviously need to define and specifity anything when writing laws so we know what is and isn't legal. No, we don't need to talk about the inner workings of a gun in every gun conversation anymore than we have to talk about the inner workings of cars when talking about drunk drivers. What we need to talk about is how to fix the problem.
Again, copout answer. You say we have to do something but your solutions arent based on evidence of any kind, and quite honestly are practically antithetical to the problem you're trying to address. I could come up with a half dozen propositions that would make more sense than what the left is proposing if they really wanted to keep guns out of the hands of certain people, but quite honestly none of them would help any more than what you guys want. The left loves taxes and sees them as a way to deter behavior. Ok, why not propose a 100% tax on gun purchases? At least we would have a starting point for a discussion. Propose training and education on firearms. You guys love the idea of federally regulated education, again a starting point.

Seriously, come up with SOMETHING that actually makes sense and isn't unconstitutional.

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
I agree, let's start with ...
  • Enforcing existing gun laws
  • Prosecute people who lie on their forms
  • Prosecute more straw purchasers
  • Prosecute civil servants who fail to input data or check backgrounds -- I'm looking at you Florida and Ohio!
Every time a solution is put forth to improve the above, the left sacks it with new gun control, registration and other things, and it dies. It repeatedly happens. It gets old. I've read so many bills and it's all politicking.

"Oh, the Republicans vetoed universal background checks." Hey, did you read the part about the new assault weapons ban in it?!

Yes, and we've had 'gun free zones' and 'assault weapons bans' nationally. They've done nothing. In fact, we're now seeing, 15 years later, Clinton lying about how the assault weapon ban worked.

That's what happens in this country. In 2004, we knew it didn't do jack, the statistics showed that. But now, 15 years later? We've re-written the terms and other things to make it seem like it worked, even though it didn't.

No we don't. It's been defined for 75 years, 100 if you include the Federov. In fact, the biggest problem is that people are using 'assault rifle' and 'assault weapon' interchangeably to the point it screws up statistics.

The Assault Weapons Ban studies have seen people include pistols, both banned and not banned, and called them 'assault rifles.' No, they are 'assault weapons' which as a political definition, and even half didn't qualify. That's the problem.

Same thing with 'mass shootings.' The FBI has always defined it as 4 deaths within 24 hours, not including the shooter, but only until 2013. The definition was changed to 2 casualties including the shooter to raise the number of mass shootings reported, but eventually the FBI was chastized over changing the normal. But many others do what they want.

It's kinda a joke at this point, because people are putting up AR-15 silhouettes when anything other than a 7-cartridge 1911 is used, and even the 1911 is considered 'large caliber,' so some people accidentally call it an 'assault weapon' or evren an 'assault rifle.'

Then we have the mass shootings done with revolvers and shotguns that are reported as 'assault weapons' or 'assault rifles.' And now it seems 75% of Democrats want to ban the Remmington 700 as they can it a 'military grade sniper rifle.' Of course it is. Duh, all standard caliber, or larger, rifles are!

Kids die all over the place in the US. Guns aren't the problem, far from it. In fact, the only kids that die at high rates due to gun crime, and dominate the statistics, are gang-related. But we don't seem to care about them, only when the white kids die.

A pool in the home is 40x more likely to kill a kid than a gun. Many other things are an order of magnitude more to kill a kid. Even the corner of a desk or some other furnature in the home is more likely to kill a kid. But we only talk about guns. Why?

No one talks about the rate of accidents and suicides by gun per household actually with a gun! They just go, "See, more guns, more deaths!" Of course. But per household with an actual gun? Seriously, basic math here people.

But you have to have a modicum of firearm knowledge to write actual 'common sense gun control' based on the weapon and mechanisms. Otherwise we get f---tards saying "this is a military assault rifle/weapon," and those of us just laugh.

Just 10 years ago, no one confused assault rifle (technical definition of 75+ years) and assault weapon (1990s political definition). But that's no longer the case.
Just 35 years ago, the anti-plastic gun people were laughed out of the room. But that's no longer the case either.

The complete idiots are controlling the conversation and saying 'common sense gun control.' No, it's 'common idiot gun definition.' Just admit it, you want all of them banned and you're going to write 'common sense gun control' to ban virtually all weapons!

Every semi-automatic pistol is a 'military assault weapon/rifle'
Every bolt-action rifle is a 'military grade sniper weapon'
Even revolvers are self-loading, and the same as a semi-automatic pistol.
And those trained on bolt-action rifles can fire almost as fast as a semi-automatic rifle.

No, the actual problem is the 'common sense gun control' phrasing that outlaws all of the firearms I spoke of. A good 75% of Democrats want to ban the bolt-action Remmington 700. Why? Because the USMC, after issues with other options, too the civilian rifle and made it a military issue weapon. That's it.

But what if the laws are written so things are both legal and illegal? Even the ATF has great difficulty with many laws and advisements in many states, beyond federal law. Just speak to an ATF agent and they'll tell you.

If you mean background checks, yes, I agree. But you also can't be ignorant of the existing laws and say they don't exist or have loopholes, like Sanders and others are doing.

But using your own analogy ... what you're talking about is banning the type of car a drunk driver can drive. That's literally how stupid of an argument that is.

But if you mean what types of guns are legal or illegal, you can't be an idiot. You just cannot. You cannot define something that doesn't exist or isn't legal to own, and ban it. You may get 75-80% of Democrats who are gun illiterate to agree with you, and you may even get a Democratic politicians to heed his career suicide and finally agree with you, only to be caught on an errant mic saying your idiots and the laws won't change anything.

But it doesn't remove the fact that you're an idiot. You're a complete idiot and have no business defining anything. Even worse? There are special interest groups counting on you being an idiot, so they can get all guns banned. That's reality.

Education is the great equalizer. Stop arguing if you're ignorant of something. It makes you look like an idiot. Seriously.

Every person who was anti-gun that went and learned about firearms quickly realizes how bad it is. They aren't against gun control, they just quickly become against -- strongly against -- the 'common sense gun control' pushed by people who are taking advantage of the grossly ignorant. They realize the solution is to enforce existing laws.

The grossly ignorant are the ones arguing about banning the type of car a drunk driver can drive. ;)

I didn't say anything about banning anything.

Again, copout answer. You say we have to do something but your solutions arent based on evidence of any kind, and quite honestly are practically antithetical to the problem you're trying to address. I could come up with a half dozen propositions that would make more sense than what the left is proposing if they really wanted to keep guns out of the hands of certain people, but quite honestly none of them would help any more than what you guys want. The left loves taxes and sees them as a way to deter behavior. Ok, why not propose a 100% tax on gun purchases? At least we would have a starting point for a discussion. Propose training and education on firearms. You guys love the idea of federally regulated education, again a starting point.

Seriously, come up with SOMETHING that actually makes sense and isn't unconstitutional.
He's one of the 'do something' crowd. The problem is that the Republicans have repeatedly offered, as well as the USCCA, NRA and others, but every time that gets sacked with gun bans by the left. So nothing is getting done.

Even the FBI is offering N-Dex as an opt-in, even though it's not covered by the Brady Bill, because like most federal systems that are political, they have become useless. I mean, you have left-leaning public servants who have no interest in doing their job keep that system correct and current. It's a joke at this point.

The supermajority of gun shops are taking the N-Dex opt-in. It's not Constitutionally required, but they do. They hate selling to potential a-holes, because they will be shut down if anyone does something stupid with a firearm.

I'm also tired of the US Media talking about the licensed dealers selling to Mexico. No, those are organized crime associates, and don't even have a storefront. Prosecute those mothers as well. Although some won't, because they started during the ATF gun running, especially when they radically expanded under Obama.

It's like watching the CIA-'crack cocaine' non-sense under Reagan all over again. The DoJ created it's own problem, just like the CIA.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFWayne
I didn't say anything about banning anything.
Okay then, I'll met you half-way.
You don't want to ban anything.

What do you think of my 4 bullets?
What would you add or subtract?

Anything else?
What do you think of Sanders' 'straw purchases' statement?

Republicans are allowed to have solutions too. I don't know what the point is about blaming Democrats for not having solutions you like, but never mentioning Republicans. You realize they can propose things too yes? If you think there is a problem, and you don't like Democrats proposals, then maybe hold Republicans feet to the fire with regards to what you think the solutions are.

Republicans are allowed to have solutions too.
They have. They want to increase funding for the NCIC/NICS systems. They want to massively increase agents to prosecute felonies for lying on forms and straw purchases.

The problem is every one of those bills gets bans attached. They don't make it out of committee, or when they do, enough has been attached that it gets shot down by the majority, and for good reason.

I really wish you'd talk to some ATF, CBP, FBI and other agents. They will tell you everything you don't hear in the US media.

I don't know what the point is about blaming Democrats for not having solutions you like, but never mentioning Republicans.
Because even Harry Reid, who was a 'common sense' Democrat on guns, was threatened with 'career suicide' and conformed. The entire left is full retard. It is. It's totally full retard. It's about making the right impossible to exercise. It's just like the right who supported the Texas ban on abortion clinics that didn't have hospital facilities. It was about making the right impossible to exercise.

It's making the right impossible to exercise, which is utterly Unconstitutional, and the courts rule such.

That's why I get on the right about abortion like I do the left on guns. Sure, every now and then you have idiots on there right talk about various things with weapons that make me cringe, just like the left does with the right to abort outside the body. But they are outliers.

Heck, both California and New York are amid a flurry of lawsuits because their laws are basically impossible to comply for most people. California's registration system was broken, and New York is literally arresting people for having any firearm because it fits many definitions of illegal.

You realize they can propose things too yes?
The Republicans have, repeatedly. But you're not listening. You're only seeing the shot something down. Read why they did, and not from left-wingers.

If you think there is a problem, and you don't like Democrats proposals, then maybe hold Republicans feet to the fire with regards to what you think the solutions are.
I do on abortion, even health insurance and other things. I hold the Republicans in serious contempt on the insurance issue, and they are spending like crap too.

But the 2nd Amendment is one area where the left are full of ignorant imbeciles that even the supermajority of law enforcement agree are, and they deal with guns day-in, day out. Just like the right who ultimately want to ban abortion, and make similar arguments that get old. It's all about phrasing and redefining things.

In any case, if TAPS gets passed, we're all screwed. It's the Democrats saying it's about guns, and the Republicans love it because it takes away some due process outside of even guns. That scares me to death as a Libertarian.

DISCLAIMER: Again, I don't own any guns. But I have been protected by private militia in the past. If we don't have militias, we're so f---'d in this country.

They have. They want to increase funding for the NCIC/NICS systems. They want to massively increase agents to prosecute felonies for lying on forms and straw purchases.

The problem is every one of those bills gets bans attached. They don't make it out of committee, or when they do, enough has been attached that it gets shot down by the majority, and for good reason.

I really wish you'd talk to some ATF, CBP, FBI and other agents. They will tell you everything you don't hear in the US media.

Because even Harry Reid, who was a 'common sense' Democrat on guns, was threatened with 'career suicide' and conformed. The entire left is full retard. It is. It's totally full retard. It's about making the right impossible to exercise. It's just like the right who supported the Texas ban on abortion clinics that didn't have hospital facilities. It was about making the right impossible to exercise.

It's making the right impossible to exercise, which is utterly Unconstitutional, and the courts rule such.

That's why I get on the right about abortion like I do the left on guns. Sure, every now and then you have idiots on there right talk about various things with weapons that make me cringe, just like the left does with the right to abort outside the body. But they are outliers.

Heck, both California and New York are amid a flurry of lawsuits because their laws are basically impossible to comply for most people. California's registration system was broken, and New York is literally arresting people for having any firearm because it fits many definitions of illegal.

The Republicans have, repeatedly. But you're not listening. You're only seeing the shot something down. Read why they did, and not from left-wingers.

I do on abortion, even health insurance and other things. I hold the Republicans in serious contempt on the insurance issue, and they are spending like crap too.

But the 2nd Amendment is one area where the left are full of ignorant imbeciles that even the supermajority of law enforcement agree are, and they deal with guns day-in, day out. Just like the right who ultimately want to ban abortion, and make similar arguments that get old. It's all about phrasing and redefining things.

In any case, if TAPS gets passed, we're all screwed. It's the Democrats saying it's about guns, and the Republicans love it because it takes away some due process outside of even guns. That scares me to death as a Libertarian.

DISCLAIMER: Again, I don't own any guns. But I have been protected by private militia in the past. If we don't have militias, we're so f---'d in this country.

Then provide support for your claim. No offense, but you say a lot of things on this board with absolutely no support, and then when I look it up, it turns out you were wrong. So if Republicans are trying to pass background and gun laws, then give me evidence. Give me bill #s or something. The fact you type something on this board doesn't necessarily make it true.

Then provide support for your incites.

No offense, but you say a lot of these on this board with absolutely no support, and then when I look it up, it turns out you were wrong.
Because you took it out of the context I provided. The 'per household with a gun' is a perfect example. You'll always find US media articles that disagree with what I didn't say. ;)

Also note that you don't do the same. You have provided no bills that are viable from the left. You use the same, full ignorant US media phrasing.

So if Republicans are trying to pass background and gun laws, then give me evidence. Give me bill #s or something.
Just like you've provided a lot of draft bills here? ;)

The Fix NICS Bill finally got passed because it only addresses the NCIC-NICS system, plus adds the FFL requirement. It doesn't penalize public servants like the Republicans want, and it doesn't fund any prosecutions of criminals, but it does finally start to fund the system. It does, however, require FFLs (licensed dealers) to be involved with many private sales now. That's what the left wanted, and the right agreed to. That's why most of the arguments about private gun sales no longer apply.

It's really about prosecuting the criminals who don't get charged, which is still the primary problem.

BTW, virtually all of Mike Thompson's bills got sacked 4-6 years ago because of what the Democrats add to it. Again, read up on what he (a Democrat, although the 'token hunter' -- don't get me started) allowed to be added. But at least he got the conversation started with Democrats on fixing NICS. It's pretty bad. Before that, Democrats refused to fix NCIC-NICS without more gun control. Thompson finally helped them realize that's stupid, although the Republicans wouldn't accept the things he agreed to outside of NCIC-NICS.

I mean, nearly half of the major mass shooters in just the last decade aren't getting caught by the system -- name one and there's a good 50% chance. The US Media calls this the '72 hour loophole' (the government has to prove you aren't entitled to your 2nd Amendment rights within 72 hours), but the whole system -- as part of the Brady Bill -- was designed so its instaneous. That's one thing both Brady and the NRA agreed upon, and if you read the media some 30 yeras ago, that was the promise by everyone.

Again, the system is useless if it doesn't work. And yes, it covers domestic violence, mental state, etc...

Because you took it out of the context I provided. The 'per household with a gun' is a perfect example. You'll always find US media articles that disagree with what I didn't say. ;)

Also note that you don't do the same. You have provided no bills that are viable from the left. You use the same, full ignorant US media phrasing.

Just like you've provided a lot of draft bills here? ;)

The Fix NICS Bill finally got passed because it only addresses the NCIC-NICS system, plus adds the FFL requirement. It doesn't penalize public servants like the Republicans want, and it doesn't fund any prosecutions of criminals, but it does finally start to fund the system. It does, however, require FFLs (licensed dealers) to be involved with many private sales now. That's what the left wanted, and the right agreed to. That's why most of the arguments about private gun sales no longer apply.

It's really about prosecuting the criminals who don't get charged, which is still the primary problem.

BTW, virtually all of Mike Thompson's bills got sacked 4-6 years ago because of what the Democrats add to it. Again, read up on what he (a Democrat, although the 'token hunter' -- don't get me started) allowed to be added. But at least he got the conversation started with Democrats on fixing NICS. It's pretty bad. Before that, Democrats refused to fix NCIC-NICS without more gun control. Thompson finally helped them realize that's stupid, although the Republicans wouldn't accept the things he agreed to outside of NCIC-NICS.

I mean, nearly half of the major mass shooters in just the last decade aren't getting caught by the system -- name one and there's a good 50% chance. The US Media calls this the '72 hour loophole' (the government has to prove you aren't entitled to your 2nd Amendment rights within 72 hours), but the whole system -- as part of the Brady Bill -- was designed so its instaneous. That's one thing both Brady and the NRA agreed upon, and if you read the media some 30 yeras ago, that was the promise by everyone.

Again, the system is useless if it doesn't work. And yes, it covers domestic violence, mental state, etc...

If you don't like what Democrats add to the bills (which again, I wish you would actually provide links or bill #s, even if just on occasion), then have Republicans write better bills. Republicans in the Senate and House get a paycheck too and are allowed to try and do things.

If you don't like what Democrats add to the bills (which again, I wish you would actually provide links or bill #s, even if just on occasion), then have Republicans write better bills.
Do you actually know how Congress works?

So, here we go, the latest 'ghost gun' scare tactic ...

• Rifle used in deadly Riverside shooting was untraceable ‘ghost gun,’ sources say
    https://www.latimes.com/california/...hooting-was-untraceable-ghost-gun-sources-say

Here's the FUD ...

"Ghost guns are unserialized weapons that are manufactured from parts that can be ordered through the mail or are machined parts acquired from underground makers."

And here's the reality ...

"Those with lengthy criminal histories, according to law enforcement officials, usually buy their weapons on the black market of underground weapons sales. In one raid last year, authorities recovered 45 ghost guns after a six-month undercover operation in Hollywood. In that case, some of the weapons made by a gang were assault weapons"
One quote is from the paper. The other is the paper quoting the cops. Which one do you think is real?

Case-in-point: No laws can stop this. The lower-trigger assembly and upper-barrel assembly, especially the barrel, are still manufactured metal, and illegally done so, as well as trafficked. That's why they don't have serial numbers. The criminal was hardened and syndicates are behind these weapons.

Law abiding citizens and plastic accessories on eBay have nothing to do with this. No one is building weapons from plastic grips and stocks and other things, even 3D printed. Without the trigger assembly and barrel, it's cannot do anything.

The FUD out there doesn't explain that, but lots of people who don't know jack, and the science-ignorant US media, will proliferate otherwise. Organized crime makes and moves this stuff, and you're not going to find it on eBay or in other places. Laws will do nothing to stop it. Yanking accessories will do nothing and have nothing to do with it.

Be educated, not an easily fooled citizen. Ghost guns are by, of and for criminals, not law abiding citizens. There's no way to stop it other than to register and outlaw CnC milling machines. Even additive metal machines aren't printing things that are capable dealing 60K+ psi with 2,000J+ of energy coming out of the barrel.

It's probably just a freaky coincidence, but the gun owners I know don't need semi-automatic weapons to hunt.
It depends on what they hunt, and where. Most bird hunters use semi auto shotguns. Often times folks hunting dangerous game use semi autos in case they need a quick followup shot to save their ass. I hut with a bolt action rifle though. It's imo much more accurate and what I really like to shoot as it makes me a better shooter knowing I have one opportunity to pull the trigger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT