ADVERTISEMENT

Two LSU athletes questioned after fatal shooting in Baton Rouge

Just let the case play out before judging the two kids or the dead guy. Common sense says if there was something shady going on they wouldn’t have stayed put and called the cops. We weren’t there. We don’t know what happened yet. Unfortunate if the kids were just trying to sell something and the guy tried to rob them. That’s why you meet in places like a WalMart parking lot (and you park near a lot of people). For thier sake, I just hope the gun used was actually registered to one of the guys.
We will or have heard all the gun nuts defending the killing of a person. It might be justified but these are kids in college. Wow.

This is an example why some fans should stay off message boards. Now coming here not even to discuss football. WTF is the purpose of your existence? This is a college football board. I have my opinions about this, but do you hear me spewing a bunch of foolishness? Wish I was moderator.
My words are ringing true, rules and moderation are necessary. Perfect example of outside trolls trying to cause trouble.

Reactions: Mikesi
Actually quite the opposite old man. There's more gun ownership, gun enthusiasts than ever before. These kids were selling electronics in a parking lot. The transaction was going down in a car. Two 18 year old kids packing. What could go wrong? smfh
I'm pro 2nd Amendnent. These 18 year olds were men imo. SHF! No telling what really happened. Shady? Maybe. But I'm also a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty. And right now they are innocent. So yes it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

Last edited:
Actually quite the opposite old man. There's more gun ownership, gun enthusiasts than ever before. These kids were selling electronics in a parking lot. The transaction was going down in a car. Two 18 year old kids packing. What could go wrong? smfh
It is best to judge the behavior at an individual level rather than make blanket statements about gun owners. Keep your ignorant political beliefs off the UCF message board.

I read LSU cut them from the team. Is that true, despite police ruling it self defense? Are they out for the Fiesta?

None of the above has happened. LSU has 3 attorneys working on their case so I think both will be dressed ready to play in Fiesta Bowl.

How do you murder someone in self defense?
Is "killing" more appropriate? How about, "taking another human being's life?" Again--just me, but if I "killed" someone or "took another human being's life," even in self defense, I'm not sure I'd be psychologically able to play football days later. What's the protocol when police officers "kill" or "take another human being's life?" Aren't they usually released from duty for several months, required to undergo mandatory counseling, etc. before they're able to return to their regular duties?

Got some future Hernandez’ on that team right there. Urban can counsel them on leadership.

I’m not a pay the players guy but it would help dudes not need to craigslist stuff for beer money. Spoken from experience.

I’m not a pay the players guy but it would help dudes not need to craigslist stuff for beer money. Spoken from experience.

Some may argue that they need to lay off the beer during bowl prep though, at least, if you don't even have the money in the first place. Finish your season and then go have some of that kind of fun.

Some may argue that they need to lay off the beer during bowl prep though, at least, if you don't even have the money in the first place. Finish your season and then go have some of that kind of fun.

Grown men can work hard during the day and drink some beer at night. They are college students, you didn’t want to party it up when you were 20?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT