ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Baisbol

RunawayKnight

Bronze Knight
Apr 13, 2019
I avoid starting threads at all costs. But. Surprised at lack of baseball threads this year and especially following lovely Lady’s boys effort after
LAST night. Edge of seat watching on TV last night all game from Dick’s Hoosier Daddy stadium. Absolute helluva classic in-state FSU game. Damn we had that thing. Had it twice on gutty comebacks. Absolutely had it. Extra innings. Our best closer Hit two batters with two strikes. Load bases with no outs tied in the tenth. Whittle it to two outs tie game. going to the eleventh. And we don’t know the infield fly rule apparently, and then walk in the winning run. Can I get a harumph out of that guy? Helluva game. Man. My big ten and ACC friends were texting me after the fifth inning. It was on tv. Silence here. No baseball fans.

forum and stadium completely barren of bb fans. Sigh.

I don’t really watch when the team looks to be around .500 or worse. They are 9-11 right now. Doubt they just tear the AAC up. ECU and UH are usually good. I haven’t followed the league. Even when team is good they lose in Regional.

I avoid starting threads at all costs. But. Surprised at lack of baseball threads this year and especially following lovely Lady’s boys effort after
LAST night. Edge of seat watching on TV last night all game from Dick’s Hoosier Daddy stadium. Absolute helluva classic in-state FSU game. Damn we had that thing. Had it twice on gutty comebacks. Absolutely had it. Extra innings. Our best closer Hit two batters with two strikes. Load bases with no outs tied in the tenth. Whittle it to two outs tie game. going to the eleventh. And we don’t know the infield fly rule apparently, and then walk in the winning run. Can I get a harumph out of that guy? Helluva game. Man. My big ten and ACC friends were texting me after the fifth inning. It was on tv. Silence here. No baseball fans.

[/QUOTE
You just KNOW how it'll end.

I don’t really watch when the team looks to be around .500 or worse. They are 9-11 right now. Doubt they just tear the AAC up. ECU and UH are usually good. I haven’t followed the league. Even when team is good they lose in Regional.
Come on man! It's baseball and our home town team. America's game Spring time. Fresh cut grass. Doesn't matter if you are 0-100. And home game tix are still only $10.

because...we suck. You are what your record says you are. Was that a GOL quote? :cool: There's zero excitement coming out of UCF baseball this year.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
because...we suck. You are what your record says you are. Was that a GOL quote? :cool: There's zero excitement coming out of UCF baseball this year.
I don’t know about suck but definitely not high achieving so far this year. Have some nice talent and fun to watch. What do you want for $10 gate? Lol. I paid $400 for two seats for UF-Ole Miss game next week. Baseball is baseball. I’ll pull off the road to watch a random high school game if it is underway and I have time.

BTW. Knights are undefeated and tied for first in league play. No reason to give up on them yet.

The issue in the game vs FSU was indecisive coaching by Lovelady. Sure the run on the INF Fly rule was big but the closer had 2 HBP, a BB, and was 1-0 on the next batter before Lovelady made the change. Seemed to me like he didn't know if he was playing to win or was giving the game to the closer regardless of what happened.

The issue in the game vs FSU was indecisive coaching by Lovelady. Sure the run on the INF Fly rule was big but the closer had 2 HBP, a BB, and was 1-0 on the next batter before Lovelady made the change. Seemed to me like he didn't know if he was playing to win or was giving the game to the closer regardless of what happened.
I get your point. Valid. But he had great high velocity unhittable stuff going on. There. Was no one in the bull pen with better stuff. His fastball was just sharp tailing more than he was used to it seems and he was giving no quarter to the hitters inside. Must have been wind out of the west. Equals two HBP. Lol. I’ve sat in that Dickie Hoosier stadium for more hours over the years than I wish to admit.

But. If your catcher knows the damn rules of baseball. We have a chance to win. You can always. Excuse. The physical effort mistake. Not the dumb mental fail.

Maybe he was just playing the long game with the kid, giving him the chance to battle through? Or just messed up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was a baseball junky growing up. If an Orioles (local), Braves (tbs), or White Sox (WGN) game was on TV I was watching it. If it wasn't on TV, I was listening to it on the AM. I was a total junky I collected cards, memorized stats/batting stances, played organized and pick-up games. The 1994 strike killed it for me. Quit cold turkey.

I don’t know about suck but definitely not high achieving so far this year. Have some nice talent and fun to watch. What do you want for $10 gate? Lol. I paid $400 for two seats for UF-Ole Miss game next week. Baseball is baseball. I’ll pull off the road to watch a random high school game if it is underway and I have time.

BTW. Knights are undefeated and tied for first in league play. No reason to give up on them yet.
I hope you're correct RUN

nice analysis!

I was a baseball junky growing up. If an Orioles (local), Braves (tbs), or White Sox (WGN) game was on TV I was watching it. If it wasn't on TV, I was listening to it on the AM. I was a total junky I collected cards, memorized stats/batting stances, played organized and pick-up games. The 1994 strike killed it for me. Quit cold turkey.
Me too man. I quit MLB at the same time. Exception being the occasional Rays World Series runs. With zero emotional investment. I quit every pro sport in line with the date of strikes occurring. Except NHL.
But. Baseball is still the bomb. From T-ball through college. Abner Doubleday never envisioned free agency. But he invented a beautiful thing. At the amateur level it is still mostly pure.

Totally agree with your point. Best thing about baseball is turning the tv off. And listening to radio. Same way I grew up. Every single fly ball could be a homer in your mind. Lol. I was an Indians fan. Got invited to Municipal Stadium pitching tryout junior year in HS. It was eye opening.

ps. Anyone following the SCOTUS ruling this week on the NCAA and the NIL thing and compensating amateur college athletes? It’s gonna be a game changer and force me to quit college sports and go to only HS sports. Talk about saving money.

There should probably be a thread about the SCOTUS NIL thread on here. But I don’t start threads.

Me too man. I quit MLB at the same time. Exception being the occasional Rays World Series runs. With zero emotional investment. I quit every pro sport in line with the date of strikes occurring. Except NHL.
But. Baseball is still the bomb. From T-ball through college. Abner Doubleday never envisioned free agency. But he invented a beautiful thing. At the amateur level it is still mostly pure.

Totally agree with your point. Best thing about baseball is turning the tv off. And listening to radio. Same way I grew up. Every single fly ball could be a homer in your mind. Lol. I was an Indians fan. Got invited to Municipal Stadium pitching tryout junior year in HS. It was eye opening.

ps. Anyone following the SCOTUS ruling this week on the NCAA and the NIL thing and compensating amateur college athletes? It’s gonna be a game changer and force me to quit college sports and go to only HS sports. Talk about saving money.

There should probably be a thread about the SCOTUS NIL thread on here. But I don’t start threads.
I grew up in Ohio. Until I was 12 or so. I watched baseball religiously for many years. Summers I stayed with grandparents and watched baseball every night. Days on weekends. Probably until college. 95 ish. Then picked back up for a couple years after then gave up. Pirates are my team and they have only been relevant 1 year in last 30 or so.
Baseball for the most part isn’t too much different than high school game. Unlike basketball. Only difference is they don’t run on sure outs. Mostly everything else is the same. Rules enforced all the way through. NBA they do what they want.

Reactions: RunawayKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT