ADVERTISEMENT

UCF basketball new players

Wow. This year could be ugly. 10 new players. The only meaningful Senior, though, is Bertz, so hopefully next year the team is gelling, along with any new recruits thrown in the mix.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
Huge 24 point victory toknight!

"The Knights' foreign tour of Spain is off to a solid start after securing a 94-70 victory against the Madrid Generals.

Five Knights recorded double digits, led by redshirt junior Collin Smith who scored 14 points and hauled in 7 rebounds. Senior Frank Bertz added 11 points and 8 rebounds.

....The Knights scored 18 points in transition, versus the Generals' 9. Additionally, 59 of the 94 points scored by the Knights came from the bench"

http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211808748

I'm super stoked about this new team.

We have depth, talent, and experience. It just a question of if they can gel and coaches creating a system that UCFits our new strengths.

We also have an excellent OOC schedule. Should be an exciting season.

Wow. This year could be ugly. 10 new players. The only meaningful Senior, though, is Bertz, so hopefully next year the team is gelling, along with any new recruits thrown in the mix.
Almost everyone coming back for 2020. If the guards can gel, we'll go deep into the playoffs.

"It was exciting to see the new guys out there. I thought that everyone who played contributed and that's always an exciting first step," Dawkins shared.

What a great experience for the team. Looking forward to the new team. So many unknowns.

Reactions: UCFhonors
A lot of program milestones building in the past 2 years:
NIT Final 4
Our programs first at-large March Madness bid
Our programs first NCAA tournament win (and a missed layup from Sweet16)

With the new move towards the best "1 and dones" skipping college, CJD's positioning the program as TransferU may be brilliant foresight.

Wait, aren't these the clowns who always lose to the globetrotters?

I really don't have high hopes for this team.....curious about the Bol fella though.
Those would be the Washington Generals and they actually could beat the Globetrotters day f it wasn’t scripted.

A lot of program milestones building in the past 2 years:
NIT Final 4
Our programs first at-large March Madness bid
Our programs first NCAA tournament win (and a missed layup from Sweet16)

With the new move towards the best "1 and dones" skipping college, CJD's positioning the program as TransferU may be brilliant UCForesight.

Great points. But still had to UCFify

Reactions: Endeavor.
We have everything that you want a team to have this year.

1.) Experienced guards
2.) Freak athletes on the wings
3.) Height
4.) Big man that can shoot 3's

Me is just a fan, no inside info so no idea what staff had in mind for him should he have landed. I’m thinking a 5/4 as we do more positonless ball than you guys have. IMO partly because we haven’t had the height for a true 5 and partly because we are more positionless. Chicken and egg game I don’t know:) Don’t know what all you have up your sleeves height wise with Tacko gone but a rising frosh at 240.... it’s not a bad start to get trained up on filling a lane and keeping an eye on the rim which my fan-eye liked!

Old vid and you guys can search for more cuz he’s yours now (grin). didn’t show *too much from outside but who really knows from a highlight film.

Good luck come basketball!

Me is just a fan, no inside info so no idea what staff had in mind for him should he have landed. I’m thinking a 5/4 as we do more positonless ball than you guys have. IMO partly because we haven’t had the height for a true 5 and partly because we are more positionless. Chicken and egg game I don’t know:) Don’t know what all you have up your sleeves height wise with Tacko gone but a rising frosh at 240.... it’s not a bad start to get trained up on filling a lane and keeping an eye on the rim which my fan-eye liked!

Old vid and you guys can search for more cuz he’s yours now (grin). didn’t show *too much from outside but who really knows from a highlight film.

Good luck come basketball!

Do you have a CFB team you root for? We’re always accepting applications!

Kinda wish we hadn’t played each other because I’ve always liked VCU. Don’t be scared to comment/ask questions in any UCF topic.

How does VCU look for 19-20?

Do you have a CFB team you root for? We’re always accepting applications!

Kinda wish we hadn’t played each other because I’ve always liked VCU. Don’t be scared to comment/ask questions in any UCF topic.

How does VCU look for 19-20?
CFB not so much, I guess .... we’ll Time is one thing and I’m lucky enough to have Mrs. 74 be into CBB enough to where we (more like, me) can really invest in the season :)
I look with one eye I suppose.
I didn’t mind us playing; was a good matchup. We kinda died when Marcus Evans went out, didn’t really have an answer for Mr. Fall and your other guys were no slouches either! I sooo wanted you to win that game because a) always want the team that beat you to keep going, b) you were there and coulda shoulda, and c) pbhhht Duke. Really really wanted that layup or putback to go in it would have made a PERFECT bookend for this ( sorry for posting this vid but just so you know where I’m coming from and how much we wanted you guys to win)

This year- senior loaded, being touted as top 25 and I hope we can play to that. If our defense holds and we can pick up on the offense a bit I think we can maybe do it.
Preseason a-10 #1(fwiw) The conference should be better this year, a fairly decent OOC so far with a game or two tbd. We have to do well there.
Big fun OOC for us?against our last coach, who you may have heard a word or two about...

Wed, Nov. 13: LSU
SOrry for all the yapping .... how are you guys looking? Bj, tacko and chad gone? Minutes to fill...

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
He’s shorter than Chad who was an undersized Center. He has to be a 4.

Wrong, wrong wrong.

The Average Center in NCAA is 6'8 or so. Chad is 6'9 and so is the new commit Jamille. A 6'10 + center in college is rare. We might have seen 2 - 4 6'10 + centers all of last season with 20 + opponents.

CFB not so much, I guess .... we’ll Time is one thing and I’m lucky enough to have Mrs. 74 be into CBB enough to where we (more like, me) can really invest in the season :)
I look with one eye I suppose.
I didn’t mind us playing; was a good matchup. We kinda died when Marcus Evans went out, didn’t really have an answer for Mr. Fall and your other guys were no slouches either! I sooo wanted you to win that game because a) always want the team that beat you to keep going, b) you were there and coulda shoulda, and c) pbhhht Duke. Really really wanted that layup or putback to go in it would have made a PERFECT bookend for this ( sorry for posting this vid but just so you know where I’m coming from and how much we wanted you guys to win)

This year- senior loaded, being touted as top 25 and I hope we can play to that. If our defense holds and we can pick up on the offense a bit I think we can maybe do it.
Preseason a-10 #1(fwiw) The conference should be better this year, a fairly decent OOC so far with a game or two tbd. We have to do well there.
Big fun OOC for us?against our last coach, who you may have heard a word or two about...

Wed, Nov. 13: LSU
SOrry for all the yapping .... how are you guys looking? Bj, tacko and chad gone? Minutes to fill...

This is the year of Johnny Dawkins. If he can get this team to gel then we could finish near the top of the AAC. Excited by some of the individuals but it’s so new I don’t think anyone can make an accurate guess of what our season will look like. They did take a trip to Spain this year and got some extra games/workouts in so I believe that will help us.

Wrong, wrong wrong.

The Average Center in NCAA is 6'8 or so. Chad is 6'9 and so is the new commit Jamille. A 6'10 + center in college is rare. We might have seen 2 - 4 6'10 + centers all of last season with 20 + opponents.
The average Center is not 6’8” in major college basketball. May be a few teams that play small ball but I looked it up and there were roughly 500 kids 6’10” and taller a couple years ago. 6’8” is average PF maybe.

Wrong, wrong wrong.

Duke had 3 by themselves 6-10 and taller. 2 were PFs.

Duke had 3 by themselves 6-10 and taller. 2 were PFs.
That’s kinda my point; but I don’t remember where I made it, maybe not here. The Dukes etc get that height / talent combo in most cases, the high mids go for/pull an upset signing. I hope Jamille gets a great plan with you guys and can play to his potential. Just a fan, nothing more but I think he can be *way* more than serviceable.
All that said- I look at and think about players that aren’t the one and dones. A great part of why I like CBB is to follow players, see what they become. Not necessarily as pros (although that’s nice) but seeing the development, the fun(?) just following season by season.
One of the best things I have ever seen was the end of year game here, no gonna post the video of two players you probably don’t know from vcu. Mo a huge bb player is working on nfl stuff with the Colts, Torrey a walk-on, now coaching at mrs74’s high school. Small world stuff. I figure you all have the same feel-goods?
I dunno, I love stuff like this as most all fans do:)
Anyway... you all have probably had enough of my rambling so I’ll try to stfu
Thanks for dealing and good luck in the upcoming seasons (until we meet again)
https://wilder.vcu.edu/news-and-eve...rston-bring-inspiration-to-inmates-and-t.html

Listen to yourself. You're trying to say whatever Duke has, must be the standard for the rest of cbb. It's not.
Just disproving your statement that we faced 4 guys all of last year taller than 6-9. Duke had 3 by themselves. I’m not going to go through every roster. 6-10 is not that uncommon.

Just disproving your statement that we faced 4 guys all of last year taller than 6-9. Duke had 3 by themselves. I’m not going to go through every roster. 6-10 is not that uncommon.

Only 2 of them played vs us. So you didn't disprove anything.

Most of teams in the AAC play positionless ball or heavy winger play. And only 4 of our OOC were in the Top 100 RPI. So even if our OCC opponents had 6'10" + they probably weren't any good.

My point stands.

That’s kinda my point; but I don’t remember where I made it, maybe not here. The Dukes etc get that height / talent combo in most cases, the high mids go for/pull an upset signing. I hope Jamille gets a great plan with you guys and can play to his potential. Just a fan, nothing more but I think he can be *way* more than serviceable.
All that said- I look at and think about players that aren’t the one and dones. A great part of why I like CBB is to follow players, see what they become. Not necessarily as pros (although that’s nice) but seeing the development, the fun(?) just following season by season.
One of the best things I have ever seen was the end of year game here, no gonna post the video of two players you probably don’t know from vcu. Mo a huge bb player is working on nfl stuff with the Colts, Torrey a walk-on, now coaching at mrs74’s high school. Small world stuff. I figure you all have the same feel-goods?
I dunno, I love stuff like this as most all fans do:)
Anyway... you all have probably had enough of my rambling so I’ll try to stfu
Thanks for dealing and good luck in the upcoming seasons (until we meet again)
https://wilder.vcu.edu/news-and-eve...rston-bring-inspiration-to-inmates-and-t.html
You must be close to my age, a ‘72 UCF grad, and the Mrs. and I love to watch players grow into
Successful men and women contributing back to our community as leaders. One of our great pleasures.
Good luck this year.

Reactions: Vcu74
I’m excited to see what happens this year. So much unknown! I can’t even predict a starting 5 yet. Who will be our top scorer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT